Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 6/13: A Tinkerer's Tale | goals and inventory on page 1

Farm Supplier
    This is absolutely ridiculous. 3 times this morning I have collected from broken robots only to get 1 or 2 gears! That is not even enough to keep both workshops going. Surely S8 realizes that attempts to force boosting & buying parts with gems only angers the players & actually deters gem spending rather than encourage it?

After the debacle from last event, I'm sadly a little jaded & frustrated. We'll see how it goes but I fear that I'm going to lose interest. When hope is the first casualty, motivation falls away next. And if I'm not motivated, I don't buy gems. Hope you're paying attention, S8.

Rhino Keeper
    I have skipped this event. Not going to let a game cause me stress. Back to hoarding energy till something worthwhile comes along

From the pet monkey, I have also gotten a simple feast twice and a hearty feast once, making it worth collecting from. I also have the robot Phoenix (which has not dropped items of interest, usually a few wood), which I say in case it boosts pet monkey drops.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by manusing View Post
    Only one gear this time! It is worse than ever .... and as I can?t connect every 2hours.... unless S8 does something, I won?t be able to finish.... Who is programming these quest? Somebody from mars who think a day last 48 hours!!!!
    Hmmm maybe S8 is starting to program events so that we MUST spend $ and/or use gems to finish
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    Hmmm maybe S8 is starting to program events so that we MUST spend $ and/or use gems to finish
    They did once an event that was gem based, the uproar was tremendous. This event is feasible, see page 1. Although the old gears drops isn't tremendous, I will have my second pig in a few hours. I am on track compared to page 1 calculation.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    They did once an event that was gem based, the uproar was tremendous. This event is feasible, see page 1. Although the old gears drops isn't tremendous, I will have my second pig in a few hours. I am on track compared to page 1 calculation.
    Well, from the postings it seems people aren't getting an average of 1 old gear per 2 robots. I bought the first package, am logging in 6-8 times a day, and am about where you are. And I don't have an excess 30 old gears that came in the package left over, I have 2-9. I am getting zero to 3 old gears per collect, a rare 4 on occasion. We need to be getting 3-4 or more per collect. So IMO unless the old gear drop rates increase, many won't make it without gemming or spending $. And this would be the first event I played since starting this game approximately 2 years ago that purchasing a package at the beginning of an event, and playing fairly constantly, won't get me the final item.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 06-17-19 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Removed references to Dragon Story - off topic
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)

Nightclub Owner
    I'm crafting my second Flying Machine right now and am feeling pretty sick and tired of the monotony of gather Old Gears and crafting Industrial Beams and Blocks. Even though this event is a carbon copy of the Press Your Luck event (minus the crafts being offered in the market), this one feels more like a chore and way less enjoyable to me.

I had thought that I was struggling to advance but after reading the posts I see I'm actually on the fortunate end of the spectrum this time. My robots have been dropping 4 OGs per collection, a few times only 3, but I've not seen anything above 4 at all this event. I did purchase the Phoenix, however that was because I'm a collector, not because I think the boosters really work. Going off of my personal past experiences with and without the booster items, I honestly think my drops would've been the same even if I hadn't bought the bird.

To me, it always seems as though every player is playing their own version of the game as far as drop rates go, this event's drops just seems more severe than usual for some reason.

Rhino Keeper
    My concern right now is the golden eggs. I?m crafting my second plane and looking ahead to the second flight suit. I need 4 golden eggs for the googles And only have two. I?m hoping my chickens are feeling generous!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    I'm crafting my second Flying Machine right now and am feeling pretty sick and tired of the monotony of gather Old Gears and crafting Industrial Beams and Blocks. Even though this event is a carbon copy of the Press Your Luck event (minus the crafts being offered in the market), this one feels more like a chore and way less enjoyable to me.

I had thought that I was struggling to advance but after reading the posts I see I'm actually on the fortunate end of the spectrum this time. My robots have been dropping 4 OGs per collection, a few times only 3, but I've not seen anything above 4 at all this event. I did purchase the Phoenix, however that was because I'm a collector, not because I think the boosters really work. Going off of my personal past experiences with and without the booster items, I honestly think my drops would've been the same even if I hadn't bought the bird.

To me, it always seems as though every player is playing their own version of the game as far as drop rates go, this event's drops just seems more severe than usual for some reason.
    Annira: did you use gems or purchase anything? I'm only asking to figure out how you are already making 2 flying machines.
    Having 4 old gears drop every collection helps but even if I had that I wouldn't be much farther than the 2 pigs.

I need 3 more of each block/beam before I can make my second pig. For those I need 8 more gears.

EDIT: OOPS: I had my steps wrong and thought the flying machines were last. You actually aren't that much further ahead.

I'm continuing with the event but won't spend any gems. I'll let you know how it goes, I am logging in every 90-120 minutes during the day.

Well, not intentionally spending gems, apparently I really wanted to collect from my marketplace instead of smash a rock outcropping #GEMCONFIRMATIONBUTTON
    Last edited by HuckleTown; 06-17-19 at 11:59 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ham2905 View Post
    My concern right now is the golden eggs. I?m crafting my second plane and looking ahead to the second flight suit. I need 4 golden eggs for the googles And only have two. I?m hoping my chickens are feeling generous!
    I hope you get them, people have been asking for less use of gold nuggets (although we still need for this event) and more use of gold eggs/ apples

I wonder if the Press Your Luck event seemed so much more fun because of how we all enjoyed crafting/decorating, and sharing pictures, with the Pot O Golds until the number was capped!
    Last edited by SofiaDeo; 06-17-19 at 12:04 PM.