Page 30 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 9/12: Unfamiliar Waters event | * event info on page 1 *

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ham2905 View Post
    Goal 13: summon Eoin (I'm level 40)

1. 3 underwater plants (from goal 10)- woo hoo
    2. 2 flowers from Sherman (so I have to wait for 2 more)
    3. 2 shark teeth

Once you clear goal 10 it's a cake walk!!!
    Thank you so much for this information! Two observations:
    1) This makes the final prize look attainable after all. If goals 11-13 had been like 9 and 10, no way would I have been able to do it! But considering it's still only the middle of the first week of a two-week event, I'm feeling cautiously optimistic.
    2) This event reminds me very, VERY much of the Press Your Luck event (which I hated) with its endless crafting of different parts which all required rainbow pots. Much like now the different aquariums and what not all require marble aquariums. In that event there also were some type of plants we could only collect from every 1.5/2 hours (not sure anymore; I do remember the max number was lower than ten). And, while it was extremely slow, tedious going for much of the event, the last few goals were easy.

Executive Chef
    Ham's information has given me great relief as well. I will finish Goal 9 tonight. Then I will plug away at Goal 10 , knowing I will finish, just not very quickly. There is plenty of time left. Now we don't have to feel hopeless as we move along.

Rhino Keeper
    The kelp gives tons of glimmer dust and mushrooms and petals which I like! At least when I'm chopping away and ignoring everything else I'm still able to do trade and make other stuff in my potion shop!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by ham2905 View Post
    Columns are 1x1 decor for your kingdom-they are very pretty.
    Thanks. The info in the first post says they are materials so I was a bit confused.

Fashion Designer
    This event is a boat load of work but I have to say, it’s awesome looking! The theme is coming together and I think I’ll set up a little underwater area when all is said and done. Thanks to ham, it actually seems doable without pulling out excessive (-ly more) hair. All hail ham! So say we all.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5E282B17-B23A-4508-A690-25D89AD0BAB2.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	166.0 KB 
ID:	53053
    Queendom name - Codex Realm
    Lower Level Queendom - TheNameOfTheWind (ID: WiseMansFear )
    I accept all neighbor requests but do not visit often.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by queens_ransom View Post
    Thank you so much for this information! Two observations:
    1) This makes the final prize look attainable after all. If goals 11-13 had been like 9 and 10, no way would I have been able to do it! But considering it's still only the middle of the first week of a two-week event, I'm feeling cautiously optimistic.
    2) This event reminds me very, VERY much of the Press Your Luck event (which I hated) with its endless crafting of different parts which all required rainbow pots. Much like now the different aquariums and what not all require marble aquariums. In that event there also were some type of plants we could only collect from every 1.5/2 hours (not sure anymore; I do remember the max number was lower than ten). And, while it was extremely slow, tedious going for much of the event, the last few goals were easy.
    This event also reminds me of the Press Your Luck event and one of the middle goals taking a very long time to finish but then it was all downhill from there. I’m still on goal 7!

Executive Chef
    I'm on goal 9 but the only reason I'm "ahead" is this forum. I continued to collect pebbles and kelp. Then as soon as 7 finished, I kept making the fish. In 2 hours I will have 6 of each.

Without the forum a player would be very far behind once they got to goal 9 and 10, especially if you don't collect materials to craft more fish while the columns an aquariums are being made. That could be days with no collections.

I will continue to work at it but not really excited about the complete energy drain.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by wishtheywerereal View Post
    Some scary math:
    As per info on page 1, just talking about crafting time for *components* of event necessities/final goal crafts of underwater plant and aquarium terrarium...

Total omnivorous fishies (or ominivorous fish), 36, 1 hr each, 36 hrs of crafting.
    Total carnivorous fishies, same 36, at two hours each, 72 hours of crafting.
    Total marble aquariums, 18, at four hours each, another 72 hours of crafting.

That adds up to 180 hours of crafting 90 items.

With just over 9 days of the event left, that is 20 items per day, just for components. With two workshops, that is 10 visits per day. Just for component crafting.

Remember I do love this game, so keep this in mind when I say that even I think this is really more than a bit much. Which is way a polite English manner of conveying, 'Excuse me sir, may we please have some less?' Yes, 'Excuse me, sir, may we please have some less?'

And I would trust that the S8 people will not react as Mr Bumble of the Oliver Twist orphanage, as (wait for the drama), "...tears were not the things to find their way to Mr Bumble's soul; his heart
    Thanks for knocking some reality into me. I'm out. It's bad enough that it's not achievable, it's also stopping me from using my workshop for any expansion needs. In fact all the events lately have tied up the workshop, essentially preventing expansion.

You know what? I actually feel relieved just typing myself 'permission' to stop!

Rhino Keeper
    why are we still being awarded crowns during events?
    I own every single walker available and still have over 600 crowns left along with the upcoming award of 100... silly. I honestly rather have a pitiful amount of coins

Executive Chef
    Now that all the goals have been discovered I feel that this is an achievable questline!

It essentially breaks down to:
    2 Tidepools
    - 4 Carnivorous & Omnivorous Fish
    2 Aquarium Columns - 6 Marble Aquariums
    - 20 Carnivorous & Omnivorous Fish + 24 Shark Teeth
    2 Aquarium Terrariums - 8 Marble Aquariums
    - 16 Carnivorous & Omnivorous Fish + 32 Shark Teeth
    1 Eoin - 4 Underwater Plants - 16 Marble Aquariums
    - 32 Carnivorous & Omnivorous Fish + 68 Shark Teeth
    Warrior Sharks
    - 55 Shark Teeth each
    TOTAL:
    72 Carnivorous & Omnivorous Fish
    124(+55ea) Shark Teeth
    16 Sea Flowers
    16 Wooden Aquariums

Just gotta keep those Workshops working!

Great work Storm8!
    Beautiful new designs!
    Lots of new creatures and deco, and great prizes.
    Great work MeowMeowBeans! Fun ideas.

The only downside is that Meghana is only available for gems.
    Hopefully her price is reduced before the end of the event - cause 120gems is too much imho.
    Last edited by hagypagy; 09-17-19 at 12:01 AM.