Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 6/13: A Tinkerer's Tale | goals and inventory on page 1

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by wishtheywerereal View Post
    I'm out, peeps. Did my calculations for the remaining gear collection as the gears are the serious bottleneck in this event. I still need 166 gears, less 30 from the pack, 136... avg 2 gears realistically per collection, 68 more collections over 9 days, 7.5 per day. Except for the next three days I will hardly be able to log on more than three or four times per day. I would have to buy three packs to be on the safe side to get all those gears. It will be cheaper to buy the final prize in germs if I get the gems on sale. This makes three events out of four I haven't been able to really do. : (

GOSH, real life, huh? Hopefully the next event will be something I can fully engage. On the bright side (always a bright side) I have made extra towers with my leftover blocks and beams. : ) They will be nice for fall decorations given the muted colours. : )
    That's too bad! :-(
    I really hope I'm not jinxing it by writing this, but I'm optimistic that I'll be able to make it without spending any real money, either on gems or a value pack. I still need another 142 old gears, but my average is closer to 3 than 2 gears per collection, and I believe logging in enough times won't be an issue. It's only 2-3 minutes each time, I can even do that during a bathroom break... ;-)

Nightclub Owner
    Crafted my first Flying Machine - 10 hour timer, first collection gave me $1,976, 1 Wood and 1 Living Wood.

It's very steampunk which I was expecting with this event but I will admit I was expecting it to be smaller. At 2x2 it's very unlikely to remain on my board after this event. It's a shame since we have to go through so much effort to craft them!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    No need to find and repost info on goals in previous pages as I loaded all goals onto page 1 about 7 hours ago... some in draft form as I'm not up to that goal yet, but all there.

Thank you to those who are forging ahead!
    I’m on the flying pig goal. Looks like you need to make two, so, you need 8 wings. Arg.....

Rhino Keeper
    I don?t understand why drops are so bad for some players and not others? I know they can?t be programming each persons game individually (unless they are targeting people who complain). Don?t they use an algorithm so that everyone experiences the same drop rate?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by msmorg View Post
    I don?t understand why drops are so bad for some players and not others? I know they can?t be programming each persons game individually (unless they are targeting people who complain). Don?t they use an algorithm so that everyone experiences the same drop rate?
    For me drop rates are always bad..
    I think because i'm from Holland.
    Different id them from people from the USA...
    It's always like that

Farm Supplier
    Only one gear this time! It is worse than ever .... and as I can’t connect every 2hours.... unless S8 does something, I won’t be able to finish.... Who is programming these quest? Somebody from mars who think a day last 48 hours!!!!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    I've written known drops in post 3 on page 1.
    Thank you.

Not good enough to justify the 200 gems for the oh-so-cute flying raccoon! Dammit!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by queens_ransom View Post
    That's too bad! :-(
    I really hope I'm not jinxing it by writing this, but I'm optimistic that I'll be able to make it without spending any real money, either on gems or a value pack. I still need another 142 old gears, but my average is closer to 3 than 2 gears per collection, and I believe logging in enough times won't be an issue. It's only 2-3 minutes each time, I can even do that during a bathroom break... ;-)
    I'm with wishtheywerereal. Drops so far have been about 2 per collection. Still need 168 old gears. I have been setting timers, but with meetings and things, I average a collection about every two hours. Energy is not a problem, and I have nearly collected all the nuts and bolts from flying monkeys that I would need. I'll keep going for a few days, but it's not looking good.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by msmorg View Post
    Perhaps the drops are better for those who bought the robot Phoenix for 250 gems. It says back of its card that it boosts drop rates of event items.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by zoroak View Post
    Perhaps the drops are better for those who bought the robot Phoenix for 250 gems. It says back of its card that it boosts drop rates of event items.
    Even if the drops are a little better with the phoenix, I still don't think it's worth 250 gems (unless you want the phoenix itself for your realm). As others have pointed out, you can buy 125 gears with 250 gems, about half of what we need for the event. As others have suggested on this thread already, the math isn't there to be able to complete this event in the time allowed with the old gear drop rates we are getting. I have to wonder if Storm8 is experimenting with a price point here-- we have these really low gem cost items with terrible drop rates, kind of forcing us to quit, not finish, or buy the gears for 2 gems each.

Obviously, the best fix is to improve the drop rate of the old gear type item to allow us to play the game with reasonable expectations for daily play (NOT every 2 hrs!). In addition to that, in the future, I really hope Storm 8 will lower the cost of the "old gear" type item in this event type to 1 gem (instead of 2 gems). This is supposed to be a free game to play, and I think the 1 gem price better matches that standard. We do get in game gem awards (they are random from adventures, purple cow, dragons, etc.; and as trades in the exchange) that we could use toward a 1 gem price point. 2 gems and above is really forcing us to spend money on the game or earn gems via offers in order to play, IMO.
    Last edited by farmerted7; 06-17-19 at 09:41 AM.