Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 6/13: A Tinkerer's Tale | goals and inventory on page 1

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by peachtreeshoppe View Post
    The events should be built for max 8 check ins a day. Max. Preferably 6, but I can justify paying 2 or 4 gems to make up for some missed items that I chose not to log in to collect.
    It's an interesting topic to discuss and probably off-topic. I believe 5 times per day is absolute maximum (preferably 4), more times would require setting times/alarms for most players and I think is's an outrageous demand for a game.Yes, I'm playing more than 5 times per day/night and setting timers every event, but it should be my choice not a requirement for completing event.
    I hope S8 will change the drop rates soon so this event would be achievable. I know they can fix it during weekends too, they did it before.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Melany77 View Post
    I'm getting an average drop rate of 1.5 old gears per collection (7 robots).
    We need 261 gears. Assuming I collect 10 times a day (no life, no sleep) I'll need 17.4 DAYS to complete this event. To be honest, I didn't even collect 10 times a day, and I've been logging in constantly.
    So if this drop rate is not improved, no one will finish even if they log in every 1.5 hours for the next 2 weeks.

S8, are you even listening? Who programmed this kind of drop rate into a 14 day event?
    I have in average 3 drops per collection. In rare occasions it is 4, sometimes 2. For once I cannot complain too much.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    I have in average 3 drops per collection. In rare occasions it is 4, sometimes 2. For once I cannot complain too much.
    @ShibuyaCloth, do you have the Robot Phoenix?
    I am normally about average in my drop rates on my board, however I woke in the middle of the night and collected and with my first collection of the morning in total got 2 Old Gears. Also the monkeys since last evening have been hiding. So being in IT myself I figured that s8 noticed that the Robot Phoenix was rendering the same drops without it, they fixed the drop rate for the Robot Phoenix but to the detriment of those whom dont have it on their board.
    Queendom Name - Hyrule

Quote Originally Posted by olcastle View Post
    It's an interesting topic to discuss and probably off-topic. I believe 5 times per day is absolute maximum (preferably 4), more times would require setting times/alarms for most players and I think is's an outrageous demand for a game.Yes, I'm playing more than 5 times per day/night and setting timers every event, but it should be my choice not a requirement for completing event.
    I hope S8 will change the drop rates soon so this event would be achievable. I know they can fix it during weekends too, they did it before.
    Is it off topic? Sorry if so spiritwind, I thought as we are hoping s8 can somehow adjust something for the old gears it fit in, so they can adjust what a "reasonable" expectation should be for a free prize to catch people up for a programming error that's making this impossible. As the spreadsheet shows, it'd all take exactly 14 days and missing a check in means you're out of luck.

I'd love 4 but I think if they did that much fewer people would purchase their paid bundles. Maybe 6 max then... I also do not check in 8 times (0 for a long time and now that I'm back, 3 times... But forcing myself for more in hopes that the event becomes achievable. I won't leave IRL events to go home and play this game, and I won't wake up even more to play it. My kids wake me up enough; I don't need to pull out a screen and lose the little sleep I get.

Host(ess)
    I'm on goal eight and it requires me to make 3 flying wings. But when I look at the requirements to craft a flying pig at the Industrial Workshop it requires 4. Does anyone know why there is a discrepancy?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by peachtreeshoppe View Post
    As the spreadsheet shows, it'd all take exactly 14 days and missing a check in means you're out of luck.
    The problem is we don't have 14 full days (or even 13,40 as in the spreadsheet) because the first day starts at 11am and the last ends at 6pm. Another problem - the spreadsheet based on assumption we get average 1 gear from 2 robots. Reading the forum, looks like it's worse. I have 2 or 3 gears form 7 robots, couple times got 4.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by 04966 View Post
    I'm on goal eight and it requires me to make 3 flying wings. But when I look at the requirements to craft a flying pig at the Industrial Workshop it requires 4. Does anyone know why there is a discrepancy?
    3 flying wings in goal 8 is just to warm you up. You'll need 8 wings in goal 9 ( for 2 pigs).

Host(ess)
    Doh! Thanks 😊

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    The problem is even with this drop rate, which is stellar compared to mine, you'll need to log in 7 times a day for 13 day straight just to complete the event.

I just got 4 gears in one collection, but this is after a collection of 0 gear. So my average has not improved.

Rhino Keeper
    I have had collections ranging from 1 to 5. Lately it's been more like 1-2.

Trudyscandles