Thread: How do boosts work for leaderboards

How do boosts work for leaderboards

Can someone please explain how boosts work. I have accumulated different eggs and heart time boosts by playing bingo. When I apply a boost to the evolution temple or breeding nest they only appear to decrease time by one hour. Are the boosts supposed to do different things? Thanks

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetlife007 View Post
    Can someone please explain how boosts work. I have accumulated different eggs and heart time boosts by playing bingo. When I apply a boost to the evolution temple or breeding nest they only appear to decrease time by one hour. Are the boosts supposed to do different things? Thanks
    The boost timer you mention is the 1hr countdown timer from start of activation. All boosts last only 1hr.
    A 5x boost will reduce the time remaining by 5hrs after 1hr.
    e. g.
    The 5hr Diamondates with a 2x boost will have 3hr remaining after
    1hr. A 2x boost means 1hr x2 will
    be deducted after 1hr. The boost timer icon counts down from 1hr after activation. The timer on the farms counts down at 2x for 1hr.

If you click on a farm with x2 boost activated, the highlighted farm time remaining will reduce by 2 seconds.

A x5 boost reduces time remaining by 5 seconds for each real time second.

A x10 boost reduces time remaining by 10 seconds for each real time second.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetlife007 View Post
    You mentioned that you earned some boosts in Bingo and are asking how these boosts work in the Leaderboard Events?

Okay, first off, I have to mention that these bingo-boosts do not increase your leaderboard score in the same way that the 1.5x and 2x leaderboard-boosts do; they do not have any multiplier effect on your score.

They are used in leaderboard events as time boosters (quickeners) so that the boosted tasks, breeding, hatching, planting, and evolving, may be completed in shorter times. Why is this important in the leaderboard events? Because the more of these tasks you complete, the higher your points will be on the leaderboard.

Consider this:

Planting Diamond Dates on a farm has a wait time of five hours before you may harvest them not just for the 800 dates, but also for the ten leaderboard points. If you apply a 10x Farming Boost to your farms at this time, it will reduce the five hours to 30 minutes; so if you timed the start of the boost carefully, you could have two rounds of harvest in the one hour that the 10x boosts runs. So if you had seven farms running, you would have collected a total of 7 (farms) x 2 (harvest) x 10 (LB points) = 140 LB points.

BUT if you have deep pockets and are willing to pay for and use gold in the game, then you may wish to combine the use of your bingo-boost with some gold.

To complete the growing of Diamond Dates on a non-boosted farm would cost you ten gold; farm-completions are priced at two gold per hour. On the other hand, once a 10x farm-boost is applied, it reduces the five hours completion time to 1/2 an hour for the first 30 minutes of the hour-long boost. That means that the gold cost for completing the Diamond Dates is also reduced from 10 gold to just one. So, if you had 350 gold to splurge, you would be able to do 50 rounds of Diamond Dates planting in that 30-minute window of the boost, giving you 7 (farms) x 50 (harvest) x 10 (LB points) = 3,500 LB points.

If you also had the 2x LB Points Boost running at this time, the 350 gold would have bagged you 7,000 LB points.

The example above is just a simple example of how you may use the many different bingo-boost during an LB event. When combined and used correctly, the breeding and hatching boosts can earn you far more LB points for the same (or lesser) amount of gold. This is because to complete any breeding or hatching costs only one gold per hour, and in the first 20 minutes or so of the boost, an eight-hour timer gets reduced to one hour. The downside of this is that you cannot execute this without the use of both the breeding and hatching boosts.

All of this explanation may sound/look complicated, or maybe it's just the way I explained it, but once you have tried it, everything will become clear.

The Honorable Panda
    This thread also has some useful information:

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1355285
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request