Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Codex Dragons Marked "Breedable"

Nightclub Owner

Codex Dragons Marked "Breedable"

Some of the dragons in the codex are marked "Breedable" (top right hand corner) even though they are expired in the Market and have no essence count on their info card. Can someone explain what this means

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2969.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	52796
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

The Honorable Panda
    Checking on this.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Executive Chef
    Yes, I would like clarity, too. Or more like I want S8 to be aware of this issue. I think that dragons that are available for breeding at certain times, like Zodiac dragongs, are all marked breedable, so it would be nice if S8 could update them when they are no longer breedable. However, I imagine that would involve going in and changing dragons one by one. I assume that it can't be crafted is why there is no Essence count. It seems to be that all dragons should be craftable with Essence, save for maybe the resource producing ones. Wouldn't it be cool if there were an Essence collecting dragon that we could craft with Essence? LOL!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    Checking on this.
    Thanks kooky; I know of at least one other dragon this happens on - Polaris.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    Yes, I would like clarity, too. Or more like I want S8 to be aware of this issue. I think that dragons that are available for breeding at certain times, like Zodiac dragongs, are all marked breedable, so it would be nice if S8 could update them when they are no longer breedable. However, I imagine that would involve going in and changing dragons one by one. I assume that it can't be crafted is why there is no Essence count. It seems to be that all dragons should be craftable with Essence, save for maybe the resource producing ones. Wouldn't it be cool if there were an Essence collecting dragon that we could craft with Essence? LOL!
    Yes, you're correct.

Here's the rule: Dragons are only breedable if they are in the market, unless their description says it's not breedable. Ignore the Codex, go by the Market.

It's #complicated, but if you're interested in the very basic level of it: Each Dragon has manually set data and the Market is the "on" switch that says 'look at it'. When the market 'looks' and sees 'breedable', then you can breed it. When it 'looks' and sees unbreedable, in the case of the Treasure Dragon it says 'no breed'. If it's not in the Market, it's not looking so you can't breed it.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    Yes, you're correct.

Here's the rule: Dragons are only breedable if they are in the market, unless their description says it's not breedable. Ignore the Codex, go by the Market.

It's #complicated, but if you're interested in the very basic level of it: Each Dragon has manually set data and the Market is the "on" switch that says 'look at it'. When the market 'looks' and sees 'breedable', then you can breed it. When it 'looks' and sees unbreedable, in the case of the Treasure Dragon it says 'no breed'. If it's not in the Market, it's not looking so you can't breed it.
    Thank you for taking the time to share that insight on the process Elsa. Not to press our luck, but would you be able to tell us why some dragons are randomly not able to be crafted with Essence? The resource dragons I completely understand, but others like Neo Aries, Polaris, Breakup, etc. don't seem to have any rhyme or reason to their availability.

Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to share that insight on the process Elsa. Not to press our luck, but would you be able to tell us why some dragons are randomly not able to be crafted with Essence? The resource dragons I completely understand, but others like Neo Aries, Polaris, Breakup, etc. don't seem to have any rhyme or reason to their availability.
    If they can't be crafted, there's usually a reason. Neo Aries and Polaris were limited time releases and Breakup was a spin to win reward. So at the time, they didn't qualify and it's possible we didn't go back and edit or there's plans for it in the future etc. It's not exactly random, but sure in some cases there's probably a few old ones that we should update. I'll check into it.

Banned
    Elsa, can you also check into why there's no Dark types in the codex? I would love to craft Dark Dragon on my other account. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by skyharbor602 View Post
    Elsa, can you also check into why there's no Dark types in the codex? I would love to craft Dark Dragon on my other account. Thanks!
    Almost all Dark type are from event rewards or event crafts. There's maybe one or two that were limited release. We rotate Dragons through the game over time so it's possible that you'll see them again in some form.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    Almost all Dark type are from event rewards or event crafts. There's maybe one or two that were limited release. We rotate Dragons through the game over time so it's possible that you'll see them again in some form.
    Cool. Thank you Elsa!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast