Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 8/29: The Fast and the Fluttering | event info on page 1

Fashion Designer
    Fellow CS addicts:

The CS forum is a valued place to share event learnings, a place to vent in a positive manner, a space for community.

Lets hold each other accountable for our typed words.

There are talented real people behind Caste Story.
    Queendom Name - Hyrule

Fashion Designer
    The Butterfly Catcher. He has a hat and a cute outfit and he swats so adorably!
    Please s8 offer him up for some gems, he would be so perfect in my queendom!
    Queendom Name - Hyrule

Thank you

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by venatemp View Post
    Lets hold each other accountable for our typed words.
    No. Let's not. We all play this game and love/loathe CS. The talented people read our posts to improve the game. And they are talented enough not to take our posts emotionally. And I [B]always[B] feel loved here. This is the best place for positivity and the occasional sarcasm or even to share our unhappiness with the game. As my mother always said, "It's all good. Spit out what tastes bad to you, but leave your sister to eat what she likes and love her anyway. She's your sister."

On another note, Willow trees drop lots of green butterflies.

Quote Originally Posted by queens_ransom View Post
    I don't know, we might be seeing things here. If it only depended on trying hard enough, none of us would complain, yet the baron complains about even having to work hard. So obviously that dialogue has nothing to do with us - at least that's what I tell myself, lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dqueenie View Post
    No. Let's not. We all play this game and love/loathe CS. The talented people read our posts to improve the game. And they are talented enough not to take our posts emotionally. And I [B]always[B] feel loved here. This is the best place for positivity and the occasional sarcasm or even to share our unhappiness with the game. As my mother always said, "It's all good. Spit out what tastes bad to you, but leave your sister to eat what she likes and love her anyway. She's your sister."

The dialog was actually based off of another game that a few of us have been obsessively playing lately! Some of you may be playing this game as well. We would never write the dialog to make fun of you all!
    Storm8 Staff - PikaSquirrel
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

Rhino Keeper
    Some thoughts...
    1. Since this is a rerun of ?Hot Off the Presses?, my expectations are the same. I completed that one fairly easily, I can complete this one fairly easily. I like my final prizes from that event, I will most likely feel the same about what I end up with from this one. I never did get the bloodhound from the adventure, I don?t expect to get Seyndia, but I will try.
    2. I don?t mind paying RL money (within reason) for entertainment that is of value to me. We have been asking for years for additional story lines. The developers came through and provided some good ones. Developers have to eat, too, and if we want continued development of story lines, some of us who can should ?pony-up? and contribute financially. I have a specific amount that I budget weekly.
    3. It is never acceptable to take a dig at customers, whether intentionally or accidentally

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    The dialog was actually based off of another game that a few of us have been obsessively playing lately! Some of you may be playing this game as well. We would never write the dialog to make fun of you all!
    Thanks for that clarification, Pika!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by wishtheywerereal View Post
    Thanks for sharing! Another LOL!

Re: CS think piece - I just got out of a strategy mtg, Re: a charity I co-run that is still finding its legs. Funnily enough, we were talking today about ways we do things that we are still doing as if we are still operating out of X's home office. Organisational tradition has a lot to answer for! ...And what really works and what doesn't. I suspect S8 is so crushed w deadlines and thinking to the next thing they don't take enough time to think through larger strategies on many levels. They are a heck of a lot more profitable that our under ?100k a year turnover charity, it it seems that when reasonable reasons don't fit, it makes sense to look for innocently stupid ones. : D

Yup, love the chance to get another faerie and that so-cute butterfly. Nope, can't think of a good reason to keep the chests. I appreciate the neighbour (un)reliability thing is gone, but to transfer that to energy expenditure seems kinda strategically dumb (what are they trying to achieve with it and how are they including unintentional consequences in their debriefs on strategy?) without thinking it through enough. : )

Edit add: I figure it costs me about 80 energy a day for the one chest for the monster fighting. Although I can get it through regular play if I spread out spring bloom chopping, I have found that front loading the adventures settles the matter of the top prize critter early on (haven't gotten one yet, better to crush my hopes and dreams up front so I can focus on positives rather than a what if) : ) and any bottleneck items can be quickly used. I have already chopped all the spring blooms I need, have enough blue butterflies, have collected enough for 7 adventures, and that's my lot. 80 a day extra for chests is not trivial for me and it doesn't fit w my other overall strategies. I have a few alternatives in mind, e.g. only do farmhouses and cows in my evening that will keep it down, but still, not ideal. : )
    I 100% laughed out loud to that, not just the casual nose exhale laugh, but actual laughing at that. So relatable. XD

I honestly can't say enough times how I appreciate this community and the resources it provides. If I have a question or want to know what's going on for an event or a past item spawn, etc. I know this forum has it. Even if I don't say it every event, we all appreciate those who do gem ahead (and enjoy the game that way) and take the time to chart out quests and calculate energy expenditures, etc.

We grumble because that's what people do but we also super, incredibly appreciate the community that provides a sounding board for us to grumble. To grumble but also to help each other out.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Dqueenie View Post

I LOVE this post!

Rhino Keeper
    S8 just gave us a Sweet Kitsunecorn! I'm happy!