Page 26 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 9/12: Unfamiliar Waters event | * event info on page 1 *

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ham2905 View Post
    I was level 39 (flipped to 40 during this event) and I have the same requirements as the higher level. I'd thought they'd be a little lower.
    This event is hard for most level 50 players. I think that if goals 11-13 are as difficult - most will not finish.

This mermaid better drop somehting GOOD. As in decent amount of energy!

Rhino Keeper
    I read so much in this thread about players using boost. What’s that? Where do they come from?
    I’m level 33.
    Kingdom: Peroldrado
    (Gem confirmation button please)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiel0918 View Post
    Goal 10 is brutal. I dread goals 11-13 much more now.

Attachment 53041Attachment 53042

It should say 3 flowers ( I currently have 5), but someone else posted it needs 3. Never-mind it: to complete all the goals -you need at least 9 flowers during 10th goal.

Total for Goal 10:

12 Marble Aquariums. ( For which you need 24 Carnivorous and 24 omnivorous fish) (Total 96 Wayward fish on Marble Aquariums alone). You also need 48 Shark tooth for all 12.
    9 flowers ( shark has 8 hour timer..so it may take a while).
    12 Wood Aquariums - ( total for all 12->) you need another 12 wayward fish for all of them + 48 kelp + 60 water.

( I'm on level 50).
    Thanks for posting lvl 50 requirements. Boosted a couple of hours ago so I should finish goal 9 tonight (GMT). Goal 10 is definitely brutal.

My suggestion, S8, is that you should have events that in order to complete need 1 of the following, not all 3!

a) have high energy requirements (getting the pet warrior shark plus chopping kelp and rocks for craft components and slaying sharks for teeth)
    b) short craft times/collection times for craft components (high maintenance)
    c) long quests/goals due to high numbers of crafts required (I usually finish 2 week events by the following Tues or Wed latest with no boosts, no chance till at least later this weekend with this one even boosting once or twice daily)

The only good thing with this event is no random drops (so far... fingers crossed), which is fab! Thumbs up for that.
    Last edited by zoroak; 09-16-19 at 09:16 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Peroldrado View Post
    I read so much in this thread about players using boost. What’s that? Where do they come from?
    I’m level 33.
    We are talking about The Elven Outpost. It is available from level 30 and above. To get this you have to expand to this building: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elven Outpost.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	53049

Once you unlock the crafts you get to start trading with elves. Basically elves asks you for 6 random items. You have 18 hours to fill their request. If you don't there is 4 hour break and next trade becomes available. For each completed trade you get bronze ( very common); sometimes few silver ( super rare)...or ultra rarely gold runes. From those you can then buy different boosts. One of those is boosts which speeds up all your workshop crafts for 3 hours - so it works twice as fast. You can also buy different items on rune market.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...s-How-it-works

Note: Sometimes elves are very greedy and ask for very rare and hard to get items: Like they sometimes ask you 60 gold nuggets, 50 Mithril, 5 Sweet Feasts; 45 Adamant etc....- Keep in mind that those extremely expensive trades WILL NOT give you better runes in return. Chances are the same with even most simple trades, which ask for normal and easy to get items. So do not hope that filling such terrible trades will get you more silver or gold runes. Mostly you still end up with 8 bronze runes, and just lost all your hard to get items. So skip the ones which require items you are not willing to spare.
    Last edited by Destiel0918; 09-16-19 at 09:16 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiel0918 View Post
    We are talking about The Elven Outpost. It is available from level 30 and above. To get this you have to expand to this building: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elven Outpost.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	53049

Once you unlock the crafts you get to start trading with elves. Basically elves asks you for 6 random items. You have 18 hours to fill their request. If you don't there is 4 hour break and next trade becomes available. For each completed trade you get bronze ( very common); sometimes few silver ( super rare)...or ultra rarely gold runes. From those you can then buy different boosts. One of those is boosts which speeds up all your workshop crafts for 3 hours - so it works twice as fast. You can also buy different items on rune market.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...s-How-it-works

Note: Sometimes elves are very greedy and ask for very rare and hard to get items: Like they sometimes ask you 60 gold nuggets, 50 Mithril, 5 Sweet Feasts; 45 Adamant etc....- Keep in mind that those extremely expensive trades WILL NOT give you better runes in return. Chances are the same with even most simple trades, which ask for normal and easy to get items. So do not hope that filling such terrible trades will get you more silver or gold runes. Mostly you still end up with 8 bronze runes, and just lost all your hard to get items. So skip the ones which require items you are not willing to spare.
    Thank you. But the boosts are made in the apothecary. I don?t have that yet.
    But good to know for future events.
    Kingdom: Peroldrado
    (Gem confirmation button please)

Executive Chef
    Should open up once you expand there. Before that you will have no use for apothecary anyway.

Farm Supplier
    Since I am STILL ON GOAL SEVEN, at this point I?m just going for that baby shark prize for completing goal seven and then leaking to the press that I?ve been taking steroids throughout the competition so someone will force me to drop out.

I really want to win this for USA but I think my technical scores are too low to qualify for the semi-finals. At least when I get done with this goal, I can go back to playing all the other awesome in-game goals that I happen to enjoy very much. I feel bad complaining when I know a lot of work goes into creating these events but this is like asking a toddler to build a robot. You are asking way too much of that baby.
    Realm name: Pippo
    If you maintain one heart as a friend, I will visit you daily! If your hearts are empty, so is mine, and then after a week of mourning your emptiness passes, I will delete you. No need for wall posts.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by wishtheywerereal View Post
    *snip* without boosts and gems, no way would I finish. *snip*

*snip* speeding up the crafts is half price on a boost so I collected a couple dozen flowers and gemmed my way through all of them and crafting more marble aquariums now with the rest of the boost. This game is meant to be a private adjunct to my lovely family life, not a thief of it.*snip*
    See, now you're thinking the way S8 wants us to think.

I have lots & lots of stored energy but the fact I'm constantly crafting carnivorous & omnivorous fish (in a workshop no less) over & over & over again. Who at S8 thought this would be fun?

And, really, wouldn't we actually be fishing for these fish? I don't get a workshop be able to 'make' fish. I doesn't say anything about a container, it says fish! What did we make those 2 tide pool ponds for....those would've been perfect for collecting the fish. We could've built a glassblowers workshop to make the containers & glass aquariums & finished making the wood stand in the workshop. This whole goal is way off the mark!

Agree with Wittywich, bobbyrae, & Destiel098 that with this much effort, time, etc, that Merman better be a daily (even weekly) 40 energy dropper cuz, otherwise it isn't worth going forward, IMO..
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

One thing I do like about this event is that you at least get things along the way. I LOVE the tide pools and like the columns. The decorations along the way are what keep me going. You don?t always get that in an event. I hope to get the mermaid but I won?t feel like my life was wasted if I don?t get him. I love plain decorations which I know some people don?t care about.