Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thebes Dragon - September 17 2019 (Needed for the Oracle Oasis Dragon Tales Event)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellerslie6 View Post
    Thanks for early notice deadpixel.
    I will not be panicking - this event has become totally tedious - even more so this time because we can only acquire Egypt habitat if we spend real money.

And of course the fact that (a) we are running out of room for more habitats; (b) maps and island pieces as prizes are useless for high level players, and (c) for many of us so called common dragons are impossible to breed has made the game more of a frustration than entertainment and (d) it is becoming increasingly difficult to acquire a new breedable dragon thru normal gameplay so after hours of breeding and hatching the egg gets sent straight to the sale yard.

I now spend more time focusing on tournaments and food acquisition to level up my favourite dragons.

Sorry for venting but this game used to be so much fun.
    Hi, I agree. It seems that everything that DS has done lately is designed to make the events more time consuming and difficult. That is why we chase our tails constantly breeding these common four hour dragons that fill the habitats. Look at how many dragons need to be acquired to complete the tails and the number of apples required to raise them. Maybe you don’t enjoy the tales but want to earn the monthly dragon. Guess what? While in the past, you had to earn 20,000 pieces to earn it, now it requires 30,000. That pretty much ensures that you have to work through the tales or spend gold. I still have fun with the game, but I choose only to parti

Rhino Keeper
    Ok got it after 3 tries with Night & Fire.

I actually got it after a few fails, I didn't think I could ever get anything with red +black after the nightmare that was Khnum.

Nightclub Owner
    Having nothing but fails on two dens (11 hours, 12 hours, 32 hours, one 4 hour that turned out to be a Ferret )

ETA: Just put Night & Playful in the den and got 4 hours - fingers crossed

ETA2: Night & Playful did the trick Thebes is hatching now
    Last edited by amerirish; 09-20-19 at 08:51 AM.
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Executive Chef
    finally have it on the nest
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Rhino Keeper
    Struggling wit this, got Ferret, couple of Corals, Dark Phoenix (which is good for disenchanting). Now 17 hours which I think will be Super. Not spending gold on this.
    Dragon Story - Iceland, Fantasy Forest Story - Saint Mary

Executive Chef
    I can’t breed this stupid “common” for anything.

Banned
    It's ridiculous. A common dragon for Dragon Tales shouldn't take 15-20 attempts to breed which is not UNcommon.

They are trying to monetize everything. Unfortunately there is nobody around for that. They would have been making the money they were 2-3 years ago had they a) kept the events and tournaments fun and fair and b) not decided to monetize SPACE to put the dragons people acquire. To me, the space issue is unforgivable.

Fashion Designer
    On day 6 and still no common, but last fall was the last time I couldn't breed the common dragon....I guess once a year having this much of an issue may be just chance...still frustrating. I got a lot of lunar ram dragons, one neo bubble, two corals, one super...

EDIT: I was thinking about it an a couple of years ago, I couldn't breed the common dragon but was able to buy it for 50 gold. It would be a bit less stressful if the common dragon wasn't 200 gold now.

Rhino Keeper
    So many fails this time. I am literally Charmed to death. I have only gotten one 4 hour fail. Most of my fails are in the 10-16 hour range. Probably not going to be able to do this event since can?t get my common. I am ready to start Day 6 but not too optimistic this time. I even have two dens going too and that isn’t helpful.

Update: Never could get the common so stopped trying and used the food I was going to use to upgrade some of my diamond and champion dragons. I might do the same for the next Tales too as my space for dragons is getting very limited anyway. Might just do the battle tournaments in the future.
    Last edited by LocalNews; 09-25-19 at 10:56 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast