Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: GOAL: Pearly Whites - 2019 Jul 30 (15 Days)

All these recipes are ugly too
    Gastronomo on Bakery and Restaurant. Level 99 player.

Rhino Keeper
    The Pearl Tea looks exactly like the Peachy Smoothie. Ugly in my opinion, too big. Not to mention it doesn't look at all like the thumbnail used in the cookbook. I was really excited with the new recipes, not anymore though.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bakery_story-2019-08-04-04-58-33.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	512.4 KB 
ID:	52574

Nightclub Owner
    I've really spent a lot of time thinking over the image situation these last few weeks and figured I'd share my main thoughts with my fellow players.

The Cynical Side of me looks at these recipes and thinks that the counters full of uncooked batter we got from the Orchid Appliances was s8's way of making a point. Sort of like, "Oh, you want to nitpick over cookie sheets and a single large glasses on the counter? Here, have a bowl of slop and see how you like that instead?!" Things can always get worse, so we should be mindful of which issues we try to press.

The Optimistic Side of me, however, looks at the various incarnations of the new recipes, sees the images seemingly show up at the wrong time and thinks, "Perhaps they've brought someone new into goal preparations or have started using a new software in the office?" After all, they've clearly taken the time to create lovely graphics for the recipes, we're seeing it in our cookbooks and on the tables - just not on our counters.

The Logical Side thinks: This many years into an app, the devs have had nearly a decade to perfect the system of plugging in new images for goals. And to their credit, before recent memory they have done a great job of releasing new goal recipes with lovely and appropriate images. Looking at all the negative changes I'm seeing in goals, the most logical conclusion is that something has changed for the devs' situation. After years of loving this app and being happy with the devs' efforts, I've got to believe that they're currently working on fixing these things and not sabotaging their own jobs or trying to make us dislike the game, lol.

Which part of my brain will end up being right is anyone's guess as only time will tell. Until we have definitive results one way or the other, I'll endeavor to stay as positive as I can when faced with these eyesores. I mean, I can't personally change any of these things so the best I can do is control how I react to them - at least, that's what I'm telling myself!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Daengel View Post
    I got 17 of one part but none of the others
    Same here. I really need the 4th part in the row but all I get is the first 3.
    Sometimes I don't get any parts at all.
    This is really frustrating.

Rhino Keeper
    I am desperately waiting to get rid of floral delight from my bakery and you gifted me pearlscent smoothie ??? Why ???

All I want is some good looking recipes. But you are using templates interiors, parts and everywhere ?

Why ? Why ? Why ?

Farm Supplier
    I haven't gotten to the second oven myself yet, but I'm personally quite happy with the way the recipes are presented on counters in some of my more fast-baking neighbours' bakeries.

Fashion Designer
    From left to right, 1st 2nd and 3rd recipe from the Pearl mixer whatever. It's a nahhhh from me
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bakery_story-2019-08-06-12-40-57.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	132.4 KB 
ID:	52581
    Jared,19

Farm Supplier
    Well, I finished the goal this morning. I applied the "prepare, store, and repeat" method toward building ovens that I mentioned earlier in this thread (pg. 4 or 5). By building 5 of the first oven and 6 of the second, a whole week was shaved off of the timer.

As far as the end goal prize, I couldn't figure out what a golden idol had to do with the theme. After receiving the prize, it finally dawned on me... The idol is Aphrodite! Makes more sense, now. Although, I feel there should be more details- sea themed or with pearls rather than a plain display of people taking pictures of a statue.

Executive Chef
    Ok I gave up doing this goal as we have 8 days left and only on first recipe with 2 ovens built. I feel like quitting this game completely ugh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KeiYos View Post
    The first recipe looks nice (even if it's on a tray...) I don't know you guys but I noticed that they removed the sprite when the food is done on the oven (maybe nobody cares) but I liked to see those cute details I would like to know why they did this. Maybe less work or just lazy?
    Me too! The fork and knife on the napkin just irritates me. I liked all of the food having its own end sprite...it was more realistic (some were actually pretty fancy!). Same thing with the trash bags. I only figured out they were trash bags and not misshaped black blobs from coming here. 😂 I hope they go back to the beautiful designs we?re all used to.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast