Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 7/11: Beast Master Challenge | *goals and inventory info on page 1*

Executive Chef
    I wouldn't mind 3rd place. 15 trade tickets.

Fashion Designer
    Don't forget, vineyard horse spawns golems and only has a 4 hour timer!
    No Gems For Runes!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by peachtreeshoppe View Post
    The new armored maxotaur isn't worth it to you? Feast dropper... Such a huge energy saver for me, worth at least 4 energy when it's a hearty feast, 5 for a spicy feast, 45 for a sweet feast. (I get a bunch of the ingredients from other collections but not all, and I always need to craft the chocolates and sundaes, often noodles... and collecting the feast itself would break even with the maxotaur - so a simple feast is a wash. Plus I dont need to rethink inventory over and over.)

If you're a lucky duck maxed on feasts, kudos to you!
    This is one of the problems of being a long time, avid daily player - you'll eventually get to the point where you're maxed on most things. Don't get me wrong, I went ahead and crafted the new guy as soon as I saw him. Both because I like to collect things and regardless of anything in the game - I am always a fan of the artwork. Luckily, I had enough Troll Tokens stored to craft him as soon as I logged in so I just had to decide whether or not to complete the milestones.

In the end I've decided that yes, I will complete the milestones and get the other Maxotaur but beyond that I'm not doing much of anything. The completionist in me would like to have the LB Prize, but I was honestly more inspired to try to get those silly puppets in the last event than I am to get anything in this one. Weird and totally unlike me but true. I normally go bananas crafting Troll Tokens but there genuinely doesn't seem to be a point for me to do so anymore.

Maybe this is personal growth for me but I'm hoping not, lol. I want to be excited and tap-happy for the Hunt once more; so s8 why don't you help a player out and make the Hunts worthwhile again?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by wishtheywerereal View Post
    I think I have hit a weird skid in the game. With storing energy and without the free refills, I am beginning to not want to upgrade my wizard portal or craft another armoured direwolf. It really does take years to repay energy, more than I had originally calculated. And I happily burned through all my energy in the beginning of this MH. It was GREAT fun.

I am thinking ahead to the next event, going in without anything saved. Hmmm. I might max out on armoured lions (1 more to go) and then start saving again. Perhaps ironically, if I weren't on the cusp of having a permanent energy reserve (one Black Friday event away) I might well do the WP upgrade, second WP, upgrade that, and then go for all the armoured direwolves. I am taking to heart what more advanced players have been advising.

I also realised that for the armoured lions, it isn't about getting the energy back, but getting a decent (ok, semi-decent) : ) supply of trade tickets. They WILL drop 3 tickets once a week or so. Even keeping the trade post going 24/7 it takes a huge amount of time to create the resources for expansion. Eventually, I would like to see that building busy w crafting permits and supplied w trade tickets via drops rather than trades.

I am in transition in the game and feeling my way through. Has been lovely to be able to front load the MH and craft our Brave Defender of the Realm and Supplier of Feasts early on. (Edit add) And thank you to all advanced players giving tips and advice of all sorts, to me and others. : )
    Right there with you..... the last sale with the FP alicorns for 100 gems, I didn't even bother. I am starting to rethink any time I see the prize is or may be an energy source, because after having skipped an event or two these past few months, I started this MH with over 17K energy. And I didn't start until this morning, because I had a weekend getaway with my husband and didn't want to be playing CS. So, while I am tempted to get the owl from the Baron's Tent this month, and the LB prize which will probably also be energy, part of me is meh about it.

That being said, I already have the 2 WP's and 4 AD's... but if I were to do it all over again I am not so sure I would.
    No Gems For Runes!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    This is one of the problems of being a long time, avid daily player - you'll eventually get to the point where you're maxed on most things. Don't get me wrong, I went ahead and crafted the new guy as soon as I saw him. Both because I like to collect things and regardless of anything in the game - I am always a fan of the artwork. Luckily, I had enough Troll Tokens stored to craft him as soon as I logged in so I just had to decide whether or not to complete the milestones.

In the end I've decided that yes, I will complete the milestones and get the other Maxotaur but beyond that I'm not doing much of anything. The completionist in me would like to have the LB Prize, but I was honestly more inspired to try to get those silly puppets in the last event than I am to get anything in this one. Weird and totally unlike me but true. I normally go bananas crafting Troll Tokens but there genuinely doesn't seem to be a point for me to do so anymore.

Maybe this is personal growth for me but I'm hoping not, lol. I want to be excited and tap-happy for the Hunt once more; so s8 why don't you help a player out and make the Hunts worthwhile again?

I was trying to figure out why I am so happy about the armored maxatour, when I am usually near maxed on all meals except the sweet one which is at about 35 right now. I think it is because I bought the splendid table during one of the sales, and now I want to balance out the every-other-day collection with an alternate every-other-day collection. Once the sweet feasts catch up to the rest I am not sure what I will do lol.
    No Gems For Runes!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by wishtheywerereal View Post
    Put away the kitchens?? ; )

Thanks for all the responses too. Hope it was romantic and lovely being w your husband in RL! : )

I love keeping feasts and pies well stocked, so I am thrilled with this new guy! If the splendid table comes up for sale again, I will be sure to buy it.

I think it was ASweets who said she had stocked up on gold tokens... Thankfully, there is no rush to craft an animal or building, so it is a good call.
    lol I seem to have a very hard time putting things away....I still keep out all of my farm animals, tons of them. Why???

And after the maxatour craft my gold tokens are getting close to max again. Thinking about a second cabbage hut, now with the bonuses for using them, but how to replenish the coins again when the trade wagon will be busy for 16 hours?
    No Gems For Runes!

Executive Chef
    whats the max number of staff tokens you can have? my sheld and sword tokens go hand in hand like you would expect. but my staff tokens have takens over. and of course i can't trade them out
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by shortdanzr View Post
    whats the max number of staff tokens you can have?
    120, just like the other ones. It says so on the back of the inventory card. ;-)

Nightclub Owner
    I feel bad for the person "competing" with me in my LB. I really am not trying to win the first place. I'm determined to get that last unicorn and a glimmer alicorn this monster hunt which means I'm going for as many gold tokens as I can. Poor girl has no meaningful energy sources and must be spending some serious gems and money to keep ahead of me. I hope she wins because she sure is determined! 😂

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by ratdogs4 View Post
    What have people been getting from the Maxotaur - the one that's the final individual prize? I've only gotten fur, bacon and coal so far. Pretty disappointed.
    I saw bacon and coins. I probably am maxed out on everything else it drops...at least I hope so! I see Max heading very quickly to storage shortly. I'm just keeping him out to see if anyone reports any magnificent drops...like a trade ticket, energy, mithril or some such wonderful thing.