Page 25 of 60 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 7/18: 'Tis only a Game event | *goals and inventory info on page 1*

Rhino Keeper
    Shadow fang needed in goal 13 isn’t a guaranteed drop. Defeated 2 and have not received any. Hope it’s not a glitch

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodbar1961 View Post
    After goal 13 do we have to make more things for the players to roll again?
    You will fight the shadow baron 4 times. Leading up to this requires a sword, 1-3 other items and the dice rolls for each of the three players. Each time you will need more of the dice rolls than the previous time.

Quote Originally Posted by babysx1 View Post
    Shadow fang needed in goal 13 isn’t a guaranteed drop. Defeated 2 and have not received any. Hope it’s not a glitch
    I saw about 1 in 2 to 1 in 3. You will need the fangs in several of the steps, so don’t stop after the first goal that needs them.

Farm Supplier
    What does the "Visit town square store" pop up screen mean? I cant see anything new there.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by annanettles View Post
    You will fight the shadow baron 4 times. Leading up to this requires a sword, 1-3 other items and the dice rolls for each of the three players. Each time you will need more of the dice rolls than the previous time.
    OK, so this means we need 4 swords in total, right? *Almost* embarrassed to say, more funny - I used two elven boosts, both the farming double harvest one to get double energy back and the one that halves 'growing' time. I waded back and forth through the corn for monster skunkupines (in answer to ladlasse) and went into some kind of 'zone' - when I had to stop due to finally running out of energy I had enough for three and a bit swords! Head slap d'oh! I though I had wasted all that energy, and had been doing it really for the fun of it. Accidentally sorted, woo hoo! : )

Beware the errant finger tap: I used up precious silver runes on a workshop boost because I got distracted and tapped before double checking which boost I was making and activating. Avoidable error. I posted on this previously but it was such an expensive and avoidable error I thought I would repeat.

NB: if you haven't read the whole thread you way wish to do so as players gemming ahead post v important info earlier on than you may expect, and sort out basic premises of the event early. : )
    Nymeria is kingdom name, WishTheyWereReal, esp the unicorns! Huge thanks to people who contribute to the forum.

Fashion Designer
    I was tempted to. Up a second faerie tribute statue - at only 50 gems, it is quite affordable. AND the artwork is super lovely. : )

With such an interestingly varied event, it is easy to forget the potential of Ivy's Hut bottleneck. I have done two Baron's rolls, and the second time I did get quality event resources ('roll' results from one each! Bonanza! Much preferable to chess pieces to me). I may as well wait for the faerie tribute whilst I wait on Ivy.

Also, it would probably be event-specific expenditure, like, (ahem) my accidental purchase of a stack of special dice for 20 gems. That IS a head slapper. If I hadn't done that oopsie I would be more tempted to get another faerie tribute fountain. Also, we don't know what it will drop after the event. At 50 gems, it might turn into a pricey fountain. I keep the Cupid faerie out because of the artwork, not the drops.
    Last edited by wishtheywerereal; 07-21-19 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Clarity
    Nymeria is kingdom name, WishTheyWereReal, esp the unicorns! Huge thanks to people who contribute to the forum.

Fashion Designer

Goal 13

(If I am counting correctly.) : )

Collect from faerie tribute - 1 (purchased in the market, four hour timer, additional tribute fountain available for 50 gems)

Gather enchanted chalice - 4 (from faerie tribute, not a guaranteed drop)

Have shadow fangs - 8 (from shadow fangbeasts, which spawn from farmhouses)

Have shadowbane sword and shield - (craft in magic forge, 8 hours, need these items and more, below)

ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:

Shadowbane sword - 1 (craft in magic forge, is a component of the sword and shield) - 12 shadow skunkupine spines (gross!), 5 iron, 5 coal, 4 hours to craft. Spawn the critters from corn and wheat, for more tips see inventory thread on the hub, and consider using elven boosts to avoid massive energy expenditure)

NB: it is 12 hours total for crafting sword, then sword and shield, because you need the sword to craft the sword and shield combo.

Happy monster slaying!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	35341B89-E5AC-448A-A1B0-969FEE6C3603.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	52423 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BCCC3D20-D964-4F53-A2D3-8BCF53A1761D.jpg 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	52424

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks for updating the goals on page 1 SpiritWind!
    And of course thank for the players who are ahead of the rest and sharing their experience.
    It's so great and helpful to know what's coming!

I really like the newness and diversity of this event.
    I like less that is harder to estimate if it is doable for me/ the average player to complete.

Rhino Keeper
    Goal 15

Name:	8E8DDE42-064F-4CDC-86FF-2D84D168F6A8.jpg 
Size:	132.7 KB 
ID:	52425

Shadow Baron 140 hits

Rhino Keeper
    Goal 16

Name:	009CE1C8-BDFC-49D1-9BC7-C8630BD00A09.jpg 
Size:	148.1 KB 
ID:	52428

Tribute gives both Enchanted Chalice & Spell of Light
    but not guaranteed drops
    (Can buy second Tribute 50 gems in Market)

Name:	97708818-FAB3-457F-BAB2-DCE268A827D5.jpg 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	52429
    Last edited by kolakid2; 07-21-19 at 03:49 AM.

Page 25 of 60 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast