Page 18 of 70 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 9/12: Unfamiliar Waters event | * event info on page 1 *

Executive Chef
    I have a Value Pack being offered now. Not crazy about what is in it. It expires in one day and eight hours. If S8 offered a new package with Shark Teeth and Expansion Permits, I would go for it in a minute. Here's hoping. Hang in there, everyone and good luck. It is still very early in the event.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by wishtheywerereal View Post
    That's 55 shark teeth per shark daddy * 15 energy per tooth, 55*15=825 per shark dad.

I am still at a level to have to choose, so I am going to save for a MH and count myself blessed that I can save at all.

And yes, maybe was it HagyPagy? - new structures can generate a bit more stress, but, it doesn't have to. The event does seem do-able as long as we follow sensible strategies - that include sleeping! : )

If the shark mum is indeed for gems only, it's just baby Sherman for me. As our realms are used to taking in orphans, I don't see a big problem.
    : )
    I wrote a few pages back that the dad takes 1,000 energy to get sndvis basically a pond. Hence - just say no. Hey here is another shark for purchase, but not sure it is the mom. She is listed as Meghana. The necklace in the forge has to be for someone.

Executive Chef
    We do tend to freak out with new event formats, but this one is definitely energy intensive.

I still have 6 fish containers to make before crafting the columns and aquariums for level 7.

I have been almost exclusively using my energy for event materials (2 Wizard schools, last event reward and lots of daily's). I have also been pretty close to every 1.5 hours of logging in. No night alarms. I made it to level 7 pretty quickly so I am debating continuing after level 8.

Is it worth another 8-10 days of chopping and fighting sharks. I'm at 35 shark teeth. Once I get enough teeth, I will park a monster then it won't be so bad. The annoying part is 40 energy can be used to chop not even one rock or kelp because of the shark energy used.

No daddy shark for me!

Executive Chef
    I wonder if we get an aquarium with those cute fishies and the columns we're sweating over.
    That merman is nicely designed, but I'm not a big fan. And I don't think I'll be able to have complete shark family. They will remain separated.
    The storyline is that those fish needed a home isn't it? I've lost track.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post
    I can?t remember an event like this before.
    The worst from memory was the Onyx Temple - took a lot of energy getting that to LVL10!
    I do remember tho that every time a new format event rolls out everyone freaks out that they eat energy.
    This one doesn?t seem too bad to me yet.

I feel like this event should be doable for most - despite it seeming energy intensive.
    Remember we are early days still.

Here?s some tips:
    Make sure to play every two hours (or as close to that) that you can.
    (you don?t need to interrupt your sleep - missing 5 or 6 collections a day is fine)
    Spend all of your energy collecting the flowers and chopping rocks or kelp.
    Ignore the rest of your kingdom.
    Shark Teeth will naturally come with chopping rocks and kelp -
    Just make sure you use the quick collect method so that Warrior Sharks spawn more frequently.
    Always have the two Workshops crafting event items.
    (I recommend always crafting the same item at the same time - craft in 2s not 1s)

Hope this helps
    Good luck to everyone!
    What is the quick collect method?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by JCrewS11 View Post
    What is the quick collect method?
    This is a method of collecting that eliminates the chop, chop, chop, chop.....
    Two methods: The preferred way is that when you are chopping kelp or rock, tap quickly 10 or more times and then slide your phone screen up or down and then back.
    Another way is to do your fast tap, tap, tapping and then hit the Home button, I quickly do it 2 times, on your device.
    If you look back a couple of pages there are probably better instructions.
    And I believe it's explained in the Hub under tips for new players.
    This method is invaluable when you do unlimited energy packs.

Farm Supplier
    Does anyone know what Meghana drops (besides flowers)?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    I wonder if we get an aquarium with those cute fishies and the columns we're sweating over.
    That merman is nicely designed, but I'm not a big fan. And I don't think I'll be able to have complete shark family. They will remain separated.
    The storyline is that those fish needed a home isn't it? I've lost track.

We get the columns as decor and they are very pretty. We get the aquarium with a 10 minute timer and each collection I get either water and scales or water and fish.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ham2905 View Post
    We get the columns as decor and they are very pretty. We get the aquarium with a 10 minute timer and each collection I get either water and scales or water and fish.
    That 10 minute timer will probably change after the event. Then the drops will be anybody's guess.

My rock has started spawning the glimmer golem often and the waste of energy is driving me crazy. I don?t mind the dire boar as much because at least you get some energy back and I also need the milk to craft the baby version. But using energy fighting other monsters when I need to get the shark is very annoying.