Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Cannot get into Castle Story

Host(ess)

Well known Storm8 access issue

Quote Originally Posted by federerGOAT View Post
    Could be bad routing by your ISP causing the connection time outs.

Have you tried running the game with a VPN?

If you don't have one, try a free one such as tunnelbear.
    No, it is a well known issue at Storm8s end. All we can do is wait to see if they do anything about the access issue that the larger kingdoms are having. Using a VPN will not unfortunately help.
    Last edited by FarmeraKingdom; 08-23-19 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Correction

Host(ess)
    I do not know for sure but since some players are getting access for a short time and then reverting back to no access, it seems like Storm8 is trying to fix the problem one kingdom at a time, and IF this is going on, it is a temporary fix and extremely short sighted. I think the access problem started happening (in small numbers) several months ago and Storm8 did not fix things then, and probably will not spend the time and money it will cost them to fix it this time. My best guess (and I sincerely hope I am wrong) is that Storm8 is hoping the players who can not access the game will get tired of complaining and posting here and simply go away.

Some time in the future they may try to really fix the problem, when there are more players who no longer have access. We are getting no information because there is nothing they can say, other than what they are saying now. They are looking into the problem... I am sure they already have and this silence is their answer.

Fashion Designer
    It's not caused by all of out different isp's going wonky at once and turning on my VPN didn't make a difference, nor did resetting my router or any of the other supposed S8 fixes. It's also not caused by solar flares, a 400 pound guy in a basement somewhere, elbonian hackers, the earth being flat or black holes. It's something on S8's end and it's their problem to fix, not ours. Maybe stopping sending support tickets wasn't such a good idea because they can point to that and declare it fixed. I haven't seen S8 on here giving us any information. They just sequestered us here where we're apparently being ignored. We're all S8 customers and they should be at least giving us updates on progress and promising just compensation for the loss of the use of their product that we've already paid for. I have been unable to get past the fake internet connection error for nearly 95 hours. I am thinking that there must be laws about selling a product then not making it available to customers, with little or no explanation of what is going on or if or when CS will be back online for everyone. I haven't seen an update in the App Store, so obviously they aren't trying too hard and don't mind that few if any of us will be able to finish the current event.

This isn't the proper way to treat loyal customers, S8. That's what everyone of us in this thread is, and I know that few of my neighbors, many who have been here since the beginning, use or even know about this forum. They ask other neighbors when something is wrong with the game, so chances are the problem is very much more widespread than the few of us posting here. Maybe it'll start to show up when none of us are buying anything, and maybe S8 will take notice then, but by then many will have given up and found other games. I don't see how this benefits S8, but they must believe it does or they would treat their customers better than they are in this instance.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by federerGOAT View Post
    Could be bad routing by your ISP causing the connection time outs.

Have you tried running the game with a VPN?

If you don't have one, try a free one such as tunnelbear.
    I've tried these suggestions. Why would my isp only interfere with castle story? Do you mean we have a bad update that could use a nice bump up by checking the modem or router? Ok, like I think I can fix this on my own. Times like this I really miss talking DOS.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by FarmeraKingdom View Post
    I do not know for sure but since some players are getting access for a short time and then reverting back to no access, it seems like Storm8 is trying to fix the problem one kingdom at a time, and IF this is going on, it is a temporary fix and extremely short sighted. I think the access problem started happening (in small numbers) several months ago and Storm8 did not fix things then, and probably will not spend the time and money it will cost them to fix it this time. My best guess (and I sincerely hope I am wrong) is that Storm8 is hoping the players who can not access the game will get tired of complaining and posting here and simply go away.

Some time in the future they may try to really fix the problem, when there are more players who no longer have access. We are getting no information because there is nothing they can say, other than what they are saying now. They are looking into the problem... I am sure they already have and this silence is their answer.
    I think so too. I hope ur wrong but I suspect not😞. TL rarely answer & I?ve seen comments from people who were locked out for months the first time this happened.

I?ve been unable to play for 96 hrs. Tried all the posted recommendations. No luck.
    iPad 12.4 version, game version 2.3.0

Sorry everyone, the team is still investigating this issue.
    Storm8 Staff - PikaSquirrel
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

Fashion Designer
    Pika, I believe you said you wouldn’t be here on the weekend. Looks like we won’t be playing either! Not your fault, but this is very,very disappointing. Have been ignoring the glitches, resets, etc.. But this lock out is so frustrating!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaMaria13 View Post
    I?ve been unable to play for 96 hrs. Tried all the posted recommendations. No luck.
    iPad 12.4 version, game version 2.3.0
    I read one comment that they were locked out for a month. I?ve been locked out since Monday & many others gave been locked out longer. TL doesn?t seem to care. Loyal paying players getting slapped in the face😞

Rhino Keeper
    I have not been able to get on for over an hour now on both my iPhone and my iOS.