Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 7/11: Beast Master Challenge | *goals and inventory info on page 1*

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    When I fully participate in a MH I have lots of horses out and only slay purple golems. I've never been in the position of too many staff tokens. I need to do 2 -3 other trades so the shield and sword tokens don't black flag until I have 25 staff tokens.
    For me it?s strange because it varies from MH to MH, or even at various times within an MH, whether I?m short on staff or sword tokens. And I still haven?t figured out why.

In related news, my LB is awesome. I mentioned earlier that I stopped at 2302, and it turns out...so did the next member who caught up to me! I?d love to see the entire LB tie and get the prize.
    No Gems For Runes!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    But if you only slay Purple Golems, and they drop more staff than sword.. how can you not have a sword shortage/ how can you not have to many staff tokens?

I want to know 'the secret'! I love slaying only Purple Golems, but I'm close to the max 120 staff tokens.
    I really hate spending 10 or more energy just to spawn a monster..
    You do a Bronze Trade when you are close to max on Shield Tokens

plus I save the traps that are often given during events, they might not drop shield/sword tokens but can be used for WW monsters or in meeting the points needed to get the current event animal (if I don't have to use it during the event) In this event, if I am say 20 points from the 2300 need to get the Maxotaur and time is running out, I will pull a trap instead of spawning a huge energy sucker like the Purple Glimmer Golem

I've only gotten a monster trap once from adventuring that I can recall. But I am not doing a lot of higher level Adventures yet
    Last edited by SofiaDeo; 07-16-19 at 11:46 AM.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Fashion Designer
    [QUOTE=VersaceMorrow;1587670 In related news, my LB is awesome. I mentioned earlier that I stopped at 2302, and it turns out...so did the next member who caught up to me! I?d love to see the entire LB tie and get the prize.[/QUOTE]

Wait.. are you saying if you tie with first or second place that both tied players get the prize??

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by WittyWitch View Post
    Wait.. are you saying if you tie with first or second place that both tied players get the prize??
    Any ties receive the same reward. So, in theory if all the players in a bracket tied for 1st place then every player in that bracket would receive the 1st place prizes.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Any ties receive the same reward. So, in theory if all the players in a bracket tied for 1st place then every player in that bracket would receive the 1st place prizes.
    Wow mind blown! I guess I never thought about a tie as non of the LBs I’ve been have had super close numbers. That would be so awesome if all players decided on a number and stuck to it so everyone wins.

Rhino Keeper
    Any guesses what the Royal Maxotaur will drop, based upon past leaderboard events?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    I tried this once, back when LB was not tied with MH so it made no sense to go over 2300 points. I got 10 people on board, but 3 people either didn't read their walls or ignored the cooperation. They kept going even when 5 of us held 2300 steady for days. In the end the pact broke because of them.
    Now since LB is tied to MH, it makes sense that some players will want to craft as many tokens as possible so it's impossible to come to an agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by ratdogs4 View Post
    One person on my lb has 34,000+ points and another 27,000+ points. I can't imagine how much tapping that is and would love to know how many gold tokens they crafted.
    It depends on how they got their points. Did they use boosts? Did they purchase an energy pack with points? Did they trade collections for points?
    Back when I wanted to craft a ton of tokens for wizard's portals, armored dire wolves and other goodies, I went all out. I used no boosts, no collections etc., straight on one point for one hit. I had almost 35k points one hunt and crafted more than 500 tokens. That was when blue dire boars were unlimited. I think approx 70 points = 1 troll token (I usually managed to slay 3 blue boars with 70 hits or 50 energy). Now with only glimmer golems the tokens are so out of balance that 100 points or more will get 1 troll token (about 2.5 trolls or 75 energy).
    Last edited by Melany77; 07-16-19 at 02:40 PM.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by VersaceMorrow View Post
    For me it?s strange because it varies from MH to MH, or even at various times within an MH, whether I?m short on staff or sword tokens. And I still haven?t figured out why.
    It flips around for me too. Earlier on I had more sword than staff. Now I have more staff than sword. Not sure why it flipped there at all.

Quote Originally Posted by WittyWitch View Post
    Wow mind blown! I guess I never thought about a tie as non of the LBs I’ve been have had super close numbers. That would be so awesome if all players decided on a number and stuck to it so everyone wins.
    If you have some genuinely good people in your leaderboard and everyone agreed to tie and actually honoured the agreement then it would be great! Alas people are ridiculous and at the very very last minute someone will throw in a craft or something and get ahead and solely win the prize leaving everyone else frustrated and disappointed. #happenseverytime

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by eastie41 View Post
    Any guesses what the Royal Maxotaur will drop, based upon past leaderboard events?
    My guess is energy. Or expansion materials like trade tix and permits

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    ...snip... If you have some genuinely good people in your leaderboard and everyone agreed to tie and actually honoured the agreement then it would be great! Alas people are ridiculous and at the very very last minute someone will throw in a craft or something and get ahead and solely win the prize leaving everyone else frustrated and disappointed. #happenseverytime
    It's harder to tie in the CS LB events because they combine it with the Hunt so that players who don't want to participate in the LB still rack up points simply by crafting tokens. The way it's set up now, when you ask for a tie you're basically asking other players to stop crafting Troll Tokens which is unlikely to happen and sort of unfair to ask of others.

The few times the LBs were by themselves as an event tying for 1st and 2nd place was abundant among my neighbors and friends who play. I feel pretty sure that they've combined LBs and Hunts to not only force all players to 'participate' but to also make it less likely that players will band together to tie. When I used to play DS, ties were commonplace in the LBs - I think 25 tied for 1st place is the most I've ever seen.