Thread: Unfair 35k leaderboard deal.

Unfair 35k leaderboard deal.

So many may have seen the super ridiculous 35 k package deal.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8D6606A7-1077-4526-8F56-66464BA1A84F.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	52028

What‘s being done about this ridiculously unfair advantage that people have gotten? I worked my butt off in the leaderboards and wasted over 1000 gold and I was actually doing really well until this astronomically unfair deal came out. I was managing top 70‘s - 80‘s which has been VERY HARD for someone with only 1 evolution den and 2 nests. I was doing so well, but as soon as this ludicrous deal comes out...I‘m Barely holding on to rank 97 and I don‘t expect to hold it for much longer. I could have just kept 2nd spot and bought 260,000 food for 1000 gold instead of compete for top 100. Wasted all my
    Gold for nothing.

If I had known that this 35k deal was coming out I wouldn‘t have bothered. 1000+ gold waste. I don‘t usually regret my purchases but this is a first. I‘m not happy at all and I can‘t afford to buy more
    Gold and I don‘t want to throw the last of what I got away because then I can‘t afford the next 2 space habitats because I don‘t get paid until the end of the month which would leave me just enough time to pay for the final one...I won‘t be doing another global leaderboards event until I can purchase more nests and another evolution den...everyone just smokes me when the boost their points on all of theirs...but this crazy deal just made things impossible for people who work hard and can’t afford to buy boat loads of gold. I think the 35k point deal should be taken back and adjusted to 3,500 because anyone that bought that If they didn‘t have all the dragons before they certainly do now.
    Last edited by AraRaider; 06-09-19 at 11:32 AM.
    8+ years friendly DS player. I'm ⒶⓁⓌⒶⓎⓈ accepting active new neighbors, event item requests and maps. I also always reply to messages, message away or write on my wall to chat! Ⓜⓐⓡⓑⓛⓔ ⓚⓔⓨⓢ time requirements are the ⓦⓞⓡⓢⓣ!⃝

~✿❀✿~❃❁❃~✿❀✿~

Executive Chef
    I don't know how they can fairly remedy this for everyone involved. There was already a thread about it that has been closed because they don't want us to speculate on it or complain or something. It was a mistake and was only supposed to be 3500 points. It definitely knocked me out of 1st place. If I don't place in the top 1000 globally I'll be very upset because I need the food and maps. It's not fair to take back 35,000 points because people spent 30 US bucks thinking they would get that many points. But adding 35,000 points for everyone wouldn't be fair either.
    I'm sure as heck glad that S8 staff are only running a game and not a hospital or national security or something. There is a new screw up every. Single. Event.

Well, they could give back the $30 and take back the points and the dragon but leave the food in compensation for the inconvenience

Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    I don't know how they can fairly remedy this for everyone involved. There was already a thread about it that has been closed because they don't want us to speculate on it or complain or something. It was a mistake and was only supposed to be 3500 points. It definitely knocked me out of 1st place. If I don't place in the top 1000 globally I'll be very upset because I need the food and maps. It's not fair to take back 35,000 points because people spent 30 US bucks thinking they would get that many points. But adding 35,000 points for everyone wouldn't be fair either.
    I'm sure as heck glad that S8 staff are only running a game and not a hospital or national security or something. There is a new screw up every. Single. Event.
    I wanted to comment on that thread but couldn?t so I made my own. We should be allowed to complain and speculate on a seriously unfair mistake such as that. S8 should be aware of how much this affects players and how much of a slap in the face it was to all of us who worked extremely hard for our points. Others should know that didn?t see that deal why they were unfairly pushed out of their spots that would otherwise have been a sure thing. They should LEAVE the deal like that rather than change it back if they?re not going to take the points away from the people that purchased it because how is it fair that only those people that bought it right away get 35,000 points?

I have worked my butt off for my points. Boosting every 4 hours, even waking up during the night every 4 hours to boost and collect points, wasting 1000+ gold on this event and I?m not going to have anything worth it to show for it. I won?t get 250K food now thanks to this absurdity. It?s a slap in the face to all of us who worked hard. It means all my hard work has amounted to nothing because it?s only a matter of time before I?m completely pushed out of the top 100. I wish I didn ?t purchase any gold for this event...I could have actually bought more nests with that 1000 gold and habitats instead but nope. Wasted on an event I was guaranteed to lose once people starting get 35,000 points on the package deal. I ?m really sad and upset. I don ?t think I want to compete for top 100 leaderboards again. It ?s not fair and I can actually save money by just buying 260,000 food for 1000 gold instead of throwing more than 1000 on an event to keep global...friend and I were gonna sync on first but she has the money to keep fighting the global leaderboards and I don?t so I won?t be able to sync with her unless she gives up. So it will probably really all be for nothing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	66EA55AD-5F43-471C-B62F-D3C07992808C.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	118.2 KB 
ID:	52030
    8+ years friendly DS player. I'm ⒶⓁⓌⒶⓎⓈ accepting active new neighbors, event item requests and maps. I also always reply to messages, message away or write on my wall to chat! Ⓜⓐⓡⓑⓛⓔ ⓚⓔⓨⓢ time requirements are the ⓦⓞⓡⓢⓣ!⃝

~✿❀✿~❃❁❃~✿❀✿~

Personally I don?t believe it was an ‘accident’ or ‘mistake’ more a strategically placed money grab to see how many would actually ‘pay to play/win’ and to shake up the leaderboard, best bet is dead pixels idea of refund and take away points but sooner rather than later considering some will now think they ‘have it in the the bag’ and that will give all time to readjust to the correct score and work harder if needed for their deserved points.
    Last edited by sophiesonsters; 06-09-19 at 05:56 PM.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    Well, they could give back the $30 and take back the points and the dragon but leave the food in compensation for the inconvenience
    I don?t think they would do that but who knows. I think the top 150 should get the 250,000 food in light of this screw up because all of us would have been in the top 100 it it wasn?t for this. They?ve officially pushed me out of the top 100 and I?m NOT happy anymore. It?s costing too much to keep up. i?m really disappointed with how this was done and deeply regret ever buying that 1400 gold to compete , I?d ask for a refund but there?s far too many things I spent the gold speed breeding/hatching trying to be in top 100.

~✿❀✿~❃❁❃~✿❀✿~

Banned
    Great part is they will shut this thread down, and never fix anything. I urge everyone to stop spending money. It's the only way they will change. Until then have them call you a armchair developer and say you dont know what your talking about.

Community Manager [S8] Vanellope's Avatar
    Thank you for the report. I understand it would've been easy to say nothing and appreciate your willingness to come forward due to the potential impact on the health of the game.

Our team will investigate and evaluate next steps. I'll be closing the thread, because in this case the only discussion would just be speculation on internal processes. For the few players who bought the pack containing the original Points value before the update, if you have a question, please submit a ticket to support.