Thread: Battle Arena difficulty turned up?

Battle Arena difficulty turned up?

So I have been noticing the past tournament and this new tournament seem to be different. The starting level dragons are insanely OP.. I?m getting beaten left right and center by stupid baby dragons now numerous times over and over and over and over again despite using the dragons that they?re completely weak against and I was wondering...what the heck is going on? Why on earth does a Daywing level 8 dragon win REPEATEDLY against a level 11 wardrum dragon, a level 10 dark angel dragon, a level 13 kitsune dragon over and over and over again? It?s not just this dragon as an opponent either. Pretty much every single dragon at the starting levels of the tournament is a struggle now unlike never before where I used to soar through the first 15 rounds easy peasy. I have no doubt in my mind the battle arena difficulty has been turned up...is this another gold grab method or am I just having crazy bad luck? There?s no way I can be having this bad of luck this many times? Anyone else seeing this?
    8+ years friendly DS player. I'm ⒶⓁⓌⒶⓎⓈ accepting active new neighbors, event item requests and maps. I also always reply to messages, message away or write on my wall to chat! Ⓜⓐⓡⓑⓛⓔ ⓚⓔⓨⓢ time requirements are the ⓦⓞⓡⓢⓣ!⃝

~✿❀✿~❃❁❃~✿❀✿~

Yes I see the same thing with mine and I don’t have many champ dragons.

I feel like the tournament has gotten more difficult lately. I used to breeze through the first 15 dragons and now stupid little level 3ms are knocking me out....so I hear ya...it’s frustrating lol.
    8+ years friendly DS player. I'm ⒶⓁⓌⒶⓎⓈ accepting active new neighbors, event item requests and maps. I also always reply to messages, message away or write on my wall to chat! Ⓜⓐⓡⓑⓛⓔ ⓚⓔⓨⓢ time requirements are the ⓦⓞⓡⓢⓣ!⃝

~✿❀✿~❃❁❃~✿❀✿~

Fashion Designer
    Yup same here, about two tournaments ago I decided to give it a go and I lost two out of the first three battles against the easiest opponents and I decided it was not worth the hassle and pain for just some created super rare that they keep making over and over. The game used to be more fun and the rewards were attainable and interesting. Now its just a huge blob mess and it is against the player rather than making it an experience with and for the player.

I wont battle regularly even though I have some of the top best dragons because this has lost the fun and creativity, the game jumped the shark long ago.

New Resident
    I don't know if it has gotten more difficult for me recently, but it certainly goes through spells where it seems overly difficult, or way against the percentages in the calculator anyway. The last tournament I lost 3 of the first 4 tries, all with 90% winners. (I have a pack of level 15 champs and diamonds by now.) It's happened before as well though.

Some months back I started keeping track of wins and losses by the win percentage the calculator gives. Someone mentioned that winning is harder on iOS (what I use) compared to Android. And also I was frustrated by the losing when I should have a very high chance of winning. I had mostly given up on tourneys because of this, just to avoid the frustration. I think I have won one of the last 15 or so. Here's the data for me. I don't necessarily feel the need to use a 90% winner anymore, since it doesn't work out that way. I appear to get jipped just a little at the high levels, consistently.

90% Calculator: 54 wins out of 68 tries, 79% actual wins
    85%: 43 of 54, 80%
    80%: 39 of 51, 76%
    75%: 35 of 51, 69%
    *** Why is there no 70%?? ***
    65%: 48 of 73, 66%
    60%: 28 of 39, 72%
    55%: 9 of 17, 53%
    *** Why is there no 50%?? ***
    45%: 13 of 22, 59%

I don't have many battles with percentages below this anymore.

New Resident
    My luck goes through phases, but typically longer strings of bad luck than good. In the last tourney I lost 9 in a row to Gilded Knight with 15 diamond and 15 achilles alternating. So didn't get close to finishing the tourney. Anyway, here is an update on the win/loss for me. It feels like either the calculator is off or I am just really unlucky over the last 300 or so battles. Especially at the highest levels, so I have stopped feeding dragons to 15 when it clearly does not help in battles.

90% Calculator: 65 wins out of 82 tries, 79% actual wins
    85%: 49 of 65, 75%
    80%: 52 of 66, 79% (CLOSE!!)
    75%: 44 of 64, 69%
    65%: 64 of 96, 67%
    60%: 34 of 50, 68%
    55%: 14 of 27, 52%
    45%: 18 of 35, 51%
    25%: 7 of 31, 23%

Yes, I agree and the videos don’t work most of the time either. Almost too hard to bother.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrycastleorchard View Post
    Yes, I agree and the videos don?t work most of the time either. Almost too hard to bother.

I know exactly what you mean. It is super annoying how the videos do not work properly 75% of the time. It has been an ongoing problem they have been aware of for many many months but it has not been fixed...what do they even do with all the money they make from this game? they make an obscene amount of money but yet they do not fix the bugs or messed up dragons I do not understand.

~✿❀✿~❃❁❃~✿❀✿~