Page 46 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 9/12: Unfamiliar Waters event | * event info on page 1 *

Am I the only one that needs 4 Marble Aquariums for each Aquarium Terrarium? - sorry, I can't keep up with the thread the past couple of days!

Executive Chef
    QUOTE=purrdue5;1595854]Don't know if this is the proper place for this question but hoping someone can help. I'm working on getting more boosts & I'm finding a lot of items needed are fins, have checked out the hub & thouht it said they could be found at the memoseas but I'm not having any luck. Have i misunderstood. Thanks so much for any help. Good luck to everyone on this goal![/QUOTE]

The prison, if you have it, always spawns a marmosea which drops fins after defeating it.

Rhino Keeper
    Whoops I messed that up. I do have the prison, will dig it out. Thanks guys you are great.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by zentia42 View Post
    Is it a bug or design that sharks drop no energy while hitting them down. Every other monster of which I am aware drops 1 energy every few hits due to the tavernum (spelling?) quests. The sharks should only take maybe 8 energy each, but take 10 because I do not get the energy drops. I get 2 on ****s, rarely 3. The critical hits that drop 2 health are uncommon, but seem about right for the larger monsters; I assume early-game monsters have a higher chance to be critically hit.

I apologize if this was mentioned earlier, but I did not see it in the 20+ pages I have read.

Edit: suddenly, Thursday, as in 7 days into event, I am getting energy from shark hits. Very positive change!
    They weren?t dropping any energy and thank goodness they are now!! Don?t want to jinx it and them take it away😉. I agree, very positive! Thanks S8

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieofrivendell View Post
    I really couldn't quite put my finger on why I have almost completely lost interest in Castle Story events during the last six months. I still log in everyday but, even if in the early stages of an event get really excited and gem ahead just for the fun of playing, i lose interest quite fast. It took the underwater theme to really clear it up for me. The events aren't more energy draining than they used to be, but what HAS changed is the obligation to log in as many times a day as possible. It doesn't matter if, energywise, you can complete the goals by logging in just once a day. It's even different from those events when drops from event items were such a bottleneck (like the steampunk robots or the press your luck leprechauns). No, back then I could still keep up with an event by setting an alarm to go off every 1.5 half hours, just collect the drops and go on about my day, usually spending more time in the game at night, crafting and using up the drops collected during the day. Now, I really can't do that anymore. Castle Story doesn't just want me to log in every couple of hours and spend a few seconds collecting drops. Now I have to PLAY each time, collect drops, craft so many different items, battle more monsters than during monster hunts. I honestly can't keep up with all of that during my working day (and I have a pretty easy, make my own hours kind of job, but still don't feel like interrupting it like this). Again, it would be ok if we would have to just log in for a few seconds for a quick collection. When we weren't able to do that, the gem alternative wasn't so steep, usually two gems per missed drop. Now, the alternative for not playing the game at least four times throughout the day is probably over 50 gems a day (speedups, needed drops for crafting etc). Is this really the best strategy for your users? I really don't think I'm that different from other players, at least from what I see them posting on this forum. Such a waste, this used to be such a fun game for me 
    I am beginning to feel like an "event lemming", rushing blindly towards an unhappy end.......
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by wishtheywerereal View Post
    Yup. Same page.
    Me too!

Host(ess)

Main story line please!

I think if they would get back to the main storyline where it is not timed and players can work at it at our own speed, many players would start playing again.
    And of course if they made the expansion spaces a bit less time intensive, that would go a long way too. I think most of us really enjoy expanding our kingdom and would play more often if we could expand without needing so many permits!
    Last edited by FarmeraKingdom; 09-19-19 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Correction

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by FarmeraKingdom View Post
    I think if they would get back to the main storyline where it is not timed and players can work at it at our own speed, many players would start playing again.
    And of course if they made the expansion spaces a bit less time intensive, that would go a long way too. I think most of us really enjoy expanding our kingdom and would play more often if we could expand without needing so many permits!
    But see, we can Just Say No to playing events we don't have to follow the herd.......
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Every time I see the name Sherman I think:

P. Sherman
    42 Wallaby Way
    Sydney

This event *is* ocean themed... and has sharks... and has the storyline of a lost kid...

Perhaps the name Sherman was a subconscious association?

Fashion Designer
    I haven’t used a boost in ages, but I don’t think mine is working correctly?

Carnivorous Fish are supposed to take 2 hours, so with a boost it should take 1 hour. The timer should still say 2 hours, but it just counts down twice as fast.....is that right? Because what is actually happening is the timer is counting down from 4 hours, but twice as fast, so it will take 2 hours, but that’s the same length of time that it would take without the boost, so what’s then the point of the boost? It’s being wasted?

It also needs 8 gems to speed it up, whereas it should only need 4 gems with the boost.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F141302D-A846-4718-A990-92AC0403E912.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	53088