Page 50 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 9/12: Unfamiliar Waters event | * event info on page 1 *

Executive Chef
    I am still slogging away at the marble aquariums to make the underwater flowers. I have 1 underwater flower, hope to finish #2 today, across all accounts. I don't have time for more than 1 boost a day (at least those are working!)

I feel for those who can't log in & play every 1/2-2 hours. This event truly is time consuming.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Fashion Designer
    Question: Does Sherman stop dropping flowers after Eoin has been summoned? Probably yes. I do want to have one as a souvenir. I usually try to get at least one of every item in each event but I did choose to skip the marble aquarium and underwater plant this time. I love the artwork in all the various event items and these were exceptional. I did do a number of boosts, obviously more than needed since I’m almost finished. I now need to replenish the runes so I have been doing elven trades again after ignoring them for a while. The last one took quite a few blue petals so I went scrolling through my extensive inventory looking for some blue penstemon shrubs. Yes, S8, a better way to sort out the storage would be appreciated. While I could have chosen to look under just the decorations and not having anything else to do, I chose to scroll the ALL. A nice walk down memory lane. Found the shrubs several hundred pages in so I didn’t go all the way to the end of almost 700 pages representing almost 7 years of playing and maybe 5 years of collecting.

The intensive back to back events must be daunting to newer players who are also struggling to complete the many long term goals that are part of the main storyline. My goal book has just building upgrades and the spooky skin for the keep I don’t want. I have chosen to skip a few events where the “rewards” did not fit with the aesthetics of my realm. Based on the initial pop up screen of the shark family, I was prepared to skip this one. And then I saw the merman. He is perfect to go with the 3 mermaids I have in their area. I do like to arrange things in themed areas. For those wanting a break, be careful what you wish for. I remember in the early days when we would be waiting to see if there would be an update when Thursday rolled around. Disappointment when there was nothing. Just tending to regular stuff, farming, crafting, sending the knights on adventures, etc. Even no new expansions available. Now we have years worth of plots to open.

And we also have this awesome Forum and all you wonderful posters that put Castle Story head and shoulders above other games. A huge THANK YOU to all. And of course special appreciation for the beautifully organized Page 1 with all the detailed information. Not forgetting to mention the HUB and the hours needed to produce this valuable resource. For Wishtheywerereal and others that are limited by real life responsibilities, I understand your frustrations. For many of us that can access CS 24/7, it allows us to find a bit of escape from the circumstances of a limited lifestyle. I don’t think you would want to trade places.

Executive Chef
    I’d posted earlier that the event was time consuming, energy intensive and high maintenance as in requiring play every 1-2h. That said, no random drops is definitely a plus in this event and you can have at least 1 if not all 3 sharks by mid-event. It is also encouraging to see lower requirements for lower level players who can for a change, complete with much greater ease and speed than high level players with plentiful energy resources (like myself). I won’t finish till later tonight despite boosting 1-2 times daily (no mysterious aquarium) and I would definitely prefer to have finished a few days ago as per normal with 2 week events in order to free workshops to make enchanted lanterns for expansions. But I think this sort of event can be good for shaking things up and a change from the tedious grind of levelling buildings to level 6 and frustrating random drops. Perhaps longer craft and collection times but with fewer components required, may be a way forward for future events.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDeeBird70 View Post
    Question: Does Sherman stop dropping flowers after Eoin has been summoned? Probably yes. I do want to have one as a souvenir. I usually try to get at least one of every item in each event but I did choose to skip the marble aquarium and underwater plant this time. I love the artwork in all the various event items and these were exceptional. I did do a number of boosts, obviously more than needed since I’m almost finished. I now need to replenish the runes so I have been doing elven trades again after ignoring them for a while. The last one took quite a few blue petals so I went scrolling through my extensive inventory looking for some blue penstemon shrubs. Yes, S8, a better way to sort out the storage would be appreciated. While I could have chosen to look under just the decorations and not having anything else to do, I chose to scroll the ALL. A nice walk down memory lane. Found the shrubs several hundred pages in so I didn’t go all the way to the end of almost 700 pages representing almost 7 years of playing and maybe 5 years of collecting.

The intensive back to back events must be daunting to newer players who are also struggling to complete the many long term goals that are part of the main storyline. My goal book has just building upgrades and the spooky skin for the keep I don’t want. I have chosen to skip a few events where the “rewards” did not fit with the aesthetics of my realm. Based on the initial pop up screen of the shark family, I was prepared to skip this one. And then I saw the merman. He is perfect to go with the 3 mermaids I have in their area. I do like to arrange things in themed areas. For those wanting a break, be careful what you wish for. I remember in the early days when we would be waiting to see if there would be an update when Thursday rolled around. Disappointment when there was nothing. Just tending to regular stuff, farming, crafting, sending the knights on adventures, etc. Even no new expansions available. Now we have years worth of plots to open.

And we also have this awesome Forum and all you wonderful posters that put Castle Story head and shoulders above other games. A huge THANK YOU to all. And of course special appreciation for the beautifully organized Page 1 with all the detailed information. Not forgetting to mention the HUB and the hours needed to produce this valuable resource. For Wishtheywerereal and others that are limited by real life responsibilities, I understand your frustrations. For many of us that can access CS 24/7, it allows us to find a bit of escape from the circumstances of a limited lifestyle. I don’t think you would want to trade places.
    No, my Sherman still drops those flowers, and I have Eoin.

Executive Chef
    Second collection from Eoin was 4 energy and 215 coins. It's not nothing, but it's not much of anything!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiel0918 View Post
    No, my Sherman still drops those flowers, and I have Eoin.
    Thanks, then I can go ahead a summon him.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by wishtheywerereal View Post
    Expand, and do unofficial goals? I am doing my best to fill up on earthen beams and blocks at the mo. And expansion - and getting ready for next expansion sale in a few months - hard work, but a lot more fun for me. 50 trade tickets and 6 gold permits in reserve before I will give myself permission to expand again.

Unofficial goal guide: https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/Castle...icialGoals.pdf. There is a thread here on the forum somewhere but I lost it in a haystack.

Stay w events long enough to get some uber cool deco then duck out? (SO hard not to complete once started.)

Or: read more books, spend more time with loved ones and exercise more? ; )
    Those last two sentences though

I really would love to have more main storyline goals, really. Really really.

Thanks for that that heads up Destiel0918. It's good to know, even though after I **** the remaining 14 sharks lurking around my kingdom I can't see myself ****ing another 55 much less 110.

So, after making 2nd Daddy Shark, you are actually allowed to place it? That seemed to be an issue in other events.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDeeBird70 View Post
    (snip).....I love the artwork in all the various event items and these were exceptional. I did do a number of boosts, obviously more than needed since I’m almost finished. I now need to replenish the runes so I have been doing elven trades again after ignoring them for a while. The last one took quite a few blue petals so I went scrolling through my extensive inventory looking for some blue penstemon shrubs. Yes, S8, a better way to sort out the storage would be appreciated. While I could have chosen to look under just the decorations and not having anything else to do, I chose to scroll the ALL. A nice walk down memory lane. Found the shrubs several hundred pages in so I didn’t go all the way to the end of almost 700 pages representing almost 7 years of playing and maybe 5 years of collecting.
    I've developed a work around for slogging through all the pages of inventory, when I don't have the time or desire to stroll down memory lane. Lol
    I keep one of each flower, and each type of mushroom, or animal, on the board. When I need to place them for an event or trade, I pop that one into storage. This way the one I need is brought to the first page of inventory. Same with the walls and paths I prefer to use. They get buried again quickly enough.
    It's annoying, but it helps since S8 continues to turn a deaf ear to our pleas for inventory organization.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On topic: I'm still plodding along on part 10. I need to make 24 more omnivorous fish, then craft the aquariums, then the plants. Sigh.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    I've developed a work around for slogging through all the pages of inventory, when I don't have the time or desire to stroll down memory lane. Lol
    I keep one of each flower, and each type of mushroom, or animal, on the board. When I need to place them for an event or trade, I pop that one into storage. This way the one I need is brought to the first page of inventory. Same with the walls and paths I prefer to use. They get buried again quickly enough.
    It's annoying, but it helps since S8 continues to turn a deaf ear to our pleas for inventory organization.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On topic: I'm still plodding along on part 10. I need to make 24 more omnivorous fish, then craft the aquariums, then the plants. Sigh.
    Thanks for the good tip.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Those last two sentences though

I really would love to have more main storyline goals, really. Really really.

Thanks for that that heads up Destiel0918. It's good to know, even though after I **** the remaining 14 sharks lurking around my kingdom I can't see myself ****ing another 55 much less 110.

So, after making 2nd Daddy Shark, you are actually allowed to place it? That seemed to be an issue in other events.
    Yeah, I have placed two Daddy sharks in my Kingdom. Craft for 3rd is still open, but I am not trying to make 3rd one. But there is no sign that there is cap on the Daddy sharks...so when craft is open - go ahead.