Page 60 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 9/12: Unfamiliar Waters event | * event info on page 1 *

Does anybody know if we can still craft Ominvorous fish and Marble aquarium after we have Eoin? My Eoin is now in the workshop, but I would like to craft some more of the other items to keep as a souvenir.

Executive Chef
    @mientoentje No, we can't. They are gone from Workshop after you craft Eoin.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by bfstone View Post
    I only have two underwater plants crafted, and one marble aquarium. I completely stopped tending to my kingdom yesterday, focusing ONLY on the event and I still dont think I will finish. I had to cave and use a rune boost (even though I was 2 silver and 5 gold away from an alicorn...)

I JUST WANNA BE FREEEEEE

Lol yes me toooooooooo I believe I will need a glass of something hard when I finally get done. I'm staring at the craft for the merman and seeing 0/4 flowers. So very close and yet so very very far away. Thirty two hours away. I'll have to gem Sherman at some point for sure since I don't think we actually have 32 hours and 10 minutes left in this event. :-/

I love the aquariums as well SofiaDeo. Hopefully the drops will increase post event.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Lol yes me toooooooooo I believe I will need a glass of something hard when I finally get done. I'm staring at the craft for the merman and seeing 0/4 flowers. So very close and yet so very very far away. Thirty two hours away. I'll have to gem Sherman at some point for sure since I don't think we actually have 32 hours and 10 minutes left in this event. :-/

I love the aquariums as well SofiaDeo. Hopefully the drops will increase post event.
    We do! There are about 53 hrs left. Just don't forget to collect from him... or put him into storage too early ... both of which a certain someone (me) did. I finished goal 10 yesterday, will finish event tomorrow. No gems, but I did boost for 2.5 days of crafting time.

I just did the math and realized there is no possible way to finish the underwater plants in 2 and a half days. I’m beginning to think this is a stupid waste of time. Requiring 4 marble aquariums for each underwater plant is just mean. And 192 shark teeth at 15 whacks per tooth? This isn’t fun. I’m done.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by mientoentje View Post
    Does anybody know if we can still craft Ominvorous fish and Marble aquarium after we have Eoin? My Eoin is now in the workshop, but I would like to craft some more of the other items to keep as a souvenir.
    These crafts are gone but the necklace still appears in my magic forge.
    Queendom name - Codex Realm
    Lower Level Queendom - TheNameOfTheWind (ID: WiseMansFear )
    I accept all neighbor requests but do not visit often.

Fashion Designer
    The crafting times and numbers in this event were just too complicated. I feel like Unfamiliar Waters event was a math test.

I think the craft time for the intermediate build items should have been equivalent; eg,
    carnivorous fish craft time (2hrs) should have equaled omnivorous fish craft time (1 hr)
    wood aquarium (30 minutes) should have equaled marble aquarium craft time (which should have been much lower than 4 hrs!)
    and Sherman less than 8 hrs!

I think it would have felt more like a game and less like a math test that way.

I still think a lot of things were well done in this event. I like using the potion shop and workshops, and no new building that I had to buy or upgrade! The wayward fish drops were great! I don't think there was one negative comment about that aspect over the 63 pages here??? That is such a difference from past events like this and such a step in the right direction.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by farmerted7 View Post
    The crafting times and numbers in this event were just too complicated. I feel like Unfamiliar Waters event was a math test.

I think the craft time for the intermediate build items should have been equivalent; eg,
    carnivorous fish craft time (2hrs) should have equaled omnivorous fish craft time (1 hr)
    wood aquarium (30 minutes) should have equaled marble aquarium craft time (which should have been much lower than 4 hrs!)
    and Sherman less than 8 hrs!

I think it would have felt more like a game and less like a math test that way.

I still think a lot of things were well done in this event. I like using the potion shop and workshops, and no new building that I had to buy or upgrade! The wayward fish drops were great! I don't think there was one negative comment about that aspect over the 63 pages here??? That is such a difference from past events like this and such a step in the right direction.
    Well said!
    Like other players I took issue with so many things having to be crafted in the workshop. I liked that we used the potion shop too and would have loved to have seen at least one of the workshop crafts being done in the magic forge. I suppose though that we were given the option of buying the Mysterious Aquarium to ease the pressure off our workshops.
    I think Sherman's drops could have started a little bit earlier to give us more time to get, especially, those last four flowers. Having Meghana would certainly help me but of course I'm not spending 120 gems on something that might drop one water post event.
    I liked the spawn rate of the warrior shark as well. It took me several tries to get Meghana to spawn but I wasn't in a rush as I still have to wait on Sherman.

I, too, really liked the fact that we didn't have a building to upgrade. I loved that the kelp dropped additional items that I really needed right now for other main story goals. And the graphics were truly a delight.

I wonder how many players actually completed the main goal and the side goal for the daddy shark?

Rhino Keeper
    Well said!
    Like other players I took issue with so many things having to be crafted in the workshop. I liked that we used the potion shop too and would have loved to have seen at least one of the workshop crafts being done in the magic forge. I suppose though that we were given the option of buying the Mysterious Aquarium to ease the pressure off our workshops.
    I think Sherman's drops could have started a little bit earlier to give us more time to get, especially, those last four flowers. Having Meghana would certainly help me but of course I'm not spending 120 gems on something that might drop one water post event.
    I liked the spawn rate of the warrior shark as well. It took me several tries to get Meghana to spawn but I wasn't in a rush as I still have to wait on Sherman.

I, too, really liked the fact that we didn't have a building to upgrade. I loved that the kelp dropped additional items that I really needed right now for other main story goals. And the graphics were truly a delight.

I wonder how many players actually completed the main goal and the side goal for the daddy shark?
    I'm a collector but I think I'm going to hold off on an extra Underwater Plant. An extra Marble Aquarium is doable. I'm going for the Warrior Shark because I horribly overshot how many shark teeth we need and as said, I've been chopping Terra Firma Kelp to upgrade my Conservatories. I'm level 50 with event energy suppliers for the past year or so and 2 wizard schools. I boosted crafts twice and that's it. Days off and after work have nonstop timers for the crafts though.

I will say that this event did get tedious because it did FORCE you to play the game. I obviously play it because I find it entertaining, but that doesn't mean I want to play it every 1-2 hours (compared to just collecting for 1-2 hr timer). It usually meant chopping for sharks and fighting sharks for the teeth on those timers. Sometimes it's nice to play and take a break and do other things. This event very much forced you to stay plugged into your device practically 24/7 due to the varied timers, crafting bottleneck, and insanely high required monster fighting drops.

Farm Supplier
    Pour me one while youre at it! You should see the check-off chart I drew to keep me from being discouraged. If I crafted it, I checked it. Seeing the list shrink made me feel like I could do it. Best of luck to you on those flowers! I dont know how I got them all so early, but I wont look a gift-horse in the mouth!