Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 7/11: Beast Master Challenge | *goals and inventory info on page 1*

Rhino Keeper
    All previous events I have had a shortage of staff tokens. This one is flipped about and I'm short of swords. That's actually much more annoying.

I get the need for leaderboard events. S8 (and its shareholders) have to have some way of providing and ensuring enhanced game play for their big spenders. I'm not one, so would never expect to win. My spending is limited, in part because there's not a lot of point spending hugely on a game that often requires a greater time commitment than I can give. I bought some gems recently as I enjoyed the last couple of challenges so it felt worthwhile. But I could never spend the sort of money needed to win at something like this.

I also understand why they combine leaderboard events with MH. It gives casual players something to do while the spenders compete for top prizes. Personally I'm happy with chasing enough tokens for the feast dropper. I don't have any guaranteed feast drops, so he will be valuable to me. I started the event with 15 tokens in store and am 2 tokens away from being able to craft him and still break even.

I do find the events are getting dull though. We seem to have had a lot of hunt events recently. The mid range prizes aren't worth worrying for (I have enough trade certificates I'm making an expansion permit a day) and never change. And the lack of actual story bores me. When did we last have a story book event? What about some new storyline?

And it feels wasteful. The 'maxotaur' is a great creative idea - imagine him in a different event. We could be building a labyrinth or finding one, making crumbs for a trail and fighting off birds who eat them, then spinning yarn as a better idea... so much they could have done beyond "here's a new beast, let's **** it".

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by federerGOAT View Post
    So how many golems can people **** in an hour?
    It's been a while since I have had to go full tilt on a boost. I usually just send all the crafts and leisurely **** a few golems, but want to maximise points this time.
    Just want to get an idea and see if I can overhaul first place.
    Energy is not a problem
    I can defeat 25 to 28 per hour, as long as Husband doesn't interrupt he flow :-)
    Happy hunting.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by wishtheywerereal View Post
    thought I was pretty much done, but then I double checked our incredible Inventory resource pages (thank you thank you SW and all who contribute to that!) and discovered that the armoured shadow wolf can drop trade tickets! D'oh! People who have them - are they worth it? They take up a lot of room and would need a dedicated expansion just for them.
    I have 4 armored shadow wolves. No they don't drop trade tix very often. But I love their combo drops, they're like a level 10 trade post and thanks to them I'm always maxed on food item like apple pie, orange cobbler, etc. They also drop skunkupies which I appreciate since my elven bird always asks for them. Strangely I also appreciate the mushroom drops from them (8 mushroom combo) since I make earthen blocks and beams often and thanks to them (and the trade post) I never have to collect mushrooms. They also drop a gold nugget sometimes, although this is almost as rare as trade ticket.

They're way worse than a trade post though since they have a 22 hr timer.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by federerGOAT View Post
    So how many golems can people **** in an hour?
    It's been a while since I have had to go full tilt on a boost. I usually just send all the crafts and leisurely **** a few golems, but want to maximise points this time.
    Just want to get an idea and see if I can overhaul first place.
    Energy is not a problem
    Assuming 1 hit per 2.5 seconds. That's 24 hits per minute or 1440 points per hour. With a boost that's 2880 points per hour.
    Please let us know if you achieve that speed lol

At point 1300 when we were supposed to get three mystery chests i had nothing arrive in my inventory. Were they supposed to be there?
    If they were I didnt get them

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Melany77 View Post
    They're way worse than a trade post though since they have a 22 hr timer.
    This is off-topic, so I'll keep it short, but do you have any idea where in the hub I can find more information on this trade post?

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by queens_ransom View Post
    This is off-topic, so I'll keep it short, but do you have any idea where in the hub I can find more information on this trade post?
    You need the Town Square Guide which I have linked in post 1.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sherlock221bbaker View Post
    At point 1300 when we were supposed to get three mystery chests i had nothing arrive in my inventory. Were they supposed to be there?
    If they were I didnt get them
    You don't get an actual chest but a pop up screen with either 1 or 2 or 3 pics on the screen showing what you've won. You might have received coins or cabbages etc.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    You need the Town Square Guide which I have linked in post 1.
    Thank you, SW! I had already gone there but hadn't found anything on "trade post" at first glance. I'll go look again. :-)
    ETA: Found it! Thanks again!

So advice. I was going for the Direwolf (I have 2), but because I got the armored Maxotaur, I am not going to make the 85 gold coins. Right now I have 75, so anyone have advice on what I should craft? Here are the things I haven't crafted.

Armored Kitsuncorn
    Armored Black Bear
    Armored Shadow Wolf
    Armored Dark Unicorn
    Armored Lion
    Armored Wyvern
    Armored Flyger
    Armored Kelpie
    Armored Siren