Page 23 of 77 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 8/15: A Sweet-Tooth Tragedy | event info on page 1

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Sleeping is overrated. So is adulting.

(Wooooooot!! Just got a gold nugget from my rock outcropping )
    Sleeping is just rude and so much better midday when you realize how old you are and that naps are like gifts from your own body to YOU.

And I also got a gold nugget! Goldfinger high-five! 🙌
    Realm name: Pippo
    If you maintain one heart as a friend, I will visit you daily! If your hearts are empty, so is mine, and then after a week of mourning your emptiness passes, I will delete you. No need for wall posts.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by wishtheywerereal View Post
    Did you also happen to notice the drop rate for coins?

Anyone, M'77 in particular, please do check my reasoning...

The adorable Swirlicorn needs 20 gold coins, and in the trade booth, each gold coin needs 6 bronze and 3 silver.

If one is trading for the silver:
    3 bronze for 1 silver, x 3 needed, 9 more bronze coins.

6+9=15 bronze for each gold coin.

15 bronze per gold x 20 gold coins for Swirlicorn = 300 bronze coins total for the Swirlicorn.

Yes, the ICM will drop the rare other type of coin besides bronze, but this puts it in a way at least I can get my head around.

No one is going to get all the coins back during the event, but you do get an awesome looking Swirlicorn and their (on the high end) sweet drops forevermore. : )

Mystery box trade: 7 bronze, 2 silver, 1 gold.
    7 bronze straightforwardly, 6 for the silver, and 15 bronze for the gold, 7+6+15=
    Total of 28 bronze coins per mystery box trade.

The Swirlicorn is therefore the equivalent of (300/28) ... 10.7 mystery box drops.

Leaving aside for the moment the (im)practicality of my even having a chance for a Swirlicorn without gemming, I so so so would love to get an Alicorn from the mystery trade, so I am putting my efforts there. The Swirlicorn artwork is so lovely, but with my sweet feasts already over 90 with hard work and support from Sabina's Sweet Shop from a previous event, and the Swirlicorn also dropping sugar, fertiliser, horse hair, and sugar cane, I reluctantly will be giving this gorgeous critter a miss. I look forward to seeing it on your board though! SO cute! : )
    When a new event opens, I focus on what I want to walk away from the event with, what it will take to get there and how much time and effort (or the rare gems) I'm willing to expend in getting those things. This gives me a great starting point from which I can divvy up my resources and put them in the right places to meet my goals.

From the start of this one, I knew wanted to get at least one of each new item (same as all events) and predicting the Swirlicorn would act like the Pfefferknot Pony, I wanted to get it as early as possible. That way, I've got it checked off my inventory list and I can get the most use out of its Chocolate Coin drops or the rest of the event. That's really all the thought I put into it, lol.

Since I normally don't spend gems to complete events (other than purchasing one of each item for sale in the market) the biggest thing I had to decide was how many gems did I want to spend on this event. I have a small hoard of gems, but I needed to make sure I only spent an amount that I was okay with - which ended up being about 150 gems. I chose this number because this is roughly what limited time event items are normally sold at in our markets. I can easily part with that amount of gems and not hate myself or question my willpower for pixels, lol.

Anyway, I looked over my notes for the last event like this one and decided the best place for me to spend those gems wasn't on speeding up the crafts nor was it to use them to buy materials to start said crafts but to pour them into the mountain. I didn't work out the math or anything, just used my prior knowledge of where I personally wanted to put my efforts in this event and what would work best for my playing habits.

So, I spent yesterday using those 150 gems to speed up my ICM again and again when I had the free time. By doing so, I got a nice head start on my chocolate coin collection, started converting them to gold, upgraded ICM to level 8 and I ended up with enough sprinkles that when the time came to craft the sundaes I was ready.

The drops do get better the higher it's leveled and I've found that from level 5 on mine could drop 1-10 bronze, 1-2 silver and 1 gold. If I get a big bronze drop it was usually on its own, and single bronze drops brought with it either silver or gold. From level 7 on, most of the single drops disappeared and instead I mostly got drops of of 2 types of coins with the rare three at a time dropping though all three dropping is nearly a guarantee that it'll be one of each only. I ended last night with enough chocolate coins that I was placing my Swirlicorn before bed.

I plan to complete the rest of the event foregoing any gem spending. I'll finish upgrading the ICM today then I've nothing to focus on but chocolate coins and trades! I've set an alarm to notify me every 2 hours so I can faithfully collect from the mountain and it'll be a good reminder to check my trade drops as well.

I'm already having a blast. Love, love, love this type of event!!

Executive Chef
    Lv 8 Moiuntain just dropped 7 Bronze coins and 1 silver. So looks like drops may get better indeed.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    When a new event opens, I focus on what I want to walk away from the event with, what it will take to get there and how much time and effort (or the rare gems) I'm willing to expend in getting those things. This gives me a great starting point from which I can divvy up my resources and put them in the right places to meet my goals.

From the start of this one, I knew wanted to get at least one of each new item (same as all events) and predicting the Swirlicorn would act like the Pfefferknot Pony, I wanted to get it as early as possible. That way, I've got it checked off my inventory list and I can get the most use out of its Chocolate Coin drops or the rest of the event. That's really all the thought I put into it, lol.

Since I normally don't spend gems to complete events (other than purchasing one of each item for sale in the market) the biggest thing I had to decide was how many gems did I want to spend on this event. I have a small hoard of gems, but I needed to make sure I only spent an amount that I was okay with - which ended up being about 150 gems. I chose this number because this is roughly what limited time event items are normally sold at in our markets. I can easily part with that amount of gems and not hate myself or question my willpower for pixels, lol.

Anyway, I looked over my notes for the last event like this one and decided the best place for me to spend those gems wasn't on speeding up the crafts nor was it to use them to buy materials to start said crafts but to pour them into the mountain. I didn't work out the math or anything, just used my prior knowledge of where I personally wanted to put my efforts in this event and what would work best for my playing habits.

So, I spent yesterday using those 150 gems to speed up my ICM again and again when I had the free time. By doing so, I got a nice head start on my chocolate coin collection, started converting them to gold, upgraded ICM to level 8 and I ended up with enough sprinkles that when the time came to craft the sundaes I was ready.

The drops do get better the higher it's leveled and I've found that from level 5 on mine could drop 1-10 bronze, 1-2 silver and 1 gold. If I get a big bronze drop it was usually on its own, and single bronze drops brought with it either silver or gold. From level 7 on, most of the single drops disappeared and instead I mostly got drops of of 2 types of coins with the rare three at a time dropping though all three dropping is nearly a guarantee that it'll be one of each only. I ended last night with enough chocolate coins that I was placing my Swirlicorn before bed.

I plan to complete the rest of the event foregoing any gem spending. I'll finish upgrading the ICM today then I've nothing to focus on but chocolate coins and trades! I've set an alarm to notify me every 2 hours so I can faithfully collect from the mountain and it'll be a good reminder to check my trade drops as well.

I'm already having a blast. Love, love, love this type of event!!
    Thank you for sharing your strategy AnnirasSweets!
    Queendom Name - Hyrule

Executive Chef
    Sorry if this has already been posted.

Level 10 goal and upgrade requirements
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3E6FB98E-23B3-467E-857B-128ED4FFAB03.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	144.9 KB 
ID:	52701Click image for larger version. 

Name:	69D21244-AA2D-409B-BB28-7B3CFADCC2AC.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	129.6 KB 
ID:	52702Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DABFD2FA-7A0E-4C06-8C1F-7069262BD463.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	138.0 KB 
ID:	52703

Swirlicorn 7h collection time
    Max 1, craft is greyed out after making one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FE6A75C2-1D0E-4394-B1E4-FD3CAD0A4F9C.jpeg 
Views:	43 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	52704Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F142CF18-BF3D-4FCC-AB46-CD4A53421075.jpeg 
Views:	37 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	52705
    Last edited by zoroak; 08-17-19 at 12:55 PM.

Executive Chef
    For those having trouble sleeping, have you tried counting sheep <rim shot> ?

Fashion Designer
    I bow down to your wisdom, Anniras and thank you for all the nuggets of knowledge you give us
    Queendom name - Codex Realm
    Lower Level Queendom - TheNameOfTheWind (ID: WiseMansFear )
    I accept all neighbor requests but do not visit often.

Fashion Designer
    I just got a pop up that said that sweet skunkupea was on sale in the Market, but I dont see it am I looking in the wrong spot?
    Queendom Name - Hyrule

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by venatemp View Post
    I just got a pop up that said that sweet skunkupea was on sale in the Market, but I dont see it am I looking in the wrong spot?
    I didn't see it either

If Mr. Sprinkles spawned as frequently as my fangbeasts, I'd have this event finished in half the time. I can't turn around without bumping into a fangbeast!