Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hive Queen Battle Tournament 7/12/19

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PuntaMita View Post
    I'm very interested to see how this pans out.
    I play on my iPod touch and I'm sure you guys can remember when I would get stuck on battles for a full day plus!
    I did see a post a while back from a long time player who took a break and came back. They said the battles are noticeably more difficult...
    If any of you record your battle stats or want me to look into it for you, you can PM me and I'll see if we can get someone to look at the logs for you.

On the back-end, it looks at: rarity, level, and color. There's nothing calling to platform.

Executive Chef
    Why is Carnival so hard to beat? Got stuck on it on 2 different accounts. Decided to quit the tournament since I can't get past it.
    I did finally get the Hive Queen on my oldest account, but I think that is because I used gold to get past some of the battles in order to complete the Storybook. I don't mind spending gold when it counts towards: the Battle Boss, the monthly tournament dragon, the final SB dragon, and the prize you get for winning the final SB dragon and the final deco (being able to choose another dragon, farm boosts, or adventure tickets). An investment of 120 gold isn't bad when it helps you get all those things.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    If any of you record your battle stats or want me to look into it for you, you can PM me and I'll see if we can get someone to look at the logs for you.

On the back-end, it looks at: rarity, level, and color. There's nothing calling to platform.
    I'm going to test things out on the next tournament to get some stats and I'll definitely PM you if there's something wonky about the data. Thanks for assisting.

Rhino Keeper
    Running out of time with a boatload of important, exhausted dragons - stuck on Battlemage.
    I didn't get on much yesterday and am paying for it now. Not sure if I should spend gold or hope Hive Queen comes back around.

Rhino Keeper
    My younger account is stuck on Centurion and the older is stuck on Neo Sagittarius. So that means I'm not getting her. Very annoying and disappointing

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PuntaMita View Post
    Running out of time with a boatload of important, exhausted dragons - stuck on Battlemage.
    I didn't get on much yesterday and am paying for it now. Not sure if I should spend gold or hope Hive Queen comes back around.
    I would say if you think it's worth getting now then spend the gold. If you could do without it then wait about 4 months for it to be in the codex. But if you want to defeat it then I would say use one of the ADIPS dragons again and use the disposable fire strategy while the dragons heal. Also, if you have Defender and it's over level 12 then use it or Glasswing/Neo Glasswing. I would say try Dark like I did but Dark doesn't work for everyone. Good luck!

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you Sky, I will try Defender 15, and my Dark is 12(?) - May be just the ticket!? I'm healing Achilles now.
    I've got so many good dragons in storage, I can probably do without. Just like the looks of her. I remember where we had a string of repeats in the tournaments, so maybe it will show back up?
    I get a bit stubborn when I've battled the same dragon a bunch & have won before on the first try, same dragon choice. It also won't **** me to fork over the 30 gold. Time will tell- lol!

With 16 dragons in line for the spa and 30 minutes left to battle, I'm calling it.
    Congratulations to those who made it through and thanks for the support & helpful suggestions.
    Last edited by PuntaMita; 07-17-19 at 11:54 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Centurion beat by Dark Omen Dragon

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123