Thread: Eek. Need help with crafting my first dragon

Rhino Keeper

Eek. Need help with crafting my first dragon

Omg I just made it to the 1600 essences saved! Woohoo!! Yippee. Soooo excited. I want to craft a fighter champ. I’m terrified I’ll make a mistake...

I’ve read and re read all my notes on this. Skyharbor has helpfully provided me with a list of fighters to get. So why do I feel terrified haha

Question 1) I’ve got my eyes on Glasswing or Valiant. But I could only find Glasswing in the codex. Couldn’t see Valiant anywhere. There’s a Neo Valiant, but he’s not craftable?

Question 2) I just noticed these aren’t pure champs, but a mix of other elements. Is it still ok to craft either one of them? I’m just worried because it has taken me soooo looooong to save up 1600 essences, so it might be Xmas that I’ll be able to get another 1600

Question 3) when I craft it, how long does it take? A few minutes? Hours? Or the same duration as the incubation time? I have to plan ahead as we’re in the middle of Tales and need to craft stuff for it.

Thank you so much guys for helping me

Quote Originally Posted by cosmolife View Post
    Omg I just made it to the 1600 essences saved! Woohoo!! Yippee. Soooo excited. I want to craft a fighter champ. I’m terrified I’ll make a mistake...

I’ve read and re read all my notes on this. Skyharbor has helpfully provided me with a list of fighters to get. So why do I feel terrified haha

Question 1) I’ve got my eyes on Glasswing or Valiant. But I could only find Glasswing in the codex. Couldn’t see Valiant anywhere. There’s a Neo Valiant, but he’s not craftable?

Question 2) I just noticed these aren’t pure champs, but a mix of other elements. Is it still ok to craft either one of them? I’m just worried because it has taken me soooo looooong to save up 1600 essences, so it might be Xmas that I’ll be able to get another 1600

Question 3) when I craft it, how long does it take? A few minutes? Hours? Or the same duration as the incubation time? I have to plan ahead as we’re in the middle of Tales and need to craft stuff for it.

Thank you so much guys for helping me
    Congrats! Your perseverance is about to pay off

1) They're both great fighting dragons but I do find myself using Glasswing somewhat more than I use Valiant. Did you use the Diamond filter in the Codex to see if Valiant is in there?

2) Pure champions are useful in certain fights, but you are likely to find yourself using Glasswing more than a pure champion.

3) It's instantaneous. The egg that is. Make sure you have an empty nest available. The hatching time will depend on which dragon you choose to craft.

Executive Chef
    I know you don't care for my input, cosmolife, but I would second what deadpixel said: Glasswing is probably better than Valiant.

Congrats on getting 1600 Essence! I bet the next 1600 will come faster. As you get more and more dragons that you keep, you will also get more and more duplicates of those dragons, and I assume that you will want to trade the duplicates for Essence. Believe me, after a while, it becomes very rare to breed a dragon that is not a duplicate of something you already have. I sell the commons straight off the nest and don't even bother with trading them for 2 Essence, but I disenchant everything that I don't want that gives 10 Essence or more. I know some people don't bother if it gives less than 40 Essence, but I always go for the 10, too.

Nightclub Owner
    Congrats! If you want my 2 cents, Glasswing FTW!! I use that dragon more than all my others put together!! Glasswing is my #1 fighter
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Banned
    Congratulations Cosmolife on getting to that magic 1600. I agree with deadpixel and mymonta as well. Definitely craft Glasswing first but be prepared for her to be very hungry. It will take a lot of apples to get her to level 15. However, she has a lot of power starting at level 7 too.

Heh, it’s funny that you made this post I’m actually going to have 1600 essence myself in 6 more hours I will have a total of 1604 essence and it is the first time I have EVER saved up this much essence. I was planning on getting Glasswing for my first 1600 Essence because I constantly see it as one of the best and strongest most appropriate matches against enemy dragons. I highly recommend it. Just like the others said, you will use glasswing more not to mention it is GORGEOUS! If you want a pure single element champion dragon to save for next get Stalwart! it’s a one element champion dragon only and doesn’t have any extra types only champion! I am saving up for him or moonrise next and will get the other after of whatever I didn’t pick first out of those two! But yeah, definitely go with glasswing! I’m getting mine in 6 hours and couldn’t be more excited!
    8+ years friendly DS player. I'm ⒶⓁⓌⒶⓎⓈ accepting active new neighbors, event item requests and maps. I also always reply to messages, message away or write on my wall to chat! Ⓜⓐⓡⓑⓛⓔ ⓚⓔⓨⓢ time requirements are the ⓦⓞⓡⓢⓣ!⃝

~✿❀✿~❃❁❃~✿❀✿~

Fashion Designer
    My level 14 Glasswing is my go to if I want to win a fight and am not sure about other dragons - he's my primary in the later battles of the tournaments. Highly recommend him. Bit expensive to feed up but worth it in my opinion.