Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 7/11: Beast Master Challenge | *goals and inventory info on page 1*

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by queens_ransom View Post
    120, just like the other ones. It says so on the back of the inventory card. ;-)
    i figured thats what it was. it didn't occur to me to look on the back. i honestly wish i could trade them out for something
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by GiselleX16 View Post
    Any preferences between an armored alicorn and a glimmer alicorn? I?ve got 16 various guaranteed daily energy droppers, 8 weekly, plus a variety of random potentials. Already have the cabbage hut. I?m usually maxed on the stuff other creatures drop. Thanks!
    Armoured definitely for reasons already enumerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikilieb View Post
    Every leader board I have participated in over the last year I have finished 1st or 2nd but I always used ALL my energy over several hours a day and ALWAYS bought gems and energy packs. But I didn't get a baron puppet last event no matter how many times I played get some people get 14 or more baron puppets. FOURTEEN!

I am currently in 20th place this time around, this company lost business over a puppet. Sure am glad they played hardball because it was that important for them not to give puppets! Ha!
    Lol..I didn't even realise I could have gotten a second baron puppet. I did a couple adventures, got one on the first Adventure I sent out and was just happy I had received "it". 😂 I haven't had anything spectacular from it though..no cabbages at all... so don't feel too bad you missed out. He's heading to storage soon.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by shortdanzr View Post
    i figured thats what it was. it didn't occur to me to look on the back. i honestly wish i could trade them out for something
    From your post to S8's ears. We ALL wish we could trade them.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by wishtheywerereal View Post
    When I crafted the cabbage hut, also in a MH where I wanted to keep slaying golems but was going to max out on gold tokens, I put it in overnight and gemmed the rest over coffee. : )

To share w all: spoke w my maths PhD hubby last night about the armoured direwolves and the wizard portals. His lateral thinking perspective on it was that with gold troll tokens at 50 gems each, two purchased gold tokens is equivalent to a daily alicorn on sale. The gem cost of 85 gold tokens is therefore the gem equivalent of 42.5 daily alicorns. The *energy* yield of a new WP is about two daily alicorns, fully upgraded two more. Not good gem value. Direwolves equivalent harder to calculate as my experience is is drops 20 energy almost exclusively for me and other players are luckier w that guy. One daily alicorn more than covers it for me. It is a lot easier to make a reduced price purchase with gems bought on sale. Ergo, the only reason to do the WP or armoured direwolf is for the fun of it. Fun is worth it, and it is subjective, whilst the maths bit is objective. One isn't better than the other.

When I have gazillions of energy saved, it might be inspiringly fun or feel pointless to craft them, impossible to tell from here. For now, after crafting our warrior who cooks feasts (great combo) and the rest of my allowed lions, I prefer to restock for trades and then save a bit of energy for the next event.

I will probably wind up crafting the allotment of flyers as well; the expansion permit drops are poor but still exist, and every little bit helps, as a supermarket ad here says. But I won't push for it, yet. : )

I really really hope we get a WW at the end of this as well!
    Fascinating. I guess I built the WP for fun plus I really like the look of them. And there isn't anything else that I want right now. I never equated gold tokens to gems because I would never use gems to buy a gold token. And for now I'm on the no more spending real money stance, (got mad at seemingly drop manipulation) I just do what I can and want.
    I love the math analysis.
    Kudos to your guy that would take the time to do this for you.

To stay on topic: I am now ranked 15. I'm not buying any package deals. I will use a boost later to cash in on my crafts.
    Last edited by riverly; 07-15-19 at 11:37 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    I feel bad for the person "competing" with me in my LB. I really am not trying to win the first place. I'm determined to get that last unicorn and a glimmer alicorn this monster hunt which means I'm going for as many gold tokens as I can. Poor girl has no meaningful energy sources and must be spending some serious gems and money to keep ahead of me. I hope she wins because she sure is determined! 😂
    I know what you mean.... I am at 2302 and holding. I would like to craft another 14 gold tokens before maxing but I'd rather wait until a few people pass me and leave me in the dust before trying for any more. As I mentioned I really don't need energy animals so I'd rather my competitors get it and then I will go back to just replenishing coins. I have even parked a beast for now :0
    No Gems For Runes!

First collection from the Armored Maxotaur was a sweet feast--yippee! I'm maxed on other feasts (and almost on sweet), so I'm glad my first wasn't a black flag.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by VersaceMorrow View Post
    Right there with you..... the last sale with the FP alicorns for 100 gems, I didn't even bother. I am starting to rethink any time I see the prize is or may be an energy source, because after having skipped an event or two these past few months, I started this MH with over 17K energy. And I didn't start until this morning, because I had a weekend getaway with my husband and didn't want to be playing CS. So, while I am tempted to get the owl from the Baron's Tent this month, and the LB prize which will probably also be energy, part of me is meh about it.

That being said, I already have the 2 WP's and 4 AD's... but if I were to do it all over again I am not so sure I would.
    You're not sure you would go for the direwolves at all or all 4 direwolves ? or even one of the portals?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    You're not sure you would go for the direwolves at all or all 4 direwolves ? or even one of the portals?
    I have all forms of fire wolves, flygers, portals, armored lions and armored bears. I have one siren and I don't need more because I finished all the mermaid quests. I think all that's left are glimmer dragon and glimmer alicorns. If I'd started earlier I could get another cabbage hut but then I'm trying to replenish even more. I'm guessing I'm not the only one in this position because I've only been playing 4 years and others have been a lot longer.
    No Gems For Runes!

Executive Chef
    and for those of us who haven't played very long, this is the first MH i've been able to craft something. i've gotten 3 armored ali & i'm 3 gold tokens away from my unicorn. i'm sure the others in my LB think i'm trying to win (b/c right now i'm first). but honestly i jsut want to get all i can out of this MH
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by VersaceMorrow View Post
    I have all forms of fire wolves, flygers, portals, armored lions and armored bears. I have one siren and I don't need more because I finished all the mermaid quests. I think all that's left are glimmer dragon and glimmer alicorns. If I'd started earlier I could get another cabbage hut but then I'm trying to replenish even more. I'm guessing I'm not the only one in this position because I've only been playing 4 years and others have been a lot longer.
    I ask because I now have all the unicorns and armoured alicorns, the siren, armoured bear, flyger, peacock, cabbage hut, armoured lion. I'll probably go for the glimmer alicorn next and then I don't know what. The armoured direwolf? Another three lions? Wizard portal? I hear grumblings about the Armoured direwolf and the wizard portal that makes me wonder if I should even bother to craft them at all...especially the direwolf since that's just so much mithril! I'm fast getting to the place where I'll just be crafting for the sake of getting rid of gold tokens since I'm not sure I want anything else. :-/