Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 8/1: Hot Off the Presses | event info on page 1

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by wishtheywerereal View Post
    DeeDeeBird: Your 'Here, puppy, puppy!' - literal LOL!

Best wishes to all to finish and power of the puppy. : )

*snip*.

Well it seems that whenever you twirl that magic wand of yours I seem to get the stuff I long for. Lol 😛 I sent out one "last Adventure" yesterday for the heck of it and got the bloodhound this morning! I sat there staring at the screen waiting for it to reset and to disappear, I was so shocked and unbelieving. So thank you thank you thank you 🙏 for your wishes. I hope everybody has the fortune to get that hound.
    I won't finish for a few days yet because of Ivy and my stubborn, constipated saw mills but I suspect, barring any unforeseen misfortune, I will finish in time.

Nightclub Owner
    Yay! : ) More Power of the Puppy Post to all! : ) And sawmills with intestinal issues another LOL!
    I might start whacking them again with my magic broom to see if they will spit out more things for the Thomas craft.

Has anyone collected from the completed newsstand as yet? What are the drops so far? What about the fairy? Anything above the ordinary yet?

Rhino Keeper
    Haven't seen it posted anywhere so just want to make everyone aware, there's an available CS update to version 2.3.1g (July31, 2019). Claims it's for bug fixes and performance improvements. May be helpful for those having issues.

Rhino Keeper
    Re: Atrium Antics- I'm guessing the reward is the Poppy Faerie. Wishful thinking wants it to be Forest Wisp. :P

Farm Supplier
    Power of the puppy post! Here puppy puppy! I don’t usually send the adventures because it seems not worth the nuggets but I’ve been trying hard this time. Thanks everyone for letting me not feel alone in the quest!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    I might start whacking them again with my magic broom to see if they will spit out more things for the Thomas craft.

Has anyone collected from the completed newsstand as yet? What are the drops so far? What about the fairy? Anything above the ordinary yet?
    Ive been collecting from the completed newsstand and have always received coins (1400 from my last one, not sure if that changes) and 25 newspapers. It would be nice if they added some other drops to replace the newspapers when the event is over.

Rhino Keeper
    Aside from waiting 12 hours for Ivy I have been enjoying the event. There is no way at this point when I’m still collecting to upgrade to level 5 and only 7 days left that I can collect 3 more times for this upgrade then 8 more times for last upgrade. Sure wish they would change Ivy to six hours instead of 12.

Nightclub Owner
    The ongoing drops, I believe, only start after the event stops. However, we have had no heads up about the newsstand. Sometimes that means awesome drops, and sometimes that means hiding meh drops. No way to tell. I missed out on the fantastic Portabella (not her name, I think, close enough) weekly alicorn equivalent because I got fed up with the massive glitches of that event and stopped after a few days. I'm not a full of regrets kind of gal, but if I were, I would regret that one. If S8 had said ahead of time that it would be a weekly alicorn equivalent, I totally would have stuck with it. My take-away lesson: do as many events as possible because it's fun, of course, and, massively awesome prizes can show up. But that is my take on it, not universal wisdom. : )
    Well the thing is I don't have enough space for every building but will make space for an energy or trade ticket dropper. Days into that Portabella event when I realized that the prize was an energy dropper I got myself in gear to complete the challenge. I regret upgrading that mushroom building but can't bring myself to store it after I worked so hard to get it! Same for the Maxotaur fellow. I didn't want him at all until I saw what he dropped. Then I dug my heels in completely. With this one I kind of want the fairy prize for her drops but I'm meh about the building. It's summer. I can do without playing every hour and a half and so I'm pretty behind even on the Glimmerwood tabloids. I don't even have 300 as yet :-/ My building is still on level 4.

Quote Originally Posted by msmorg View Post
    Aside from waiting 12 hours for Ivy I have been enjoying the event. There is no way at this point when I?m still collecting to upgrade to level 5 and only 7 days left that I can collect 3 more times for this upgrade then 8 more times for last upgrade. Sure wish they would change Ivy to six hours instead of 12.
    What should be done is the use of a different building with a shorter recharge & make the craft requirement higher. Instead of 1 pic from Ivy it could be 1 pic from a 4 or 5 hour building but we need 2 or 3 for the craft instead of just one.
    I know that would make me jump for joy! 12 hours is too dang long!!!
    Please! Please, S8! Consider changing your template to a shorter timed building!
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggerBubbles View Post
    For all you people worried about whether you got crowns or the bloodhound spare a thought for me. It?s been 36 hours now since I became aware that I couldn?t access my game. I have been playing since September 2012, so please don?t make suggestions about force closing, hard restarts, deleting and reinstalling etc. I?ve tried everything. Ive taken out a ticket, I even still have a ticket that appears open from April when this happened last. I have an iPad Pro so not an old device, it is on the latest iOS software. It?s like my game isn?t even on my iPad. When you look in settings and see all your apps listed Fantasy Forest is there, even Restaurant Story, tons of other apps, but no Castle Story. You download it and it appears on your iPad, plays music even when you click on it, but that?s all. Says it?s an online game, to check, everything else works. I?ve done the ticket thing, asked others for help and nothing. My bad day just keeps getting worse. I feel like I won?t be able to get Dahlia even when I eventually get back on. Never felt so low in this game before. Never not finished an event. Seven years I?ve been playing next month and I can?t even get a reply from Storm 8. Spiritwind tried for me but no luck as far as I know. I don?t want crowns, what use are they if you can?t have everyone walking around that you?ve earnt, and as for the bloodhound, don?t care about him. I just feel so sad. 5-7 days to reply is just so wrong. It?s my 38th wedding anniversary as well. Certainly don?t feel like celebrating.
    I know you've tried everything but just in case - have you installed the game on a different device? It may be that there is a DB corruption that makes the Castle Story server think that you have everything but you can't get it out of your local DB or cache. Installing the game on a different device would help you figure out if that's the problem. If it is, then you should delete the game on your iPad Pro, then backup the iPad Pro, then reset it to the Factory Settings, then restore from backup and finally reinstall Castle Story and that may hopefully fix the problem.

If this works, you could then go out and have a royal 38th wedding anniversary and a 7-year Castle Story anniversary celebration ...