Page 41 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 9/12: Unfamiliar Waters event | * event info on page 1 *

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by farmerted7 View Post
    I just did some math to figure out what's left for me to do in this event and it turns out I need 72 hrs of crafting time per workshop, about 10 hrs per day (without boosting). I'm level 50, a bit into goal 10 right now.

I think there are some great improvements here about this type of event:
    the 10 flowers that reliably drop the base ingredient (unlike the 5 fawns or 7 robots in prior events),
    the use of existing buildings to craft items,
    and we can use boosts to help move things along (so gemming isn't our only option).

However, I feel we are forced to boost (if we can) or gem in order to finish on time if we started late and/or can't log in every two hours. And then there's Meghana... I wish she had a chance to drop other event items instead of just the flowers that we need towards the end. That would have made for a more appealing purchase. Is she Sherman's mom? Does she get the necklace? Also, do we know yet if Meghana will have drops after the event? So many questions about Meghana...
    Yes, Meghana is Shermans mom. It said so in their conversation between quests. Hmm, I have Meghana in my kingdom - and no - she does not wear the kelp necklace I crafted.

I really hope they will give Meghana some good drops after this event, since currently she is just a gemhole.

Executive Chef
    Just finished summoning Eoin, and I must say, the graphics on him are stunning. Even if his drops are bad, he is an outstanding addition to our realms. Overall the graphics in this whole event were excellent. This was an event involving many elements and was very time intensive. I didn't like that a goal was changed in the middle of Goal 10, but in the end it didn't make much of a difference. I didn't use any boosts but was greatly helped by the Mysterious Aquarium. Best of luck to all.

Executive Chef
    Same. In some ways I liked the event, it was different. Disappointed that Meghana was just gem item, and it was impossible to get her from filling all goals - also currently her drops are useless ( hopefully this changes after the event).
    Kelp dropping another items - like mushrooms - this was awesome! Also no hoples adventures to make - my gold nuggets really need to restore from past few events!. And wayward fish drops were much better than few past events - robot birds etc, which had terrible drop rate.

But god, this was energy drainer! So much work and crafting.

But those who are now on goals 9-10....those are last hard ones. And you have like 1 week left to do those.

I also would have loved if we could have built giant animated Aquarium in the end from those items. ( Which would drop awesome stuff).

Quote Originally Posted by WittyWitch View Post
    So what are the odds they pull a reverse Monalise and Eoin drops 40 energy daily after the event?

Edit add: I hate not finishing anything but I’m debating quitting now out of sheer rebellion of these crazy goals.
    A reverse Monalise is my new name for when I say I?m going to play an event casually but then expend huge amounts of time and energy.

Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    Thanks Spiritwind for getting the goals updated! You're the best.

So if my math is correct for level 10+

16 each of the omnivorous and carnivorous fish
    64 shark teeth for the marble aquariums
    4 shark teeth for eoin.

Thanks everyone.
    Goal 10:
    * Build Wood Aquariums 0/4 | Potion Shop, 30 minutes - 5 water, 1 wayward fish, 4 kelp tendril
    * Gather sea flowers 0/3 | drops from Sherman and Meghana (1 ea per collection)
    * Build Marble Aquariums 0/4
    * Grow Underwater Plants 0/4 | Workshop, 1 hour - 4 wood aquariums, 3 sea flowers, 4 marble aquariums
    Rewards: 100 coin, 10 xp
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, and I hope I'm wrong, but we have to make 16 wood aquariums AND 16 marble aquariums to make the 4 underwater plants. That means 32 each of the omnivorous and carnivorous fish. PLUS the 68 shark teeth (4 each marble aquarium plus 4 for Eoin) PLUS 16 sea flowers (3 for each plant plus 4 for Eoin)

I've been silent for this one, plodding along and slowly completing tasks. But this is in no way my idea of fun. It is repetitive, boring, and ridiculous. There is no logic to the areas we are crafting the items we are making, as Lorrainne pointed out several posts back. Additionally, the lack of logic in the materials required to craft the items required. 8 aquariums and 3 flowers to craft a plant!. Seriously? What about seeds? What about the conservatories and greenhouses? Soooo, soooo many missed opportunities to incorporate items we already have, and buildings we already have, and to make it interesting instead of dull, repetitive and redundant. I will complete it, only because I'm too far in to stop now and end up with so many useless resources left over. I admit to using 4 gems to speed up crafts and Sherman the least few minutes before going to sleep. But that's it. And I've stopped using the fast worker boosts, since I'm waiting for wayward fish anyway. Yawn. I suppose the goal was to make it last the entire two weeks. Great, good job on that part. But it would have been a lot more fun two weeks if we could do something besides crafting hundreds of Omni- and carnivorous fish and gobs of aquariums.

Ps. Forgot to add, I did not purchase the extra workshop....I made that mistake a few years ago and am now the not-so-proud owner of a useless egg forge. I don't have enough wayward fish to run three workshops anyway. Shrugs. Also...my poor Sherman shall also remain motherless I'm afraid. I'll just collect sea flowers while waiting for the fish to craft.
    Last edited by PrincessCupOButter; 09-18-19 at 02:22 PM.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    I read the drops and laughed because I'm still on goal 7. Lol. Good grief but 5 energy seems so insignificant in the face of this event. If it had been another event I'm sure we'd all be elated at 5 energy. But this one is not only energy intensive it is also time intensive. I'm still moseying along. Wherever I get in these goals is wherever I will be.

Thanks to all of you who have forged ahead whether by gems or by checking in every two hours or so. I hope for your sake the drops after the event will be phenomenal!
    Still on goal 7 too. I crafted my first column in kingdom #2, still making the 3rd aquarium for the first column in kingdom #1. I don't see a merman in my future...No gems, not spending money, not enough time.

Thanks Bfstone, for changing the tune in my head Wish you were here... (I love Pink Floyd)
    Storm8 ID Andro45, CS - Hidden valley, DS - K's isle
    Storm8 ID #2 Kimmykatje, CS - Kittyland, DS - Dragowomil

Rhino Keeper
    I love love that the kelp dropped glimmer dust, red/purple petals and mushrooms - esp because I got the wedding carriage quest during those events and need those items for The shop trade! I wish we could keep the kelp in the market!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Andro45 View Post
    Thanks Bfstone, for changing the tune in my head Wish you were here... (I love Pink Floyd)
    You?re welcome! It has been stuck in my head for days!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ham2905 View Post
    I love love that the kelp dropped glimmer dust, red/purple petals and mushrooms - esp because I got the wedding carriage quest during those events and need those items for The shop trade! I wish we could keep the kelp in the market!
    I agree. As awful as the rest of this event is, it's nice that the kelp drops so many basic items.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ham2905 View Post
    Buy a bunch extra before the event ends.......I am considering it!
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx