Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 7/18: 'Tis only a Game event | *goals and inventory info on page 1*

Executive Chef
    My latest Barons roll is ready, but I don't want to collect.
    Its not fun being dissapointed time and time again. I thought this would be my opportunity to finally win an adventure prize (prizes you usually win during an adventure like the turtle), because no golden nuggets were asked.
    But apparently they don't want everyone to win a gnome, even if you hardly do anything else for days than trying to get him.
    Only the lucky and players with lots and lots of energy get him.
    Next time I won't try so hard any more, and just spent the resources I get by completing goals. My own fault for getting my hopes up..
    Sorry, from now on I'll stop complaining, not fun for all you guys.

Good luck for players working on completing the goals and getting the Storybook Fearie!
    And my sympathies for those not getting what they need from random drops/ spawns.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by rilette View Post
    I am late at goal 16. But to do the armor, it ask for the shield and sword to do again. But It was on a goal before. Is it a error or I have to redo shield and sword.
    It meam i am off pratictly! Thks
    Hi rilette, you have to make it again I'm afraid.
    At goal 14 you had to give the sword and shield away (to fight the baron at goal 15)
    While you work on the armor you can already begin the rolls for goal 17, so when you finish the armor you can give the rolls (complete goal 17 too) and go fight the Baron for the last time.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by wishtheywerereal View Post
    They are running simple algorithms of random chance only. I had superb luck in the beginning and was also able to finish early, and kept having great fountain tribute drops for another day or so - past two days, nada. Absolutely bubcus. Programmers could track the drops and temporarily adjust chance, even to 100%, if the drop rate falls too low within a certain time frame. But that would be a big resource commitment. Alternatively, they could drastically lower the cost of these sometimes problematic drops. : )
    I know, as a fact, that drops and spawns reduce significantly for me, in my game, after a certain number (about 5 days or so) of days. I have seen it over and over again. The further in I get in the event the harder it is to get the resources. The last few days it becomes next to impossible to get anything required. I have therefore learned to amass as many resources as I possibly can in the first few days and, where possible, make as many whatevers as I will need to make as early as possible when they are easier to come by. Unfortunately with this event we had several roadblocks where drops were not guaranteed: Ivy, shadow fangbeasts, then shadow skunkupines and that dang constipated fountain. And you couldn't really stock up on things that were not available until later on. I was able to finish early because I have some energy reserve and daily and weekly energy resources. If I didn't have that then I'd be struggling even now to finish.
    I decided not to waste energy and time chopping any more dice as it became pretty obvious that I wasn't getting that gnome. So the rest of my dice will sit and await WW's unlimited energy to be cleared off my board.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    Hi rilette, you have to make it again I'm afraid.
    At goal 14 you had to give the sword and shield away (to fight the baron at goal 15)
    While you work on the armor you can already begin the rolls for goal 17, so when you finish the armor you can give the rolls (complete goal 17 too) and go fight the Baron for the last time.
    Yes thanks... i will try but it is too late. Last goal is fighting 3 times the baron. And getting the 8 ted teeth is random on the shadow beast.
    Fortunatly I played every day. Without reading the forum, it is impossible to finish.
    I cant wake up on night at all event really putting the timer. Uffff :-(

Rhino Keeper
    Well the shadow beasts have become quite scarce in my kingdom. I am 37 tokens always from being able to craft one. I am not sure @ all that I will be able to do it. I really have to laugh @ the limit of 4 each, because @ 500 tokens each, it's an unbelievably tedious chore to earn enough even for one!

Executive Chef
    Been out of town for three days but played whenever I could. That last spell of light is too elusive; even if it shows up today, not sure I can get all the crafts needed. I have only tried the baron drop a couple of times since I’ve been crafting everything else that will be needed in my limited time.

Farm Supplier
    Alas, the randomness of drops from the pond & beasts will keep me from winning yet another game. It is disheartening. Because the game was designed to "encourage" gem spending, I'll just be happy with my pretty new satyr & look forward to putting yet another game behind me. I was really liking the different tasks & I don't mind a little speeding up, but the randomness just ruins the fun, for me at least. Wishing the rest of you a happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandmaAndMe2 View Post
    This. I am in the same boat. I have only ever received earth wisps from the puppet theatre. It promised so much, and is completely worthless. I have played this game off and on for years. Every time I come back, I hope they will have sorted out their ridiculous business model. But, nope. They honestly need to fire whoever in their sales department thinks alienating customers is a good thing. I spend tons of real cash on games I love. I rarely spend cash here because, honestly, it just is not fun most of the time. It is a chore with no guarantee your hard work will pay off.

I am hoping to finish this event, mainly because I am pleased with the diversity of the fairy. Certainly not because I am hoping she will give great dividends. I, too, have not received a gnome. No surprise there.

In fairness, however, the game play story has been a refreshing change. I think we are all tired of trees and rocks and upgrading buildings as an event feature.

👉🏻👉🏻👉🏻👉🏻Also, could someone please tell me how to get around the contraction apostrophe error here in the forum? Good grief.
    Go to Settings, keyboard & turn off Smart Punctuation.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    Go to Settings, keyboard & turn off Smart Punctuation.
    Just dropped into the Forum to celebrate getting the elusive third spell of light (five days!!!). I have all the rolls done and plenty of energy saved up, so I should have no problem finishing. I wish I could fix my contraction apostrophe too, but I am on an iPad, and I?m not sure how to ?Go to Settings?.

Edit: D'oh. Just went to Settings, and there it was!

Executive Chef
    Power of the Post! Also just got my last spell of light. Used 32 precious gems to speed the armor. Crafting last Thurston and only need two more pelts to finish final two Thomas. My handful of weekly alicorns are ready and waiting to help me with energy. Whew!