Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 6/27: No Strings Attached | goals and inventory info on page 1

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by wishtheywerereal View Post

Keep playin'! : ) Short Danzr's advice seems pretty fun from here... Edit add: I am doing it level by level so I can go back to regular play in between the tougher drops. Actually very very pleasant to have an event that does not require babysitting!
    I am also doing this level by level. Now that I'm waiting on Ivy (22 more hours until I can make 3 Thomas puppets), I am getting the resources for 4 of each puppet. Then I split my energy between event items and my kingdom.

I'm not sure I will try for the chests each day (until I have enough fangbeasts fur and popcorn, I will complete atleast 1) because I got the fangbeasts prize (not worth it, low coins, unimpressive drops) and I get 1-5 bouquets.

Regular fangbeasts spawn from gab trees and chickens for me.

I've got 7 farmhouses and usually get 1 special fangbeast.

the stables dont seem to be dropping swords very often.
    Last 2-3 times i have got nothing

Rhino Keeper
    What is the transfiguration potion about? It drops stuff?

Rhino Keeper
    FYI, the Mushroom Turtle dropped Green Feathers, oddly enough.

Just a share - creating an 'entertainment area' inspired by another player's post. Thank you! : ) Will need to make a couple more white benches.
    : ) So much fun!
    Attachment 52202
    Yes I have a whole carnival ever since Baron?s event! Putting this in town center for space but it will probably end up there.

Still hate when a place is based on luck. 4 tries at the stables so far and no swords.
    Last edited by janddolphins; 06-29-19 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Im not too smart
    Proud Owner: Dolphin Palace
    Play often, help w/ requests & gifts. Looking for 1-2 40+ to exchange wisps I have great neighbors I gift but they?re often full. I gift back in order so it would be 1-2 days

Love the game & aesthetics, want it to look real/fun & true! During quests sadly aesthetics put aside for collections, but happy when over. Have expansions to improve as well!
    Still part of the confirmation button club!

Life is more fun if you play games" - Roald Dahl 

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by linmii View Post
    I have collected from my 3 stables, 3 times today and have not received a sword. Why, oh why does S8 create these kind of ridiculous random drop rates in timed events? Come on S8, a game should be FUN to play not annoying!
    I?m into the second day of collecting nothing from my stables - absolutely worst drop rate i?ve seen!

and just did 2 more collections with no sword drops. that’s two full days with no drop. something has to change or it’s no use going forward on this quest. frustrating!!
    Last edited by awesome6204; 06-29-19 at 01:27 PM.

Executive Chef
    Also, power of randomness - stables gave me a sword each this morning. Drop rate still way below 33% for me. *Nothing* yesterday w 5 collections (!) and splurging on gemming through an extra try. That is a 16.67% drop rate. 33% would be an easy finish. However, as I know from troll camp experience, it seems strangely regular that I somehow manage to finish on time or early as drop rates get better towards the end of the event.

Keep playin'! : ) Short Danzr's advice seems pretty fun from here... Edit add: I am doing it level by level so I can go back to regular play in between the tougher drops. Actually very very pleasant to have an event that does not require babysitting!
    lol my advice is fun? wow-no one has ever accused me of that before. LOL just kidding. do you know, when i read that, i could't even remember what i wrote?! i had to go back and search! i'm at goal 8 (i had a good amount of energy stored up at the begining that i burned through & i started as a level 44 so i still have the lower level goals). i have plenty of sabina puppets. 3 of the 4 thurston puppets. ivy is the hold up for me w/ thomas staffs. and at least with the daily goals, it gives me an excuse to clean up a lot of the detritus in my kingdom
    i too enjoy knowing that i don't have to login every 1.5 hours for a chance of gears. i don't like the long wait for ivy. but as long as it is something guaranteed drop (unlike the troll camp that one time), i'm ok w/ it. i can work on all of my other insane # of tasks in my goal book
    this is a pleasant event to me. something you do have to work on. focus on. but not **** yourself over.
    Last edited by shortdanzr; 06-29-19 at 07:14 AM.
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Fashion Designer
    Just reporting back. Finally got some swords from my stables.
    From five collections, so 10, I have 3 swords. Got none for the first seven, then three in a row. Yay!

Rhino Keeper
    What does Gertrude give us.... I rarely get to the end of these things unless I use gems to move along.... so now I’ll only concentrate on games where the item at the end gives me something worthwhile.

My other pet peeve pn all these things is 99% of these things you build, you can’t sell off... so wish they were or we had a tab in inventory where we can send stuff you don’t need anymore...

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by wealthyrich View Post
    What is the transfiguration potion about? It drops stuff?
    Expanding on wishtheywerereal's answer: If you look at the photos on Page 1 of this thread, you'll see one that has 2 Gertrudes. The Gertrude on the left looks like a wooden puppet while the one on the right looks completely human. At the end, we'll be asked to use the potion to either keep her a puppet or make her a 'real' girl.

Personally, I'm going to keep the puppet look. We've got so very many walkers and most of those are regular human-y types. I much prefer the animal/monster type walkers to really show that this is a fantasy based realm.

Quote Originally Posted by 1ch1ps View Post
    What does Gertrude give us.... I rarely get to the end of these things unless I use gems to move along.... so now I’ll only concentrate on games where the item at the end gives me something worthwhile.

My other pet peeve pn all these things is 99% of these things you build, you can’t sell off... so wish they were or we had a tab in inventory where we can send stuff you don’t need anymore...
    Pretty sure Gertrude will be a walker-type character.