Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: GOAL: Barnyard Fun - 2019 Jun 11 (15 Days)

I live in New Zealand. Just outside Christchurch in the south island.
    I have already used so many gems I'm not pleased with myself. I get like ocd about getting things done and end up using lots of gems.

1) How do some people have so many more ovens out than me?

2) Putting sooooo many 2 day roast chicken on a goal is just not fair on us and if you really want it, you'll end up using gems. I have seen this item in other places and really wanted to get it.

Cheers.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by edie62 View Post
    I have already used so many gems I'm not pleased with myself. I get like ocd about getting things done and end up using lots of gems.

1) How do some people have so many more ovens out than me?

2) Putting sooooo many 2 day roast chicken on a goal is just not fair on us and if you really want it, you'll end up using gems. I have seen this item in other places and really wanted to get it.

Cheers.
    Everyone automatically gets 18 slots for appliances just by playing through the game levels. If players want to have more than 18 appliances on their game board at one time, they have to purchase an extra slot using gems which is how some players have so many more appliances out than others. The current price is 49 gems for each additional gem slot, back at the start of the game it used to be 25 gems and on very rare occasions the slots go on sale which is a great time to buy them.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Prizepecha View Post
    I bought a goal stove and it gave me an aussie stove that I can't even aquireparts to build. [Do not post Support emails or private communications in the forum], so why are these goals so messed up and difficult to complete? Been playing for years and it's just getting worse.
    I'm still working on goal 4 so I've not got to the Barnyard Stove appliance yet to know the details of any issues regarding that item. If you're having issues with the second goal appliance, you should post in the bugs forum, include as many details as possible and add photos if you can.

Bugs Forum: https://forums.storm8.com/forumdispl...ugs-amp-Issues
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 06-13-19 at 05:26 AM. Reason: Edit quote

Hi everyone,
    How is everyone doing? I just got done doing the all of the BBQ Chicken for Part 1 of the Side Goals. Now have all 12 of the Roasted Chickens cooking. In a little over 4hrs. I will have 7 of them done. The 8th will be done in about 6hrs. The last 4 have 2 days.
    I have all 3 of the Barnyard Ovens built and out. Which gives me 3 slots open at the moment. I?m making some different quick things since I?m about to have nothing but BBQ Chicken & then the Roasted Chicken.
    ​Amy

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovetodesign View Post
    Hi everyone,
    How is everyone doing? I just got done doing the all of the BBQ Chicken for Part 1 of the Side Goals. Now have all 12 of the Roasted Chickens cooking. In a little over 4hrs. I will have 7 of them done. The 8th will be done in about 6hrs. The last 4 have 2 days.
    I have all 3 of the Barnyard Ovens built and out. Which gives me 3 slots open at the moment. I?m making some different quick things since I?m about to have nothing but BBQ Chicken & then the Roasted Chicken.
    Why not get a head start on step 2?
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 06-14-19 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Removed glitch comment

I think I mat have just messed this up. Did something wrong with the calculation trying to get ahead. Now I might have to cook the BBQ Chicken all over again. The last 4 Roasted Chicken in the 1st Part has 15 hrs for a couple of them. 18hrs for
    1 of them. I watched videos to speed them up a bit. I think I can watch maybe 1 more video.
    I was thinking I have 16 hrs until the BBQ Chicken would spoil. I guess I miscalculated how much more time I would have left with the Roasted Chicken even though I waited a few hours or so before starting the BBQ Chicken for Part 2.
    So, should I serve the BBQ chicken & start over or wait? This is causing stress. Not good for me especially with my health not good.
    ​Amy

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovetodesign View Post
    I think I mat have just messed this up. Did something wrong with the calculation trying to get ahead. Now I might have to cook the BBQ Chicken all over again. The last 4 Roasted Chicken in the 1st Part has 15 hrs for a couple of them. 18hrs for
    1 of them. I watched videos to speed them up a bit. I think I can watch maybe 1 more video.
    I was thinking I have 16 hrs until the BBQ Chicken would spoil. I guess I miscalculated how much more time I would have left with the Roasted Chicken even though I waited a few hours or so before starting the BBQ Chicken for Part 2.
    So, should I serve the BBQ chicken & start over or wait? This is causing stress. Not good for me especially with my health not good.
    The general rule of thumb is: however long it takes to cook a recipe, that's how long you have until it spoils but lots of players report there's even more time than that, especially with the longer timed recipes. Conservatively, once the BBQ Chicken is finished and ready to serve, you've got another 16 hours until it spoils but popular opinion says you've got more time than even that. From the sound of your post, I would think you would be fine leaving the BBQ to wait until your Roast Chickens are ready.

And, since the Main Goal recipes have much shorter timers, you'll have to check in more frequently than the Side Goal would demand to serve things up. That's good news for you since it means you should be able to keep an eye on the chicken situation without adding extra log ins to your schedule.

Rhino Keeper
    I really hate this goal.
    I'm still at the first part of the sidegoal and be able to finish in two days. I just put the last roast chicken in the oven.
    With only 9 ovens to work with
    This is not fair because I really like the goalprice

Rhino Keeper
    A peaceful sunshiny speck of dust in the Caribbean
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    The general rule of thumb is: however long it takes to cook a recipe, that's how long you have until it spoils but lots of players report there's even more time than that, especially with the longer timed recipes.
    Spoilage time equals 2.5 times the cook time. So a 16 hour recipe will spoil after 40 hours. I've timed spoilage several times myself and agree with this conclusion.

Regarding the current goal recipes appearing on multiple appliances, I'm wondering if it's really a bug (why hasn't it been fixed yet?). Perhaps Storm8 is trying to make up for its less than stellar performance over these past months by "throwing the players a bone". I'm currently cooking my last batch of the second recipe on the second appliance. I should be finished with the main goal by tomorrow, which will leave me with about 10 days to work on Parts 2 and 3 of the side goal. I started the goal on Day 2 and have 20 appliance slots. The side goal isn't as daunting as it first appeared, if you have at least 18 appliance slots.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 06-14-19 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Removed off topic / 3rd party site comments
    Chief Cook and Bottle Washer at these fine dining establishments: Trini Vibes, Aloo Pie, Cou Cou, Benne Balls, Tamarind Ball, Chili Bibi, Sugar Cake, Toolum, Ponche de Creme, Buss Up Shut, Seamoss, Souse, Mauby and Kurma

Nightclub Owner
    UPDATE Goal Decos are now visible, first post graphics have been updated to include them.

---------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by mogglo View Post
    Spoilage time equals 2.5 times the cook time. So a 16 hour recipe will spoil after 40 hours. I've timed spoilage several times myself and agree with this conclusion.

...snip...
    Thanks for the data on the spoilage - it's a good thing to know but not something I've ever had the time or inclination to figure out myself, lol.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 06-14-19 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Edit quote

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast