Quote Originally Posted by Ellerslie6 View Post
I?m glad that a lot of love goes into trophy design. However it takes a lot of gold or $ to have a real chance of acquiring them. The top 2 in my leaderboard already have around 250,000 points while those who can?t afford to ?buy? the trophies are BELOW 15,000 - i.e 235,000 behind.
In my view it is not a real competition when acquiring trophies is more about what you are prepared to spend than perseverance, strategy, s**** etc. And then there?s the fact that some players acquired multiple gold bearing dragons before the rules changed to limit the number we newer players can have. So all in all it is not an even playing field.

But then I am not too fussed about it. It is our choice whether we participate or not.
I believe that you are 100% correct that it is not a real, or at least fair competition. In any fair competition, all participants start with the same tools that can be used. In LB, that simply is not the case as some people have more resources than others. That could be gold that has been accumulated over time or it could be real money that they are able to spend. If the game was for real tangible prizes such as money, a trophy that could be put onto a mantle or a real live dragon, it would be terrible. The fact is though that it is a fantasy game. People who have the recourses to spend are entitled to spend them as they wish. Those who don?t can still play, but have no chance at the top prizes. Still though, they can compete and have fun if they can just realize that the only actual thing that the top prize winners get is the thrill of the chase and bragging rights. If you don?t take it too seriously, it can be fun