Views:	96 
Size:	114.8 KB 
ID:	52469

Final preparations prior to event
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1248493

How to Play?
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...95#post1373595

Event Schedule
    Event is live from {July 24/5:30 pm EDST} to {Aug 6/9 pm EDST}.
    You can use this Time Zone Converter to figure out your local time. You can enter "San Francisco" for the S8 time zone.

How to earn Leaderboard Points
    Buy the Penguin Slushy Slide - Collect 15 points every two hours
    Craft items in the Windmill - 1+ points
    Craft items in the Cider House - 1+ points
    Craft items in the Dehydrator - 1+ points
    Complete a Plane Delivery - 6 points
    Feed and Collect from your pigs - 1 point
    Craft items in the Noodle House - 1+ points
    Harvest the Hot Water Boiler - 1+ points
    Win a Mystery Box - ? Points

Points are being given for delivery truck orders though not listed under info

Event Boost
    Refer to Guidelines for Leaderboard Event on how event boosts work.
    Penguin Slushy Slide: 15 Leaderboard points every 2 hours.
    Cost: 125 gems
    The Penguin Slushy Slide is also a milestone prize! Thanks Storm8!

Event Prizes
    Milestone Prizes
    Your required Leaderboard points may vary according to farm levels.

High Levels: Levels 51 and above
    Thanks PookieBear50
    200: Mystery Box (Leaderboard points, Coins, XP, Pickaxes, or Shovels)
    600: Mystery Box (Leaderboard points, Coins, XP, Pickaxes, or Shovels)
    1000: 5 Darts for Piper's Treehouse
    1400: Mystery Box (Leaderboard points, Coins, XP, Pickaxes, or Shovels)
    1800: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Barn Parts, Silo Parts, or Expansion Parts)
    2250: 3 Shovels for the Mine
    2700: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Barn Parts, Silo Parts, or Expansion Parts)
    3250: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Barn Parts, Silo Parts, or Expansion Parts)
    3800: 1 Penguin Ice Slide (NOTE: Boost Item - gives 15 Leaderboard Points every 2 hours)
    4350: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Dynamite, a Ruby, a Golden Lure, or Gems)
    4900: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Dynamite, a Ruby, a Golden Lure, or Gems)
    5450: 3 Dynamite for the Mine
    6000: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Dynamite, a Ruby, a Golden Lure, or Gems)
    6500: 1 Icy Oak (looks like something similar to the Candy Trees)

Mid Levels: Levels 33 to 50

Low Levels: Levels 15 to 32
    1,800 points: Penguin Ice Slide
    3,600 points: 1 Icy Oak

Note: Your milestone prizes can be found in your cellar upon acquiring the required Leaderboard points.

Rank Prizes
    1st place: Blue Beary and Gold Trophy
    2nd place: Blue Beary and Silver trophy
    3rd place: Summer Penguin, Bronze Trophy, and 10 Expansion Permits
    4th-6th place: Summer Penguin, 10000 coins, and 5 Expansion Permits
    7th-12th place: 7500 coins and 5 Expansion Permits
    Consolation prize: 5000 coins

Note: Your Rank prize can be found in your cellar at the end of the event.

Milestone Prizes
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7543.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	117.3 KB 
ID:	52467

Rank Prizes

Name:	IMG_7536.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	52468
    Last edited by judyandthecat; 08-07-19 at 01:44 PM.

Moderator (volunteer) judyandthecat's Avatar
    Saved for event information

Moderator (volunteer) judyandthecat's Avatar
    Ok interesting ....
    I don't have the summer penguin so do I want a bear or do I want to just try for third to sixth spot. Edit found the Summer Penguin deep in the cellar.
    Storm 8 makes things interesting

Name:	IMG_7536.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	52463
    Last edited by judyandthecat; 07-24-19 at 06:03 PM.

Executive Chef
    Milestones
    200: Mystery Box (Leaderboard points, Coins, XP, Pickaxes, or Shovels)
    600: Mystery Box (Leaderboard points, Coins, XP, Pickaxes, or Shovels)
    1000: 5 Darts for Piper's Treehouse
    1400: Mystery Box (Leaderboard points, Coins, XP, Pickaxes, or Shovels)
    1800: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Barn Parts, Silo Parts, or Expansion Parts)
    2250: 3 Shovels for the Mine
    2700: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Barn Parts, Silo Parts, or Expansion Parts)
    3250: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Barn Parts, Silo Parts, or Expansion Parts)
    3800: 1 Penguin Ice Slide (NOTE: Boost Item - gives 15 Leaderboard Points every 2 hours)
    4350: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Dynamite, a Ruby, a Golden Lure, or Gems)
    4900: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Dynamite, a Ruby, a Golden Lure, or Gems)
    5450: 3 Dynamite for the Mine
    6000: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Dynamite, a Ruby, a Golden Lure, or Gems)
    6500: 1 Icy Oak (looks like something similar to the Candy Trees)

Prizes:
    1st place: Blue Beary and Gold Trophy
    2nd place: Blue Beary and Silver trophy
    3rd place: Summer Penguin, Bronze Trophy, and 10 Expansion Permits
    4th-6th place: Summer Penguin, 10000 coins, and 5 Expansion Permits
    7th-12th place: 7500 coins and 5 Expansion Permits
    Consolation prize: 5000 coins

Event boost
    Penguin Slushy Slide: 15 Leaderboard points every 2 hours.
    Cost: 125 gems

Collect points from
    Penguin Slushy Slide - 15 every 2 hours
    Mystery box - ???
    Complete a delivery - 6 per delivery (upon plane's return)
    Collect from pigs - 3 per pig
    From the Hot Water Boiler - 2 per collection
    Crafts in various buildings - 1 per every complete hour of crafting time before items are collected
    - Windmill (except Truffle Shavings)
    - Cider House
    - Dehydrator
    - Noodle House
    - Cafe (Spiced Orange Cider only)
    Farmer's Market
    - 4 points per order part completed
    Last edited by PookieBear50; 07-26-19 at 12:11 AM.

Executive Chef
    Haven't had a chance to check yet, but in the last Leaderboard event Spiced Orange Cider (made in the Cafe) gave points, and the Truffle Shavings (from the Windmill) did not. I'll check both later.

Also, I normally receive 2 points from the Boiler, though that takes 2.5 hours to be ready, so I should only be receiving 2 points. However, it happened that I also collected 1 Wheat Noodles from the Noodle House just before. The Wheat Noodles, only taking .5 hours, should not have--and did not--award any points, but when I collected from the Boiler, I received 3 points instead of 2. That suggests that the point values from one valid crafting building MAY possibly carry over to another valid crafting building. I will do a couple of experiments later to see if it works out that way or not.

Only been playing the leaderboard event for 3 hours and the top player already has over 3,300 points. No chance at any prize so just going for the penguin slide. Good luck.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by kindefarm1890 View Post
    Only been playing the leaderboard event for 3 hours and the top player already has over 3,300 points. No chance at any prize so just going for the penguin slide. Good luck.
    Whoa that?s a lot. At the moment my group seem very laid back. Remains to be seen if that continues!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by PookieBear50 View Post
    Haven't had a chance to check yet, but in the last Leaderboard event Spiced Orange Cider (made in the Cafe) gave points, and the Truffle Shavings (from the Windmill) did not. I'll check both later.

Also, I normally receive 2 points from the Boiler, though that takes 2.5 hours to be ready, so I should only be receiving 2 points. However, it happened that I also collected 1 Wheat Noodles from the Noodle House just before. The Wheat Noodles, only taking .5 hours, should not have--and did not--award any points, but when I collected from the Boiler, I received 3 points instead of 2. That suggests that the point values from one valid crafting building MAY possibly carry over to another valid crafting building. I will do a couple of experiments later to see if it works out that way or not.
    I did some experimenting, and this works: if you have a craft that either you collected too early or for whatever reason you ended up with an extra 30 minutes' crafting time, you can avoid losing that time by collecting another item that also had an extra 30 minutes. I knew that it worked when collecting from the same building, like the Dehydrator or the Windmill: I'd receive 1 point for the first Cornstarch I crafted, then 2 points for the next Cornstarch, because together they required 3 hours' crafting time. However, I did not know prior to this that items could be collected from different buildings (e.g., 1 Cornstarch from the Windmill and 1 Wheat Noodles from the Noodle House) and the times would be added to give the additional point (that would otherwise have been lost).

Quote Originally Posted by kindefarm1890 View Post
    I'm new to iOS and haven't played the leaderboards before. Is each farm only playing against a set number of people? I ask because you said the top player on your leaderboard has 3300 but I'm the top on mine and I only have 1,500 points.

Quote Originally Posted by hkat2006 View Post
    I'm new to iOS and haven't played the leaderboards before. Is each farm only playing against a set number of people? I ask because you said the top player on your leaderboard has 3300 but I'm the top on mine and I only have 1,500 points.
    The game randomly picks the players in your group. Sometimes you will be in a competitive group and next time an easy group. The top player in my group purchased the ice slide and 2 hour boost. I suspect they then used gems to speed up the boost which put them in the lead with 6500 points after the first 24 hours.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast