Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 8/1: Hot Off the Presses | event info on page 1

I took a hiatus from the game for a long while (like a few years) but I?ve been playing off an on since 2010. I must have missed something - what are the crowns are for? Should I be able to see it in my inventory?

Nightclub Owner
    Normally my favorite items are the ones that lean more heavily toward the 'fantasy' side of the game however, my favorite item from this event thus far hands down is the Bloodhound. He's so adorable and I'm very surprised how much I like his artwork since he's not really embellished or altered in any fun ways. He's just a sort of realistic looking dog which usually doesn't appeal to me - I've never kept out any of the million dogs in the game but the Bloodhound will stay.
    --------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosewood_Keep View Post
    I took a hiatus from the game for a long while (like a few years) but I?ve been playing off an on since 2010. I must have missed something - what are the crowns are for? Should I be able to see it in my inventory?
    They're used to purchase walkers from the Market's Town Square; here's a link with the full info: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...itizens-Crowns

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosewood_Keep View Post
    Crowns are used to purchase "walkers".
    Can be found in the Town Square.

Not a fan of walkers per se, but the ones that came with the guard dogs and the trade post are worth purchasing.
    These are the ones with a storybook icon next to them.

Rhino Keeper
    Am I correct in reading here that the camera and bulletin board are deco only? I thought from the description that the camera was going to attract skunkupines?

Fashion Designer
    I have done at least 6 adventures to try and get the bloodhound and good drops for the event. These are the worst drops from these adventures ever. I never get the special item like the bloodhound, so how random can it be if I never get them? However, I usually get a few good items to help the event. I’ve only received items that are very easy to obtain with the one exception of item to help me craft an Ivy story. This last adventure returned only 3 items. All three were easily obtainable, and actually I didn’t need 2 of them, so even though I would like the bloodhound, I’m not sure it’s worth chopping all the mailboxes to get the cards necessary for the event. It seems that many of you are getting the bloodhound which is great. Hope you are also getting great drops.
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ladlasse View Post
    I have done at least 6 adventures to try and get the bloodhound and good drops for the event. These are the worst drops from these adventures ever. I never get the special item like the bloodhound, so how random can it be if I never get them? However, I usually get a few good items to help the event. I’ve only received items that are very easy to obtain with the one exception of item to help me craft an Ivy story. This last adventure returned only 3 items. All three were easily obtainable, and actually I didn’t need 2 of them, so even though I would like the bloodhound, I’m not sure it’s worth chopping all the mailboxes to get the cards necessary for the event. It seems that many of you are getting the bloodhound which is great. Hope you are also getting great drops.
    I've done about 3-4 adventures and were surprised I got Ivy's rare drop twice and the bloodhound once. They got progressively less and less items per adventure, the last one was only 3 (common) items. It is TRULY random if how much it'll drop. Also goes to show how random the rare adventure item drop is. Last event I barely scraped enough baron dice to get I think 3-4 baron rolls TOTAL over the entire event time. The fact that I've done 3-4 already so far just goes to show how crazy the rng can be for these events. It really makes you wonder if they tweak the rng for rare drops from event to event.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by kajohn345 View Post
    Am I correct in reading here that the camera and bulletin board are deco only? I thought from the description that the camera was going to attract skunkupines?
    Deco only, I'm afraid.

I think the "Say Skunkupines!" detail on the back is just down to poor wording choice on their part. It seems to me that they were looking for a way to make the "Say Cheese!" phrase that's associated with photography feel more whimsical and Castle-worthy but they perhaps didn't choose wisely.

That said, I agree with you that the wording does seem to imply that the Camera will attract spawns and makes me think they should've chosen another word. Any other word, really.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Deco only, I'm afraid.

I think the "Say Skunkupines!" detail on the back is just down to poor wording choice on their part. It seems to me that they were looking for a way to make the "Say Cheese!" phrase that's associated with photography feel more whimsical and Castle-worthy but they perhaps didn't choose wisely.

That said, I agree with you that the wording does seem to imply that the Camera will attract spawns and makes me think they should've chosen another word. Any other word, really.
    That's happened before on more than one occasion.....the one that comes to mind is the chocolate fountain saying it drops chocolate when it is either deco or drops unrelated items.
    No Gems For Runes!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Deco only, I'm afraid.

I just thought it was funny, and I don't think the description hints at it attracting actual Skunkupines

Pls is the new item 8 gems or 8 nuggets?