Page 28 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 8/15: A Sweet-Tooth Tragedy | event info on page 1

Farm Supplier
    My ICM is level 6 and I just received my first gold coin today. I got 2 silvers prior, 1 yesterday and the other early this morning. They’re rare, but possible.

Rhino Keeper
    My Level 6 ICM just gave me 1 bronze, 1 silver and 1 gold coin, and I went through the “search for sprinkles” goal and have a sprinkles spawn too.
    Avalon Aurora - level 50

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade - lots of it - plus apple pies and orange cobblers for gems (over and over again)!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by habanero120763 View Post
    Dark cave formation is the best source of sugar crystal. One sc with each hit.
    Great information--thank you! A bonus for my being here (I came for the group therapy lol).

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    When a new event opens, I focus on what I want to walk away from the event with, what it will take to get there and how much time and effort (or the rare gems) I'm willing to expend in getting those things. This gives me a great starting point from which I can divvy up my resources and put them in the right places to meet my goals.

From the start of this one, I knew wanted to get at least one of each new item (same as all events) and predicting the Swirlicorn would act like the Pfefferknot Pony, I wanted to get it as early as possible. That way, I've got it checked off my inventory list and I can get the most use out of its Chocolate Coin drops or the rest of the event. That's really all the thought I put into it, lol.

Since I normally don't spend gems to complete events (other than purchasing one of each item for sale in the market) the biggest thing I had to decide was how many gems did I want to spend on this event. I have a small hoard of gems, but I needed to make sure I only spent an amount that I was okay with - which ended up being about 150 gems. I chose this number because this is roughly what limited time event items are normally sold at in our markets. I can easily part with that amount of gems and not hate myself or question my willpower for pixels, lol.

Anyway, I looked over my notes for the last event like this one and decided the best place for me to spend those gems wasn't on speeding up the crafts nor was it to use them to buy materials to start said crafts but to pour them into the mountain. I didn't work out the math or anything, just used my prior knowledge of where I personally wanted to put my efforts in this event and what would work best for my playing habits.

So, I spent yesterday using those 150 gems to speed up my ICM again and again when I had the free time. By doing so, I got a nice head start on my chocolate coin collection, started converting them to gold, upgraded ICM to level 8 and I ended up with enough sprinkles that when the time came to craft the sundaes I was ready.

The drops do get better the higher it's leveled and I've found that from level 5 on mine could drop 1-10 bronze, 1-2 silver and 1 gold. If I get a big bronze drop it was usually on its own, and single bronze drops brought with it either silver or gold. From level 7 on, most of the single drops disappeared and instead I mostly got drops of of 2 types of coins with the rare three at a time dropping though all three dropping is nearly a guarantee that it'll be one of each only. I ended last night with enough chocolate coins that I was placing my Swirlicorn before bed.

I plan to complete the rest of the event foregoing any gem spending. I'll finish upgrading the ICM today then I've nothing to focus on but chocolate coins and trades! I've set an alarm to notify me every 2 hours so I can faithfully collect from the mountain and it'll be a good reminder to check my trade drops as well.

I'm already having a blast. Love, love, love this type of event!!
    I really do appreciate you sharing your strategy. My ICM is level 6, and so far I ONLY get single drops of ONE bronze coin. Every. Single. Time. However, you?ve given me hope that things will get better at level 7! I did buy the sweet booth, and I?m finally crafting my very first gold coin. Whew.

Does IC watchtower drop anything useful for this quest? If yes, on what level? Thinking should I start upgrading it..

Fashion Designer
    Page 1 says Swirlicorn drops chocolate. Does it mean chocolate coins? Or regular chocolate?
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.

Fashion Designer
    Thanks for the tip about cabbages giving cups of sugar. The first 20 I harvested only gave me 3 cups of sugar, but I have more planted and will hope for more next time.
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.

Fashion Designer
    I’m at level 6 and I‘ve had 30 bronze (mostly 1 at a time) and 2 gold, but 0 silver!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosewood_Keep View Post
    How many people have actually had gold coins drops from the ICM/ at what level?

Thanks wishtheywerereal for the helpful analysis. Definitely confirms my plan to go for the swirlicorn first and then spend my leftover coins after.

Will also be saving my gems for another day, another event.
    They start dropping from Level 5 and so far, to me, it seems the random rate they drop at raises as you level up higher. I'm at Level 10 and most of my drops have included a mix; rarely am I getting bronze only. I've found that Lv.10 has the possibility of dropping a mixture of 1-10 Bronze, 1-3 Silver, 1 Gold Coin. Usually if a Gold is dropped, the bronze is on the lower side, but not always it's pretty random.

In fact, I thought I'd get all these spare bronze coins so I spent a good while yesterday trading them golds and silvers only to find I didn't have enough bronze today to do trades, lol. Lesson learned! I'll now only trade in my bronze coins when I absolutely have to.

Quote Originally Posted by ladlasse View Post
    Page 1 says Swirlicorn drops chocolate. Does it mean chocolate coins? Or regular chocolate?
    It drops both the regular chocolate bars for cooking and the coins for the event. So far, it's dropped a chocolate coin every time either 2 Bronze, 1 Silver or 1 Gold.

Rhino Keeper
    When the Baron asked for a name for his ship- LOL! Loved that.
    Another day in Team Lava Land, another collection of coins, another trip to that change machine at the grocery store...