All previous events I have had a shortage of staff tokens. This one is flipped about and I'm short of swords. That's actually much more annoying.

I get the need for leaderboard events. S8 (and its shareholders) have to have some way of providing and ensuring enhanced game play for their big spenders. I'm not one, so would never expect to win. My spending is limited, in part because there's not a lot of point spending hugely on a game that often requires a greater time commitment than I can give. I bought some gems recently as I enjoyed the last couple of challenges so it felt worthwhile. But I could never spend the sort of money needed to win at something like this.

I also understand why they combine leaderboard events with MH. It gives casual players something to do while the spenders compete for top prizes. Personally I'm happy with chasing enough tokens for the feast dropper. I don't have any guaranteed feast drops, so he will be valuable to me. I started the event with 15 tokens in store and am 2 tokens away from being able to craft him and still break even.

I do find the events are getting dull though. We seem to have had a lot of hunt events recently. The mid range prizes aren't worth worrying for (I have enough trade certificates I'm making an expansion permit a day) and never change. And the lack of actual story bores me. When did we last have a story book event? What about some new storyline?

And it feels wasteful. The 'maxotaur' is a great creative idea - imagine him in a different event. We could be building a labyrinth or finding one, making crumbs for a trail and fighting off birds who eat them, then spinning yarn as a better idea... so much they could have done beyond "here's a new beast, let's **** it".