Thread: Game Overhaul

Cool Game Overhaul

Please move this to the proper place.

I believe after so many years it?s time for a game overhaul and a refresh if you want to keep players interested.

1. Start having habitats and other things available using COINS instead of gold.

2. Please put an alphabetical index guide in throughout the game so we don?t have to keep scrolling to find a certain dragon. And add all the dragon icons such as tropical icon so we can lessen our search for the dragon we are looking for.

3. Allow us to delete decorations and stuff we don?t want anymore to clear up space.

4. Give us a way to know for sure if anyone on our friends list is inactive so we can remove them.

5. If we don?t need the MAPS anymore for expansion then let us convert them so we can expand.

6. Maybe start the Arctic Isles up again so it?s more enjoyable.

7. Lower the wait times, 20 hours plus is a bit ridiculous when the events and bingo game overlap.

8. Give us more options to get gold beside always buying. We should not have to install other games just to get gold.

9. Bring back the spin wheel and put dragons and gold on it.

10. Try bringing some life back to this game instead of always bringing out new dragons and making us spend gold.

This was once a very enjoyable game but is becoming very boring lately with event after event and no room for the dragons. Games can?t always be about the greed and money making.

Very good points!

They'll need their development team to think up new events and overhaul DS' events framework, which is starting to get a little long in the tooth.

There are other ways of earning gold but I still prefer the old ways they had, especially sending our Fire Dragon out for "Coins or Gold". I have never understood their reasons for taking this out.

Any one of these ideas would be great to see put in place but the fact that even the regular events cant seem to go off without some issue leads me to believe the very minimum amount of work is being invested to keep this game being the money maker that it is. Trying to do any overhaul would mean possible down time and lots of additional work if anything I think they (the developers) think we should probably be happy with the new gold, marble keys and food dragon and thats enough work for them for the next few months at least they are at least great money makers unlike giving anyone free gold improvements

Rhino Keeper
    I would gladly endure a day or so of downtime if S8 wanted to roll out significant upgrades, new features, etc. Bring it in! What I hate to see is that the game stays as is, problems are not fixed and those players who can’t work around them gradually drift away.

There does not have to be any significant downtime. All development occurs in a separate environment, then, when everything is complete, they would just have to declare maintenance time for a couple of hours, (something that happens once every few months anyway), load up the new game engine and framework and voila, Bob’s your uncle.

Rhino Keeper
    With so many dragons now, why not actually use the name of the dragon as the name, not some meaningless one? It was fine at the beginning when there were not many dragons but now there are almost 2 thousand. I always have to manually change the name as close as possible with the limited number of spaces. This helps me identify the dragon. It would also be nice to put an extra space for the number of the duplicate dragon.

Farm Supplier
    Yes! It’s high time for some fresh input in this game! The events are so stale.
    Neighbors accepted in Dragon, Castle, Bakery and Restaurant. Gift and answer request daily, visit - not so much.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by LocalNews View Post
    With so many dragons now, why not actually use the name of the dragon as the name, not some meaningless one? It was fine at the beginning when there were not many dragons but now there are almost 2 thousand. I always have to manually change the name as close as possible with the limited number of spaces. This helps me identify the dragon. It would also be nice to put an extra space for the number of the duplicate dragon.
    I enjoy renaming my dragons. Sometimes they are the same type in a different language, sometimes they are something silly or entertaining to me. Some have the original automated name.

I do agree that there can be some overhauls. I agree to have an option for the people that don't need maps anymore. I just got 12 maps from Dragon Tales....what am I going to do with them? Meanwhile, cranking out marble keys as fast as I can.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kkdble49 View Post
    Yes! It’s high time for some fresh input in this game! The events are so stale.
    Stale & Tedious - Boring almost - I agree with comments above - particularly pod5124

Hey Team
    Let’s have a page where we can post suggested improvements and then perhaps we could vote 1-10
    Would be very interesting to see if we all have the same gripes. However I think at least two Lists needed based on player level - perhaps duplicate divisions used for Tales Events

My List
    Allow long-standing players option to trade island parts for marble keys - we have no room left on islands so receiving them as “awards” is so so frustrating. Same with the maps! OR if different levels are set different tasks why can’t higher levels receive keys not maps or island parts?
    Expand the Codex to include All Elements
    Add element selection facility to battle list
    Give us a habitat for Flower element
    Vary the events - I am so tired of the same pattern over and over again. And why do we have to have a whole month focused on one element when most of our habitats hold only 3 dragons
    Post the cost of upgrading habitats to hold 5 dragons somewhere in the Forum. Not much use telling us we can do it if we are not told the cost
    Give us another Craft option. What is the point of a promotion halving the time needed for crafting keys when the craft shop is clogged up with Event tasks.

I could go on but let’s wait and see if anyone is listening first.

Banned
    I would like to add to this. Can y'all please stop requiring commons to be bred for all events? Also, we need some commons retired and timers lowered on others. Here's a breakdown:

Retire:
    Luck Dragon
    Penumbra Dragon (not a common but acts like one)
    Lunar Ram (see Penumbra)
    Sunrise Dragon
    Charm Dragon
    Neo Bubble Dragon
    Pegasus Dragon
    Genie Dragon
    Gold Pheasant Dragon
    Titan Dragon
    Either Gloriosa or Firestorm (your choice)

Reduce Timer For:
    Island (from 20 hrs to 6 hrs)
    Night (from 23 hrs to 15 hrs)
    Elder (from 27 hrs to 17 hrs)
    Mist (from 14 hrs to 7 hrs)
    Waverider or Holographic (from 18 hrs to 11 hrs)

I'll also add to please, please stop requiring us to hatch the UR dragon from Dragon Tales and the token dragon. Clearly, the dragons are outpacing available land. Something's got to give in this. Also, please overhaul Dragon Tales. Why are we still crafting items we get as chapter prizes later? Not cool. The quests for Tales, World Events and Leaderboards should be done with Fire, Water, Forest and Air dragons like it was for Tales in the past. This will eliminate the need for common dragons in all events. To replace the requirement for Leaderboard and World Events, eliminate the points from common dragons and reduce the milestone points in both events. Since Leaderboards have been a problem, drop it altogether and replace it with the Spin To Win or create a new event.
    Drop the tournaments to two a month instead of once every week and have those start on Fridays (no more Tuesday tournaments).
    Speaking of events, why not have everything start on Tuesdays so that in case of mistakes they can be fixed immediately instead of waiting the entire weekend since events are time sensitive.