Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: GOAL: Sandy Daze - 2019 Jun 25 (15 Days)

Rhino Keeper
    OMG, pliz stop with the tray, for once i thought the sugarstar cookies would be cute on a plate, and No, you have to decide to serve it on a tray T.T

Nightclub Owner
    The counter presentation of the Sugarstar Cookies leaves much to be desired which is a shame because I thought they were adorable when I first saw them. Sooooo sick of seeing all these recipes just lying on a cookie sheet - how uninspired can you get?

When I'm choosing which recipes to make (to match my theme) I look at counter presentation, not how it looks while cooking or even when it's served. There are so many recipes that I flat out refuse to cook after I've mastered them because their counter appearance is off-putting.
    We know they can make recipes look beautiful on the counter so there's no excuse in my book for them to keep giving us these eye-sores instead!

EDIT: @cuzie65. Great minds think alike, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovetodesign View Post
    Good news. I actually maybe able to do this goal and finish. Just found out the status of my iPad. They are replacing it, and it looks like it may arrive tomorrow sometime.
    Anyways, hopefully everything will work and transfer to the new iPad. If not, I guess I might need to contact support. Should I go ahead and tell them I might need help or just wait?
    I've PM'd you on this subject.

Rhino Keeper
    I agree! I loved how the recipes looked in the cookbook but once I saw them on counters... I'm really dissapointed. I loved the sugarstar cookies but they look really plain on the counter, and the sandy apple crumb looks different from the cookbook. Not what I was expecting! I don't think is that difficult to design them

Farm Supplier
    I feel like the mid-summer goals are typically not that inspired, which is odd given the number of themes you can play around with. But personally I do think as a forum folks complain a little too much. Of course S8 wants us to be happy - their business is hardly off the charts and they're doing what they can to keep this going while still turning some kind of profit (they're not a charity after all). Maybe we should be a bit more encouraging to the official mods that drop in (if they do of course).

The new counters for example - certainly kooky with items on top, but if you like the design, you can always clear any recipes that land on them. It's what I've been doing - I have one by my door and it looks charming

Executive Chef
    Look how nice these sugar star cookies are on the plate when you open the recipe to cook it. Then you serve it and they are beyond ugly on another ugly cookie sheet!!! What gives with the cookie sheets, have they completely given up. This is basic stuff here, how do you design it perfectly in one place and not another. I’m so tired of the lack of attention to detail and I’m tired of complaining about it to myself so I came here to vent about it, sorry. Do better S8 we spend real money on this game.
    "Style is a simple way of saying complicated things"
    (Jean Cocteau)
    "Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all"
    (Harriet Van Horne)
    "If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave"
    (Mo Willems)

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by AuntyRose32 View Post
    Look how nice these sugar star cookies are on the plate when you open the recipe to cook it. Then you serve it and they are beyond ugly on another ugly cookie sheet!!! What gives with the cookie sheets, have they completely given up. This is basic stuff here, how do you design it perfectly in one place and not another. I’m so tired of the lack of attention to detail and I’m tired of complaining about it to myself so I came here to vent about it, sorry. Do better S8 we spend real money on this game.
    We should start a club, lol.

The thing is, I don't think I would mind the trays as much if I didn't know they could pretty up the counter presentation, ya know? And if only like one out of 12 new recipes had the cookie sheet on the counter, I'd probably be able to live with that. There are just entirely too many recipes with this 'presentation' lately and it's disappointing to know that they can't be bothered to put in the effort.

Rhino Keeper
    This is crazy. I finished the side goal already. Rs side goal was nuts last time.

Quote Originally Posted by tatermaters View Post
    This is crazy. I finished the side goal already. Rs side goal was nuts last time.
    I also have finished the side goal already. Would of been nice to have an item that took a little bit longer to cook. I completely agree with you that the RS side goal was nuts last time. The new goal that started today is not bad.

Fashion Designer
    AAAAAAND we have another tray presentation...I actually don't know if I like it or not but yeah, I'm not fans of trays too

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bakery_story-2019-06-28-07-46-54.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	126.9 KB 
ID:	52205
    Jared,19

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by tatermaters View Post
    This side goal is the easiest and fastest one to finish for me so far. The last ones had issues and bugs so I got discouraged even before I started on it. Hopefully the next one will be okay too!
    Jared,19

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast