Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 8/29: The Fast and the Fluttering | event info on page 1

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry9877 View Post
    I am sorry if this was answered previously. . . Is the only way to get yellow butterflies is from Ivy?s hut? Meaning twice a day? I am confused, behind,do not know the difference between yellow butterflies and grand butterflies how can I reach at least 500+ of yellow and/or grand butterflies my brain hurts and we need a quest for a brewmaster who can brew me some mead. Hmmmmm I have been away for a bit do we have an apiary for some bees yet?
    The Yellow Butterfly from Ivy's Hut and the Event Adventure is a material that you'll see in your inventory and is used to craft Bottled Fwipplebees which are then used to upgrade the Butterfly Grove. If you look at Post #5 Shibuya has posted a chart that shows players need to collect and use a total of 22 Yellow Butterflies to fully upgrade the Grove and complete the goal chain.

The Grand Butterfly is what you're collecting to win the individual and community prizes - you won't see these in your inventory, only on the event counter. We collect these Grand Butterflies from the Butterfly Grove (the higher you level up the building, the more GBs it drops), from the daily side goal chests, crafted in the Atrium and from fighting Butterfly Catchers. To collect all of the individual prizes, players will need to collect a minimum of 1,000 Grand Butterflies which sounds like a lot but is usually doable so long as you fully level up the Grove.

Rhino Keeper
    Do trade tickets max out at 99? Would rather keep generating tickets than stop to make expansion permits.
    Last edited by perry5; 09-01-19 at 03:03 PM.
    Duchess of Hooville 🔘❎🔷❎{🐗}=============>
    ⚔️⚔Proud Member (#30) of The Thuakie Sword Society⚔⚔️
    and Keeper of the Thuakie Dagger ⛔️❌{🐍}[#######>

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ki250 View Post
    I need 12 more purple butterflies and I have been getting 0-1 from my sparkling mines. I have received about three yellow butterflies from the adventure but no faerie. I have enough of the blue, red, orange and green. I just sent out another adventure I think this will be my last one.
    PLENTY of time, honest. The stable CAN have dry spells, but no one has ever posted they couldn't do an event because of lack of stable drops. I was concerned a few times, but repeated experience has allayed my concerns. I ALWAYS finish w Ivy bottlenecks. I love the Ivy events because they are stress free, even with unreliable stable drops. Hope this helps. : )
    Nymeria is kingdom name, WishTheyWereReal, esp the unicorns! Huge thanks to people who contribute to the forum.

I'm trying to hurry up producing wisp lanterns to get the last of my reduced price expansions. When I used a work fast boost I was delighted to discover that not only was the time halved but also the gems required to finish was halved. Yay!

15 gems are required for each missing wisp lantern for the expansion. Each lantern takes 4 hours in the workshop (with a gemming cost of 16 gems.) But when you choose to make one in a workshop with the work fast boost it takes only 8 gems to get one immediately. I think I can make all I need without gems, but it's nice to know that as long as I have enough earth wisps to make the lanterns there's an easier way to get what I need.

Executive Chef
    For players who are able to do the discounted plots, remember you have to expand them fully. For instance if you just apply the lanterns to the plots and not tickets and such, the plots will revert back to the pre-discounted requirements. I hope I explained that ok.

Good point, Riverly, so that is why I keep my expansion permits at a high number instead of cashing in quickly. However, each discounted expansion here takes so many wisp lanterns that even if you started with the max of 99 wisp lanterns, you're out of them for the fourth expansion.

Thanks storm8 for these discounted expansions! And thanks, too, for the double trade permits from the Royal exchange!

Executive Chef
    People - don''t forget flyger and direwolf cubs can drop Wisp lanterns as well as Wyrens. ( MEanwhile also work like crazy on workshop ofc)

Fashion Designer
    The case of the disappearing chests strikes again.

I completed all 3 daily quests but only 2 chests were in my inventory.

Is this happening to anyone else?

On a positive note, I received a yellow butterfly from my third adventure. Looks like I will be upgrading to level 4 by lunch tomorrow.

My sparkling mines are being stingy today also but (as mentioned) I am not too worried because we only need 22 butterflies from them.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by weebluemoth View Post
    I'm trying to hurry up producing wisp lanterns to get the last of my reduced price expansions. When I used a work fast boost I was delighted to discover that not only was the time halved but also the gems required to finish was halved. Yay!

15 gems are required for each missing wisp lantern for the expansion. Each lantern takes 4 hours in the workshop (with a gemming cost of 16 gems.) But when you choose to make one in a workshop with the work fast boost it takes only 8 gems to get one immediately. I think I can make all I need without gems, but it's nice to know that as long as I have enough earth wisps to make the lanterns there's an easier way to get what I need.
    It really is, thank you for posting this. I figure if I splurge on workshop boosts I can make it, and gemming just one for each workshop right before bed in essence gives two more.

After struggling with the discounted set for last time (and not making it) I was very strict and keeping 50 permits at minimum.

I have hardly made anything for the butterfly event today, as have been doing lanterns for expansion, and the Ivy bottleneck is perfect! Esp as I accidentally thought the discounted expansions needed enchanted lanterns and gold explorer permits, so I was crazy crafting those! D'oh! : ) Luckily, between the boosts and the drops of wisp lanterns and earth wisps, and the habit suggested here on the forum of stocking up like bonkers, it is do-able. I got ALL my baby flygers out for the wisps and occasional lantern drops too.

I copied this from inventory on the hub:

.Wisp lantern
    Crafted: workshop, tinkers camp, 4 hours - 3 earth wisps
    Found: sparkling mine, deep mine, adventures, Feed the Baron kitchen craft, Flyger, White Flyger, Armored flyger, Flyger cub, White flyger cub, direwolf, direwolf pup, Enfield Kit, Interpret the Wizard (mystic card), Plush Prince + Princess, Armored Wyvern, Wyvern Hatchling, Meadow wolf, Armored Lion, Lion, Royal Lion, Ornery Goat, L7 Fire Fly Cove, Ring Bearer Goat, Birthday Goat, Vampire bat, Pumpkin goat, Gingerman, Gingerman Stack, Fi-Fi, Shadow Kitsunecorn, Armored Black Bear, Paper Tiger, Salvatore, Royal Siren, Siren, Mantistorm cub, Mantistorm, Truffle, Fangbeast puppet, L6 Puppet Theatre, Maxotaur, Shadow Fangbeast, Shadow Skunkupine
    Uses: expanding

Happy expanding! : )

Edit add: sweet kitsunecorne also drops wisp lanterns and possibly earth wisps! Yay!

Second edit add: baby flygers generous w lanterns so was able to do a third discounted plot tonight. A fourth took the rest of my permits and is waiting on lanterns. Unlikely to make the fifth one unless I get super lucky w permit drops. Lesson number 1: 50 permits not enough for reserve when also including possible need to make explorers permits to access spaces! Maybe 80? : ) Lesson number 2: keep lanterns close to max. Lesson 3: Noting that pattern for discounted spaces is to use wisp lanterns and plain permits. Lesson 4: Don't rush around making gold explorer permits and fancy enchanted lanterns until the need for them is confirmed. D'oh! (Eye roll icon) : )
    Last edited by wishtheywerereal; 09-01-19 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Typos
    Nymeria is kingdom name, WishTheyWereReal, esp the unicorns! Huge thanks to people who contribute to the forum.

Rhino Keeper
    wishtheywerereal - thank you for the Wisp Lantern list, was just getting ready to go take a look and magically you read my mind
    Queendom Name - Hyrule

Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast