Page 43 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 9/12: Unfamiliar Waters event | * event info on page 1 *

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Thanks for posting that clarification - I've added it to goal 13 as a note to help others when they get to that goal.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, and I hope I'm wrong, but we have to make 16 wood aquariums AND 16 marble aquariums to make the 4 underwater plants. That means 32 each of the omnivorous and carnivorous fish. PLUS the 68 shark teeth (4 each marble aquarium plus 4 for Eoin) PLUS 16 sea flowers (3 for each plant plus 4 for Eoin)

I've been silent for this one, plodding along and slowly completing tasks. But this is in no way my idea of fun. It is repetitive, boring, and ridiculous. There is no logic to the areas we are crafting the items we are making, as Lorrainne pointed out several posts back. Additionally, the lack of logic in the materials required to craft the items required. 8 aquariums and 3 flowers to craft a plant!. Seriously? What about seeds? What about the conservatories and greenhouses? Soooo, soooo many missed opportunities to incorporate items we already have, and buildings we already have, and to make it interesting instead of dull, repetitive and redundant. I will complete it, only because I'm too far in to stop now and end up with so many useless resources left over. I admit to using 4 gems to speed up crafts and Sherman the least few minutes before going to sleep. But that's it. And I've stopped using the fast worker boosts, since I'm waiting for wayward fish anyway. Yawn. I suppose the goal was to make it last the entire two weeks. Great, good job on that part. But it would have been a lot more fun two weeks if we could do something besides crafting hundreds of Omni- and carnivorous fish and gobs of aquariums.

Ps. Forgot to add, I did not purchase the extra workshop....I made that mistake a few years ago and am now the not-so-proud owner of a useless egg forge. I don't have enough wayward fish to run three workshops anyway. Shrugs. Also...my poor Sherman shall also remain motherless I'm afraid. I'll just collect sea flowers while waiting for the fish to craft.
    I agree! Is is in fact 32 of both fishes for step 10. That is WAY too many if you ask me. I think I might be using my last boost, because I am also waiting for wayward fish. Congrats to those who have great drops of the wayward fish. On top of my less than stellar drop rate I can't log in to very two hours. I work plus I am in a local theater production that fills my evenings through next week. I may get this finished and I will try my best since I started the event but I have not enjoyed it. I do like the bonus drops from the kelp but I am still tired of chopping it and rocks.
    Thuakie Sword #19

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cccymaaa View Post
    My boost is broken again
    Oh no! Sorry......
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Executive Chef
    Yep 32 of those fish. I got 9 each made today, so about 3 more days of crafting fish. And collecting from Sherman and chopping kelp. I've got everything else.
    So I'll be able to save up on some energy for a while.
    I was so tired of crafting fish, I put 2 enchanted lanterns for overnight.
    Time is the concern on this event for sure. I'm sure a lot of players opted out of this one.

Rhino Keeper
    Eoin gave me 4 energy and 1 blue coral this morning.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by WittyWitch View Post
    I hate to ask this and risk anything becoming more confusing than it already is, but seeing as I am confused I?m hoping someone can give me a definite answer (you know, assuming S8 doesn?t change anything..again). I was level 46 when the event started, and I?m working on goal 10 and need to grow 4 underwater pants. These 4 plants are or are not​ the same 4 plants for step 13?

If you need 4 Underwater Plants for GOAL 10 you must already be classed as higher level kingdom.
    My Level 50 Kingdom asks for 4 and my Level 36 Kingdom only asks for 3

I thought higher level requirements started at Level 47, apparently not, or another S8 change mid event.

Rhino Keeper
    Does anyone know if the bug on Goal 9 has been fixed?
    I don’t want to collect and lose things.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by WittyWitch View Post
    Thank you, Stymie!
    My boost has just doubled the collection time. Really annoyed as short of time and very few boost resources left.

Fashion Designer
    Do the 4 wood aquariums crafted in previously (maybe goal 9) also count toward goal 10? It seems they should be able to be used for the undersea plants.

Edit - never mind. I crafted them in goal 10. For some reason, it seemed like a previous goal. They are all running together.
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.

I really couldn't quite put my finger on why I have almost completely lost interest in Castle Story events during the last six months. I still log in everyday but, even if in the early stages of an event get really excited and gem ahead just for the fun of playing, i lose interest quite fast. It took the underwater theme to really clear it up for me. The events aren't more energy draining than they used to be, but what HAS changed is the obligation to log in as many times a day as possible. It doesn't matter if, energywise, you can complete the goals by logging in just once a day. It's even different from those events when drops from event items were such a bottleneck (like the steampunk robots or the press your luck leprechauns). No, back then I could still keep up with an event by setting an alarm to go off every 1.5 half hours, just collect the drops and go on about my day, usually spending more time in the game at night, crafting and using up the drops collected during the day. Now, I really can't do that anymore. Castle Story doesn't just want me to log in every couple of hours and spend a few seconds collecting drops. Now I have to PLAY each time, collect drops, craft so many different items, battle more monsters than during monster hunts. I honestly can't keep up with all of that during my working day (and I have a pretty easy, make my own hours kind of job, but still don't feel like interrupting it like this). Again, it would be ok if we would have to just log in for a few seconds for a quick collection. When we weren't able to do that, the gem alternative wasn't so steep, usually two gems per missed drop. Now, the alternative for not playing the game at least four times throughout the day is probably over 50 gems a day (speedups, needed drops for crafting etc). Is this really the best strategy for your users? I really don't think I'm that different from other players, at least from what I see them posting on this forum. Such a waste, this used to be such a fun game for me 😢