Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GOAL: Rise With The Sun - 2019 Aug 1 (15 Days)

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by KadeeDid View Post
    Some people like the challenge of completing a goal even if they don't want the prize. I have 2 or 3 of some goal prizes. I like to do the goals even if I know I won't bother displaying the prize.
    This is why I do the goals, and the side goals give me an extra challenge in the first week. I’m hoping to get as many of these big decorations for when I have a much larger restaurant
    ___ Restaurant Story ID: wtfitbs | Bakery Story ID: wtfitbs2 ___

4* Goal player | (silent) tips daily | Individual gifts | Requests filled quickly
    NO mass gifting neighbours needed (food or otherwise) | Read my wall for more details

Host(ess)
    So strange asking for neighbours to send a Solar Stove Manual for a Drink Machine :?

Rhino Keeper
    Does anyone know what the Sunday Show is?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by sandylbaum View Post
    I don't know what the official take on the Sunday Show is; but to me, personally, it looks like one of those old fashioned floor model television sets from the 50s or 60s. Some of them used to have these absurdly large wooden surrounds that were made to look like a decorative piece of furniture to disguise the television when not in use.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandylbaum View Post
    It looks to be a “Puppet Show Theatre” to me, which naturally has absolute nothing to do with the Sun

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by venus708708 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C2E988A2-AE5E-4E54-BE37-96A67CD5534B.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	160.9 KB 
ID:	52590
    Looking at the picture of the item placed, I think wtfitbs2 may be right about it being a Puppet Theater. I guess the connection to the Sun aspect of the goals is the design element on the top that looks like sun rays?

Aside from how nice an item looks, I normally judge the decorations on their versatility. Since I can think of a few different themes the Sunday Show would work well in, it gets a passing mark from me.

Executive Chef
    I not do the goal, but I really want the value pack!!! I would be able to get 4 of dolphin statue if I buy but Would be waste of moneys??? Since I not do goal? Or should I go for it still, even if I not do goal?

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Looking at the picture of the item placed, I think wtfitbs2 may be right about it being a Puppet Theater. I guess the connection to the Sun aspect of the goals is the design element on the top that looks like sun rays?

Aside from how nice an item looks, I normally judge the decorations on their versatility. Since I can think of a few different themes the Sunday Show would work well in, it gets a passing mark from me.
    It looks to me as though the sun rays were added as an after thought. Back to your suggestion though, I don’t remember anything like that, although I do remember that my Great Aunt & Uncle’s TV was freestanding and enclosed in a large wooden box frame with four legs. I used to spend my school holidays on their farm, and naturally I was my Uncles remote control lol

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by kappy333 View Post
    I not do the goal, but I really want the value pack!!! I would be able to get 4 of dolphin statue if I buy but Would be waste of moneys??? Since I not do goal? Or should I go for it still, even if I not do goal?
    That's something every player has to decide for themselves. When I'm unsure if I should make a purchase or not, I do the math - that's why I always include the original pricing so players can see if they think the deco on offer is worth the cash they're asking for it. The VP Offers are always offered in the last days of the goal so the parts never get including in my mental math. I only ever build 3 of each appliance and at the time the VPs are released, I'm no longer building but nearly finished with the goal so I only ever consider whether or not the deco itself is worth what they're asking.

In this instance, the Value Packs are 4.99 which means it's the equivalent of buying and spending 24 Gems on the Fountain. So I think the real question you should be asking yourself is: "If the Dolphin Fountain was on sale in the Market for 24 Gems, would you be happy to spend that amount of gems to purchase 4 of the Dolphin Statues?"

Quote Originally Posted by wtfitbs2 View Post
    It looks to me as though the sun rays were added as an after thought. Back to your suggestion though, I don’t remember anything like that, although I do remember that my Great Aunt & Uncle’s TV was freestanding and enclosed in a large wooden box frame with four legs. I used to spend my school holidays on their farm, and naturally I was my Uncles remote control lol
    See, we had one that was a behemoth that sat on the floor and was more like a piece of furniture than anything else with a door that slid across the screen when it wasn't in use so no one knew what it really was unless it was on. It was only around when I was very young so I can't recall the brand or anything but this is as close to what I was thinking that I could find:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0014393.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	52626
    Last edited by AnnirasSweets; 08-09-19 at 05:05 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast