Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: GOAL: Sandy Daze - 2019 Jun 25 (15 Days)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Naya2017 View Post
    I feel like the mid-summer goals are typically not that inspired, which is odd given the number of themes you can play around with. But personally I do think as a forum folks complain a little too much. Of course S8 wants us to be happy - their business is hardly off the charts and they're doing what they can to keep this going while still turning some kind of profit (they're not a charity after all). Maybe we should be a bit more encouraging to the official mods that drop in (if they do of course).

The new counters for example - certainly kooky with items on top, but if you like the design, you can always clear any recipes that land on them. It's what I've been doing - I have one by my door and it looks charming
    I get where you are coming from by saying people complain to much on the forum. Unfortunately there has been a lot to complain about, especially if you are a long time player who knows how wonderful the game used to be. It is hard to be encouraging when there have been so many missed opportunities lately. Last goal-Bee items on the shaved ice maker? Dog prizes for peach related ovens? This goal-sheet pans of what look like undecorated Christmas star cookies and glass pans of brown whatever? It’s summer- giving us something colorful can’t be that hard. The forum is the only place to express likes and dislikes.

I do love your idea of using new counters as deco. Very cute!

Farm Supplier
    The Sugarstar Cookies look like holiday cookies on the tray to me.....sort of random for a summer goal. I guess Christmas in July is a thing for some.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Daengel View Post
    AAAAAAND we have another tray presentation...I actually don't know if I like it or not but yeah, I'm not fans of trays too

Attachment 52205
    I'm with you on that one... I do like the way it's spilling out of the bucket - very original and lovely to look at but I'm genuinely unsure how I feel about the tray. Does it take away from the beauty of the recipe or can I ignore it? Only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by KeiYos View Post
    I agree! I loved how the recipes looked in the cookbook but once I saw them on counters... I'm really dissapointed. I loved the sugarstar cookies but they look really plain on the counter, and the sandy apple crumb looks different from the cookbook. Not what I was expecting! I don't think is that difficult to design them

The sandy apple crumb cake looks to be in a casserole dish. :/

How far is everyone on this?
    I have 8 more Fruit Cakes on the side goals to do. Even with starting it a bit late.
    ​Amy

Rhino Keeper
    Add me to the Hate the Trays club.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    I'm with you on that one... I do like the way it's spilling out of the bucket - very original and lovely to look at but I'm genuinely unsure how I feel about the tray. Does it take away from the beauty of the recipe or can I ignore it? Only time will tell.
    Yep, I decided that it was good, the color is sparkling blue and it seems good on it's own so yeah...I didn't complain too much.
    I was looking forward for the donut crabs because it's my favorite on the recipe book, I've been wondering how pretty it'd be and then....

WHAT.
    The counter display of it just threw me outta this world like how that seemed a bit...scary imo

Ok, I complained too much but just this time, I wish they're on a tray, those crabs.
    Jared,19

Nightclub Owner
    Now that I've seen the Donut Crabs I can't help but wonder why they didn't use the wooden board display for the Sparkling Seashells. That would've looked much neater and more 'presented' I think.

As for the Crabs, they probably should've stuck with just setting one on each corner the board (like they did with the other board presented recipes) instead of cramming them on so it looks like the crabs are either swarming or fighting, lol.

But on to the positive - I think the recipes themselves are all very well done and lovely. Kudos on that front, s8.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Now that I've seen the Donut Crabs I can't help but wonder why they didn't use the wooden board display for the Sparkling Seashells. That would've looked much neater and more 'presented' I think.

As for the Crabs, they probably should've stuck with just setting one on each corner the board (like they did with the other board presented recipes) instead of cramming them on so it looks like the crabs are either swarming or fighting, lol.

But on to the positive - I think the recipes themselves are all very well done and lovely. Kudos on that front, s8.
    They've been using the wooden board a lot for recent recipes. That or tray, I guess.

Oooh! That!! I think that's what I've been waiting for! 4 crabs on the wooden board or just 3 like they usually did with cupcakes recipe. Too many crabs on the wooden board looks a bit unsettling lol

I'm with you on that one, the recipes. I love the recipes of the stove ever since I saw that on this thread post number one. I haven't unlocked the last one yet, still doing my crabs but I'm looking forward to it.
    It's nice to have the beach/sea/pirate theme for summer, at least I understand the reason and see the correlation of the recipes and oven.
    Jared,19

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovetodesign View Post
    How far is everyone on this?
    I have 8 more Fruit Cakes on the side goals to do. Even with starting it a bit late.
    I finished the side goal in a few days, but I started it on day 1. I love the beach hut as the goal prize. It’s awesome! Have fun baking!
    Accepting new neighbors level 30 and up! God bless you all!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast