Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Champion dragon

Champion dragon

Hi. Can someone please explain this that how can I get champion dragons?

Banned
    The way we used to get champion dragons was by winning tournaments but with the dumb monthly themes there has been no tourneys with pure champions in the last 2 years. The only way to get them now is through essence in the codex.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairyzbakery View Post
    Hi. Can wsomeone please explain this that how can I get champion dragons?
    Not sure what level you're at as that can be a factor for available options.
    Champions cannot be bred, but there are several ways to obtain one.

Champions can be prizes from Leaderboard or community events, in addition to other in game opportunities like mining & battle tournament rewards.

They may be crafted from essence. There are Rare Champs to craft for 400 Essence such as Paladin. This dragon has a 15 hour hatch time and lower food requirements than other dragons from the same category.
    All good things to consider along with which dragon design you find appealing.
    Research is worth it, as some Super Rare champs craft for 1,600 Essence, have a 2 day hatch/evolve time and need a lot of food for Epic form.

Champs may also be purchased in the Market. Many are on sale right now. Best of luck!

Thank you guys. I have just gone ahead and crafted a strength dragon.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PuntaMita View Post
    Not sure what level you're at as that can be a factor for available options.
    Champions cannot be bred, but there are several ways to obtain one.

Champions can be prizes from Leaderboard or community events, in addition to other in game opportunities like mining & battle tournament rewards.

They may be crafted from essence. There are Rare Champs to craft for 400 Essence such as Paladin. This dragon has a 15 hour hatch time and lower food requirements than other dragons from the same category.
    All good things to consider along with which dragon design you find appealing.
    Research is worth it, as some Super Rare champs craft for 1,600 Essence, have a 2 day hatch/evolve time and need a lot of food for Epic form.

Champs may also be purchased in the Market. Many are on sale right now. Best of luck!
    If you have none, even a pure Rare Champion for 400 essence will help in BT. However, a Super Rare Champion is best for BT.
    Do check the feed schedule before buying/crafting your SR Champion. I forgot & crafted Valkyrie SR , very good in BT but is a apple hog. After I spent the 1600 essence, I got Warrior Princess, SR as a LB or WE milestone prize. 😕 She's in storage.

Note: the recommendation is to have a PURE SR Champion because except against ADIPPS(Achilles,Diamond,Infinity, Passion,Pyramid,Soccer) & { from practical results: Metal, Dark & maybe Beast types } a Champion is strong against any other type. The more types an opponent has, the weaker it is against a Champion.
    e. g. A 3 color/type dragon has 3 weakness.
    This is why single type Commons win in BT against Champions as it has only One weakness & why single type specials(Dark, Beast types, Pyramid before it became a hybrid) are desirable.
    Last edited by retseho; 05-28-19 at 02:32 PM. Reason: changed Beast to Beast types

Executive Chef
    Is Strength Dragon a good battler? Does anyone know? I don't find it particularly attractive, but I am intrigued by its secondary element, tarot.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    Is Strength Dragon a good battler? Does anyone know? I don't find it particularly attractive, but I am intrigued by its secondary element, tarot.
    Strength is pretty decent but I wouldn't count it among the top champion hybrids I have.
    My top 5 champ hybrids are:
    1. Wardrum (champ/black)
    2. Harmony Knight (champ/green)
    3. Cleric (champ/white/blue)
    4. Neo Glasswing/Glasswing (champ/rainbow)
    5. (tie) Amazon (champ/red) and Daywing (champ/yellow/red)

My top 5 pure champs are:
    1. Dueler
    2. Guardian Angel
    3. Warden
    4. Battlesteed
    5. Gilded Knight
    Last edited by skyharbor602; 05-27-19 at 07:42 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    Hopefully someone who uses Strength
    in battles will answer you.
    Who has time to test all the new types in battles to find its strength/weakness?
    There are so many new types &
    non-stop events that testing is hardly possible. The only thing we can do is if we think a dragon may be a good Battler, we have to raise it & test it ourself.

If the Tarot type follows the World/Earth type which seems to have no effect on strength/weakness, then Strength may possibly be another Congo (World.Champion) with battle results like a pure Champion.

Congo was the first Champion type I obtained on my second island so I had no choice but to raise it for battles. Turned out very well but I still crafted pure SR Champion.

Executive Chef
    Thank you, Skyharbor602 and retseho for weighing in! I was hoping that someone would be around. I don't think I'm going to spend gold on any dragons in this sale after all, but I'm making a list for crafting later. It sounds like Strength is not really worth getting, especially since I'm not fond of his appearance (how shallow am I!? LOL!). I've had my eye on Wardrum for a while, so I might make him a top priority for crafting. I don't have most of the others you mentioned except for Gilded Knight, and he is definitely one of my favorites and a go to dragon. At only 400 Essence, he's a steal! I did buy a Neo Glasswing in a value pack for my brand new account so that it would at least have *something* to battle with, and I have not been disappointed so far. I'm trying to build a good selection of battlers for all 3 of my accounts. I got Prize Fighter thinking he would really be good, and, ummm, nope. More like Booby Prize Fighter. Lol! But he's cute (or handsome might be a better word).

Banned
    It's interesting to find out which champs work for other players and which don't. I wish my Glasswing was a better fighter. Got her to 15 in hope's that would help. She wins quite often but I feel for her rank in listings , she still loses more than I like, just can't count on her. In comparison, I use mithril, unruly, gentle knight, light mother and dread captain for most battles in tourny. If the extra colors don't match up then I go to battlesteed and warrior prince, my only level 14 champs. The Dark One is level 13 and he's a disappointment. I wonder if getting him to 15 would help or should i take Alpha dark one out of storage and feed and hope he fights better... just interesting how different players have different results.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast