Page 24 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 9/12: Unfamiliar Waters event | * event info on page 1 *

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ham2905 View Post
    They count towards them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stymie52 View Post
    I think it's 12 Marble Aquariums. The 4 Marble Aquariums from number 3 count toward number 4. But if I keep rereading it, then we need 8 more Marble Aquariums because we need 3 Underwater Plants. I must be confused because 12 is outrageous!
    Sorry for any confusion. In goal 10 you have to create a total of 12 brand new Marble Aquariums ( for level 39 players-maybe more of your the high level).

I'm currently crafting #7 and #8. So I should be done with this goal in about 12 hours and I'll let you know about goal 11.

Fashion Designer
    Sorry for any confusion. In goal 10 you have to create a total of 12 brand new Marble Aquariums ( for level 39 players-maybe more of your the high level).

I'm currently crafting #7 and #8. So I should be done with this goal in about 12 hours and I'll let you know about goal 11.
    Yes you are very unfortunately correct!! The tears are falling this is seriously a bit too much!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by wishtheywerereal View Post
    You know how extremely traumatic events can be bathed in brain fog, fuzz, and inaccurate recall due to dissociation during said horror? Well, I must have been traumatised by the notion of 72 shark teeth for a level further than what has been posted on page 1. I don't remember officer, please don't ask me more questions. : )

I beg you to disconfirm, tell us it was in error, everything is already included in page 1? Please? If it isn't true and I beg, could I make it true? : ) ...snip...
    I think I've fully disassociated from the event as a whole! Normally, I play hard and use lots of energy to get through an event within the first week so I have the second half of the event to relax and get back to my personal realm goals. For this one, though, I've found myself just sort of floating along and not really paying much attention or having the focus to finish quickly.

Normally, I try to make an extra of each crafting item but it hadn't occurred to me this time until I saw the Pool Pond disappeared from the craft list. Even then, I just noticed and thought, "Oh well, I sure missed that chance." Looking through the thread I decided I didn't actually like or want any of the items enough to put in the effort of getting extras. Not sure why I've lost interest in this one specifically when I like the art and story just fine but I did all the same. Now I just hope my complacency is not a permanent issue; I'm finding I sort of miss having that drive to finish this quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Meeren64 View Post
    Well in Australia their 7.99..and I think our timer goes slower. Lol..
    It's my understanding that the different pricing for in app purchases isn't altered by s8 themselves, it's altered by the app stores in your specific countries. If you do some digging you'll find it's not just happening in s8 games but all games that offer in app purchases; you'll also see how the app stores can get away with this. It's an interesting subject to read about, if nothing else, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by wishtheywerereal View Post
    Some scary math:
    As per info on page 1, just talking about crafting time for *components* of event necessities/final goal crafts of underwater plant and aquarium terrarium...

Total omnivorous fishies (or ominivorous fish), 36, 1 hr each, 36 hrs of crafting.
    Total carnivorous fishies, same 36, at two hours each, 72 hours of crafting.
    Total marble aquariums, 18, at four hours each, another 72 hours of crafting.

That adds up to 180 hours of crafting 90 items.

With just over 9 days of the event left, that is 20 items per day, just for components. With two workshops, that is 10 visits per day. Just for component crafting.

Remember I do love this game, so keep this in mind when I say that even I think this is really more than a bit much. Which is way a polite English manner of conveying, 'Excuse me sir, may we please have some less?' Yes, 'Excuse me, sir, may we please have some less?'

And I would trust that the S8 people will not react as Mr Bumble of the Oliver Twist orphanage, as (wait for the drama), "...tears were not the things to find their way to Mr Bumble's soul; his heart was waterproof."
    My hope is some character will pop up with a gift of 8 or 10 (or more??) of the prepared omnivorous or carnivorous fish at least. Preferably more for those of us that are having boosting issues.

My boost isn't working again. My carnivorous fish isn't going in half the time. This is extremely frustrating. I'm sure I'm not the only one who can play in just a couple chunks a day and crafting 6 hours worth of materials in the 3 hour boosted time is critical to winning.

The last two events I played I spent 20-30 gems each speeding up things that were close but I will not spend any gems to speed something broken that is supposed to be done.

Rhino Keeper
    Wishtheywerereal: if I ever see another invite where you can purchase an additional crafting house I'm going to remember this post and may decide to pass on the event!

Don't forget the additional hours crafting the columns, ponds, terraquariums, wooden aquarium ( potion shop), and the underwater plants....that's st least another 15 hours!

New Resident
    This event is impossible even for most advanced players. Goal 10 completion will take most players with just few days left to complete Goals 11-14, which aren?t going to get any less intensive than previous goals. This is practically impossible.

PS: I have been playing faithfully for years without ever complaining. I think it?s time to move on. It?s plain ridiculous to expect people to enjoy when something is this impossible.

Executive Chef
    i'm still on goal 7. i meant to set two aquariums in the workshop last night before i fell asleep. but Mr Sandman came early and i didn't get a chance. so onto working away on it today. i haven't posted much because i am no help to anyone. and my cat listens to me complain enough.
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Executive Chef
    I’ve a large store of energy so not limited by this. Boosts are working for me and I use them a couple of times a day. I’ve taken early retirement last year so am able to play off and on in a daily span of 16 hours. However at level 50, I am still at goal 9, only made 4 aquariums, still crafting the last few fish to make the last 4 aquariums before I can craft the 2 terrariums so it won’t be till tomorrow morning GMT before I get to goal 10. Goal 9 has taken 2.5 days with boosts, I can only imagine goal 10 will take about 4 days for level 50 players. Goals 11-13 better not be as tedious and time consuming or most players will not finish.
    Last edited by zoroak; 09-16-19 at 06:53 AM.

Nightclub Owner
    I meant the ones you build in step 3 of goal 10 count. The ones you built in step 7 don't.

Oh. 👀
    😮

Rhino Keeper
    Interestingly, energy is not my bottleneck this event. The crafting takes so long, I always have more than enough resources chopped and ready to go. This includes the wayward fish. The shark teeth, while energy intensive, are also not difficult to get quickly enough since sharks seem to spark quite regularly while chopping kelps and stones. (I'm not much interested in crafting a pond disguised as an oversized shark, so I don't need those extra 55 teeth.)

I can't / won't use a lot of boosts for the workshop, so we'll see if I'll have enough time to craft everything I need. This will definitely be the sticking point for me in whether I'm able to finish this event or not.