Page 38 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 7/18: 'Tis only a Game event | *goals and inventory info on page 1*

Rhino Keeper
    Only got 1 chalice so far and collected from it 6 times. Hope I?m able to finish this event but given the low drop rate of chalices it?s cutting it very fine. On another note I really want the baron as I need more rotten cabbages the puppet baron isnt dropping any cabbages for me 😔 but 400 is steep hopefully they?ll have a sale and I?ll be able to afford it 😊

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sdwombat View Post
    IF (& that's a big if) I get enough tokens, I want the Shadow Skunkupine. Fangbeasts are my second least favorite of the monsters (dire boars are my least favorite).
    That insane grin.......lol
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    That insane grin.......lol
    I know right? It will look perfectly at home in my Halloween section of my kingdom

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by sdwombat View Post
    I've had quite a lot of game resets this event. My iPad is older, so I've tried using my iPhone instead, but same thing. And you always lose something good
    I?ve never had as many resets as this event either. My iPad is newer (finally upgraded last Christmas), so it sounds like it doesn?t matter newer or older. Hope S8 can look into all the resets.
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.

Quote Originally Posted by wamboltia View Post
    Started to get anxious that I won't complete this one. Fairy tribute is holding me up on chalices. No, I will not buy another one for 50gems. Then just to do it again with the next random drop. I get one chalice a day basically.
    We have another week! No need to be anxious. It's very doable.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ladlasse View Post
    I?ve never had as many resets as this event either. My iPad is newer (finally upgraded last Christmas), so it sounds like it doesn?t matter newer or older. Hope S8 can look into all the resets.
    Do you upgrade your operating system as soon as a new one is available? I keep the older versions as long as possible... I dont know about "games" per se, but in the applications I used to administer, I always had my clients wait to upgrade. I am still on iOs 11.2.6.....the device wants me to go to 12.4......I dont have a lot of problems with apps (and I definately dont upgrade any that specifically say they are optimized for iOs 12!)
    I am probably full of hooey, but it sort of makes sense to me that code originally written for earlier software versions, work best on the earlier versions. My experience has been, anything written for earlier software works best on the earlier software. When I start to have lots of problems, I figure my operating system needs an upgrade, but I put it off as long as possible.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Farm Supplier
    Well, defeating the 4th, last baron took 185 hits. Felt like an unnecessary waste! It seems very unlikely I will ever receive enough energy from the Storybook Faerie to compensate for the massive amount of energy I used to complete this quest. Too many monsters, especially coming after the last Monster Hunt just before this quest.
    Last edited by weebluemoth; 07-24-19 at 08:23 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    Do you upgrade your operating system as soon as a new one is available? I keep the older versions as long as possible... I dont know about "games" per se, but in the applications I used to administer, I always had my clients wait to upgrade. I am still on iOs 11.2.6.....the device wants me to go to 12.4......I dont have a lot of problems with apps (and I definately dont upgrade any that specifically say they are optimized for iOs 12!)
    I am probably full of hooey, but it sort of makes sense to me that code originally written for earlier software versions, work best on the earlier versions. My experience has been, anything written for earlier software works best on the earlier software. When I start to have lots of problems, I figure my operating system needs an upgrade, but I put it off as long as possible.
    I haven’t had to upgrade this version, but I agree with you. I had to replace my phone which was s Samsung Galaxy 5 because I upgraded whenever it told me to, and the upgrades caused problems with my phone particularly messaging. Store told me I should have stopped upgrading, but how would I have known?

You advice is probably good for others playing this game. If you are on an older model, you may not want to upgrade your operating system as it could impact your play.
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by ladlasse View Post
    I've been playing almost 2 years and brand new laptop, constantly 'freezing' and 'resets' and losing good stuff , time goes backwards giving back energy and having to tap on whatever I'm going after again but getting very little or none of the drops needed, and yes I've complained many times, never have I spent real money on this game, can't trust it, others have had bad experience with that! I'm level 50 (retired) and play almost around the clock to complete events! Good luck to all! Camelot is my kingdom and never turn down requests or new neighbors 😉

Rhino Keeper
    I finished in my lower level kingdom and the faerie gave me 5 energy from the first collection.

In my level 50 kingdom I still need a few collections from ivy to get all the bags I need. I'm not looking forward to fighting the last shadow baron, 300 hits is excessive.

I did spend the 50 gems in both of my kingdoms to get the extra fountain. I think they were worth it and I will leave them out post event as I like the look of them.

Overall, this event was just a huge energy drain. I will never recap the amount that it took. I sat and waited 10 minutes to keep collecting from farmhouses to get the shadow fangs and growing and harvesting corn to get the shadow spines. So it took a lot of wasted time as well.

I'm disabled so I have the time to do this, but people that still work don't. I cannot imagine your frustration with this event!

Trudyscandles