Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 7/11: Beast Master Challenge | *goals and inventory info on page 1*

Executive Chef
    Thanks all, I made an armored alicorn and may just wait on anything else. I’m not trying to be first or second on the LB; I keep finding myself in 6th with enough pending energy sources to get to first if I cash them all in. Two through five are all very close so I’ll probably make a decision in the last couple of hours.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ratdogs4 View Post
    What have people been getting from the Maxotaur - the one that's the final individual prize? I've only gotten fur, bacon and coal so far. Pretty disappointed.
    Bacon, coins, and iron ore.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    I ask because I now have all the unicorns and armoured alicorns, the siren, armoured bear, flyger, peacock, cabbage hut, armoured lion. I'll probably go for the glimmer alicorn next and then I don't know what. The armoured direwolf? Another three lions? Wizard portal? I hear grumblings about the Armoured direwolf and the wizard portal that makes me wonder if I should even bother to craft them at all...especially the direwolf since that's just so much mithril! I'm fast getting to the place where I'll just be crafting for the sake of getting rid of gold tokens since I'm not sure I want anything else. :-/
    I'd agree with going for the glimmer alicorn next.... as for choosing between the portals or the dire wolf, I don't remember which I got first but they may have come at different times so I probably got them in the order they came. I was against the dire wolves at first because I thought the cost was too high and the five days timer pi$$ed me off, I figured the math would never pay it back over the number of days I'd keep playing. But, when I ran out of things to craft and the tokens kept accumulating I eventually caved. Like I always do
    No Gems For Runes!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by shortdanzr View Post
    whats the max number of staff tokens you can have? my sheld and sword tokens go hand in hand like you would expect. but my staff tokens have takens over. and of course i can't trade them out
    Where are you getting your staff tokens? I am always waiting for those.

Fashion Designer
    One person on my lb has 34,000+ points and another 27,000+ points. I can't imagine how much tapping that is and would love to know how many gold tokens they crafted.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    From Purple Glimmer Golems. They give more staff than sword tokens.
    The best thing about them is that they have a 'guaranteed spawn' from horses.
    So you don't have to waste energy trying to spawn a monster.
    They take about 40 energy to 'slay'.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    From Purple Glimmer Golems. They give more staff than sword tokens.
    The best thing about them is that they have a 'guaranteed spawn' from horses.
    So you don't have to waste energy trying to spawn a monster.
    They take about 40 energy to 'slay'.
    When I fully participate in a MH I have lots of horses out and only slay purple golems. I've never been in the position of too many staff tokens. I need to do 2 -3 other trades so the shield and sword tokens don't black flag until I have 25 staff tokens.

Executive Chef
    When I fully participate in a MH I have lots of horses out and only slay purple golems. I've never been in the position of too many staff tokens. I need to do 2 -3 other trades so the shield and sword tokens don't black flag until I have 25 staff tokens.
    But if you only slay Purple Golems, and they drop more staff than sword.. how can you not have a sword shortage/ how can you not have to many staff tokens?

I want to know 'the secret'! I love slaying only Purple Golems, but I'm close to the max 120 staff tokens.
    I really hate spending 10 or more energy just to spawn a monster..

Fashion Designer
    I like the Dire Boars. They give you the staff and I kept getting black flags when I get the traps from quests. They only take 8 hits (actually less but it says 8) and the last hit you get all the items. Dire Boars also generally spawn pretty easily from mines, buildings and mushrooms as well as strawberries.
    Last edited by Galadraal; 07-16-19 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Content left out the abundance of dire boar traps

Fashion Designer
    I also primarily go for the purple golem because they are guaranteed and give lots of staffs but Dire Boar traps are a quick and easy way to get all the elements needed.