Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Universal Beauty Leaderboard Event June 28 2019

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellerslie6 View Post
    I?m glad that a lot of love goes into trophy design. However it takes a lot of gold or $ to have a real chance of acquiring them. The top 2 in my leaderboard already have around 250,000 points while those who can?t afford to ?buy? the trophies are BELOW 15,000 - i.e 235,000 behind.
    In my view it is not a real competition when acquiring trophies is more about what you are prepared to spend than perseverance, strategy, s**** etc. And then there?s the fact that some players acquired multiple gold bearing dragons before the rules changed to limit the number we newer players can have. So all in all it is not an even playing field.

But then I am not too fussed about it. It is our choice whether we participate or not.
    I believe that you are 100% correct that it is not a real, or at least fair competition. In any fair competition, all participants start with the same tools that can be used. In LB, that simply is not the case as some people have more resources than others. That could be gold that has been accumulated over time or it could be real money that they are able to spend. If the game was for real tangible prizes such as money, a trophy that could be put onto a mantle or a real live dragon, it would be terrible. The fact is though that it is a fantasy game. People who have the recourses to spend are entitled to spend them as they wish. Those who don?t can still play, but have no chance at the top prizes. Still though, they can compete and have fun if they can just realize that the only actual thing that the top prize winners get is the thrill of the chase and bragging rights. If you don?t take it too seriously, it can be fun

Ha! The 2nd Placer that ruined the GLB Sync pushing the others down to 3rd place has an interesting island name. She incorporated a Chinese sware phrase into her island.

他妈的 - literally translated means "his mother's...". But when used in this manner makes the name of her island out to be something like, "Bloody Dragon Island", or even possibly something more vulgar.

Whoa! Take a load of the name calling and swearing on her wall!
    Last edited by deadpixel; 07-05-19 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    Ha! The 2nd Placer that ruined the GLB Sync pushing the others down to 3rd place has an interesting island name. She incorporated a Chinese sware phrase into her island.

他妈的 - literally translated means "his mother's...". But when used in this manner makes the name of her island out to be something like, "Bloody Dragon Island", or even possibly something more vulgar.

Whoa! Take a load of the name calling and swearing on her wall!
    Yeah that person was really selfish to ruin the sync when everyone had so nicely synced on second place. I can't stand people who are so greedy like that. Every single leaderboard I ask the top 5-10 people if they want to sync and I send them multiple messages until they respond. I am MORE than happy to share and sync. Because of my doing this, the players I have synced with that never had synced before now go on to future leaderboards to ask others to sync. Sharing is a beautiful thing. I cannot stand greed. Greed and selfishness are ugly things that ruin everything for everyone. I am very proud that my first 2 of 3 gold trophies came from syncing. My third trophy (from this most recent space LB) would have been a trophy coming from Syncing, however the guy friggen ignored me the ENTIRE LB and would not reply once. It was really annoying. We both could have saved a LOT of gold instead of fighting each other for 1st place. If you won't agree to sync with me then I won't let you have first place! I have only just started participating in these LB events this year these past few months since I got my new iPhone. I never used to participate before so while I am a long time player, I only have trophies from these past few LB and one 3rd place from many years ago.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CD5EBBE0-4E17-4287-B3D6-D0C2C5B21E17.jpeg 
Views:	43 
Size:	344.1 KB 
ID:	52269
    I hope I can earn many more of those 1st place trophies from syncing with others! after all, sharing is caring!
    8+ years friendly DS player. I'm ⒶⓁⓌⒶⓎⓈ accepting active new neighbors, event item requests and maps. I also always reply to messages, message away or write on my wall to chat! Ⓜⓐⓡⓑⓛⓔ ⓚⓔⓨⓢ time requirements are the ⓦⓞⓡⓢⓣ!⃝

~✿❀✿~❃❁❃~✿❀✿~

Quote Originally Posted by Ellerslie6 View Post
    I?m glad that a lot of love goes into trophy design. However it takes a lot of gold or $ to have a real chance of acquiring them. The top 2 in my leaderboard already have around 250,000 points while those who can?t afford to ?buy? the trophies are BELOW 15,000 - i.e 235,000 behind.
    In my view it is not a real competition when acquiring trophies is more about what you are prepared to spend than perseverance, strategy, s**** etc. And then there?s the fact that some players acquired multiple gold bearing dragons before the rules changed to limit the number we newer players can have. So all in all it is not an even playing field.

But then I am not too fussed about it. It is our choice whether we participate or not.
    Although I understand your reasoning, I can't agree with you.

First, wow ! So you had 2 top global players on your local LB. That must have been frustrating and exciting at the same time.
    I've never had any global competitor in my local competition, the maximum points ever of a local winner was around 30,000.

LB isn't simply throwing gold at it. With or without using gold, you need to apply a strategy using it as effectively as possible.
    But using a lot of gold to win a trophy often isn't necessary.
    I just counted my trophies (I do display them proudly ) and own 24 of them, bit more than half of it gold, the rest silver/bronze. The most gold I've ever used in a single LB competition is about 20. I often see other players (at least with boosts, the rest I can't see of course) use more gold than I do, but often I still can give them a hard time for their money (gold) and regularly even win from them. And I've never been in a local competition where trophies have been won by syncing, only simply by battling till the end.

And although I like to win and display my trophies, I do appreciate it's a competition and not always being able to win them, give the ones I do win value.

Global LB is playing on another level (I mostly finish between 500 and 1000), which I watch in amazement. They do must put a lot of gold in it, but also a lot of time and s****.

About the gold bearing dragons, those cost between 1500 and 4000 gold and earn just 1 gold daily. That means between 4 and 11 years ROI (except Gold Horizon, which you can win with Adventure tickets and gives you 4 gold daily). So I don't believe that is the most lucrative source for gold....

While there is an element of luck, a lot of strategy and hard work still goes into winning leaderboards. I'm a free player (never bought gold) so I don't 'buy' my wins and the last handful of gold trophies were from making friends and negotiating syncs. I work hard to plan my hatchings and evolutions, and farm like mad. I use every bomb and dynamite for food prizes. I used to be able to win outright in the first 2 years of LB but my strategies are getting found out by other players so it is getting harder to win. S8 has also tweaked LBs to eliminate some of my advantages, like my storage full of eggs that I can chose the best ultra/super rare hatching time out of. I need to keep coming up with new strategies, and the psychology near the finish is always pretty important. I scope out my competition by visiting their islands and apply the right strategy based on my assessment, so I'm not wasting resources that could be useful for the next LB.

Just from this last one I ended up with only silver but I probably only 2x boosted 4 times, twice on a 50% discount near the end. I didn't use any gold for farm/hatch/evo timer boosts to speed breed/farm. I finished the previous event early so I had eggs, farms and evolutions ready to go at the start. Multiple mining, essence and battle dragons ready to pop. Crux ready to pop onto a nest for a 26 hour hatch. Multiple 20+ hour evolutions ready. I ended up only 1000 away from no1 but I felt the other player had spent more real money to deserve it. This game does need real spending players after all, and they deserve to have a good time for what they spend. I probably need more silvers anyway to complete my message
    Last edited by JustKay; 07-07-19 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by elmarco11
    I've never had any global competitor in my local competition, the maximum points ever of a local winner was around 30,000.

About the gold bearing dragons, those cost between 1500 and 4000 gold and earn just 1 gold daily. That means between 4 and 11 years ROI (except Gold Horizon, which you can win with Adventure tickets and gives you 4 gold daily). So I don't believe that is the most lucrative source for gold....
    You've been lucky to only have encountered a 30,000 player so far.

For the record, all the gold giving dragons give you up to 5 gold daily at full levels (10 or 15 for later releases). Still not great but better than one daily. Gold horizon gives u 5 too but you have to feed him more than a million apples to get him to level 15.

Good luck with your trophy collecting!

I agree. Including the fact that we need big gold spenders for the paycheck of the developers, otherwise we wouldn't have this game to play.
    I'm a free player aswell. For me it's the challenge to accomplish (almost) all targets and gather as many dragons as possible with continuously improving my strategies for the different challenges. Gets more and more tinkering with the details however, increasingly wondering how long I can keep accomplishing the goals.

Actually the greatest challenge for me will soon be how to maintain enough space for new habitats for all those new dragons. I'm afraid soon that won't be possible anymore without spending gold and extra space is expensive (would now for me cost 320 gold per habitat and increasing)

Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    .... For the record, all the gold giving dragons give you up to 5 gold daily at full levels (10 or 15 for later releases). Still not great but better than one daily. ...
    OK, thx4info. Wasn't aware of that (still learning something new, but won't be spending 1 million apples for the extra one gold daily...).
    Still a very longterm investment in gold and apples, so I don't begrudge the ones who invest that much to get their ROI (in gold, not even the spent apples) in about 1 to 3/4 years, depending on the costs of the different dragons.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AraRaider View Post
    Yeah that person was really selfish to ruin the sync when everyone had so nicely synced on second place. I can't stand people who are so greedy like that. Every single leaderboard I ask the top 5-10 people if they want to sync and I send them multiple messages until they respond. I am MORE than happy to share and sync. Because of my doing this, the players I have synced with that never had synced before now go on to future leaderboards to ask others to sync. Sharing is a beautiful thing. I cannot stand greed. Greed and selfishness are ugly things that ruin everything for everyone. I am very proud that my first 2 of 3 gold trophies came from syncing. My third trophy (from this most recent space LB) would have been a trophy coming from Syncing, however the guy friggen ignored me the ENTIRE LB and would not reply once. It was really annoying. We both could have saved a LOT of gold instead of fighting each other for 1st place. If you won't agree to sync with me then I won't let you have first place! I have only just started participating in these LB events this year these past few months since I got my new iPhone. I never used to participate before so while I am a long time player, I only have trophies from these past few LB and one 3rd place from many years ago.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CD5EBBE0-4E17-4287-B3D6-D0C2C5B21E17.jpeg 
Views:	43 
Size:	344.1 KB 
ID:	52269
    I hope I can earn many more of those 1st place trophies from syncing with others! after all, sharing is caring!
    Players who don't sync are playing the event as designed. Syncing scores is an exploit of the system, but it's one that we have not taken action against because players who reach the same score deserve the same reward and it's not been harmful to the game so far.

Harassing or attempting to punish players for not participating in an unsanctioned manipulation of the system isn't acceptable and if it becomes an issue, we may reconsider the rule.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    Players who don't sync are playing the event as designed. Syncing scores is an exploit of the system, but it's one that we have not taken action against because players who reach the same score deserve the same reward and it's not been harmful to the game so far.

Harassing or attempting to punish players for not participating in an unsanctioned manipulation of the system isn't acceptable and if it becomes an issue, we may reconsider the rule.
    So glad you posted this..the player that took second in the last global, had to put up with many harassing untasteful posts..I say ..its only a game and play it how you will,I think S8 should not allow multiples to share the same prize..this would then make it more of a competition.The
    ones who get the high scores think its fair.but if they really wanted to play fair, they would have lower points so more could do the same..so they are greedy and just sore losers.

Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post

Excuse me, but are you directing this to me or in general? If you are directing this to me, where did I say I was harassing them? Let alone punishing them?????? Where on earth in my post did I EVER say that? Did I go to someone's wall and make fun of someone? Absolutely NOT! I have NEVER gone to someone's wall and been mean to them or said nasty things. EVER! All I said is that if someone doesn’t want to sync, I play to win which has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with harassment that’s simply playing the LB event. I'm allowed to think a behaviour is selfish, the act of someone being unwilling to share IS selfish, that's what I was a taught, doesn't mean I'm going out of my way to go patronize someone for it, eg, harassment. All I have to do is simply collect more points than the other person to play to win if they don’t want to sync with me. That's also not punishment... It's me simply playing the game exactly as the game intended us to is it not? I have ALWAYS, ALWAYS been polite asking others to sync. I would never force anyone to do anything. I only ask a few times if someone wants to sync because I know they might not get the message ping when I send the message or they flat out don’t check their messages so sometimes they don’t get the message until it is super late. But I'm NEVER MEAN OR THREATENING! I ask if they would like to please sync with me so that we can save money. So I don't care for your negative assumption and depiction of my post what so ever when I never have done any such thing. I implore you to check all my messages I have ever sent anyone in the whole game. You will NOT find ANY Mean messages from me being nasty to other players because I don't abuse other players!

You may have directed this response in general, but you QUOTED me! Therefore it looks like you were directing that TO me and accusing me, therefore if it was directed at me I am offended because it's completely untrue when I have never done such a thing. EVER! All my messages to everyone in the whole game who has ever messaged me and those whom I have ever messaged have only ever been polite if I was asking others to sync or I have been help answering questions as I CONSTANTLY have questions for help asking how to breed this and that or how to do this and so on and I am more than happy to help and answer all these questions. So I am not particularly pleased that you would assume I would do such a thing.
    Last edited by AraRaider; 07-10-19 at 03:57 AM.
    8+ years friendly DS player. I'm ⒶⓁⓌⒶⓎⓈ accepting active new neighbors, event item requests and maps. I also always reply to messages, message away or write on my wall to chat! Ⓜⓐⓡⓑⓛⓔ ⓚⓔⓨⓢ time requirements are the ⓦⓞⓡⓢⓣ!⃝

~✿❀✿~❃❁❃~✿❀✿~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast