Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GOAL: Summertime Sunshine - 2019 Jun 6 (5 Days)

I’m liking the recipes themselves. I already had a few built and already have the final prize so I’ll be finished with this goal tonight. Just working on unlocking the last recipe.
    BS- No longer accepting neighbors

⭐We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka)⭐

Has anyone finished?
    It looks like I will finish in time, even with the mistake. Accidentally served something too soon.
    ​Amy

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovetodesign View Post
    Has anyone finished?
    It looks like I will finish in time, even with the mistake. Accidentally served something too soon.
    I've done that myself and the noise I make every time it happens startles any animal in a five mile radius, lol. Since I've already got the prize, I just went as far as Goal 4 to unlock all of the new recipes. I finished that goal this morning which makes it seem like they have actually tried to make the 5 Day Goals more achievable.

Much appreciated, s8.

Rhino Keeper
    Has anyone else noticed the absolutely atrocious profit margins of recent recipes? They cost a lot more to prepare, compared to the number of servings, which lowers the net income. The three new recipes are netting us a profit of between 1.3 to 1.8 coins per serving. Compare these figures to the net profit of the three original recipes on the crab grill (2.8 to 2.9 coins per serving). Subtle, Storm8. Just another reason our restaurants aren't earning like they once did.

Note: The three recipes added last year (which apparently will remain locked to many of us) had even better profit margins than the original three recipes...between 3.7 to 3.9 coins of profit per serving. This update makes me say ouch.
    Last edited by lynniefish; 06-08-19 at 03:37 PM. Reason: More info

Quote Originally Posted by lynniefish View Post
    Has anyone else noticed the absolutely atrocious profit margins of recent recipes? They cost a lot more to prepare, compared to the number of servings, which lowers the net income. The three new recipes are netting us a profit of between 1.3 to 1.8 coins per serving. Compare these figures to the net profit of the three original recipes on the crab grill (2.8 to 2.9 coins per serving). Subtle, Storm8. Just another reason our restaurants aren't earning like they once did.

Note: The three recipes added last year (which apparently will remain locked to many of us) had even better profit margins than the original three recipes...between 3.7 to 3.9 coins of profit per serving. This update makes me say ouch.
    Oh, yes, I've noticed! This is a very common thing for S8 to do during these short goals. And I guess the other 3 recipes will remain locked until they decide to re-release this oven again!

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by dommiecook View Post
    What about all of us that never had these machines before, or for those of us that didn?t do the goal they had last year? What about those 3 locked recipes, the crab salad, crab ravioli and crab chowder? I don?t care about the goal prize for last years goal, but I do care about those unlocked recipes. Storm8, please, I?m begging you, unlock those recipes, keep the goal prize that came along with it, just unlock the recipes for us, please. Can?t someone please get in touch with them and ask them to do this for us, please.
    Totally agree with you, why aren't all the recipes unlocked? Its not like Storm8 haven't made us work our socks off for goals beforehand, I would have been away when it was last released so not online to do the goals, surely opening all recipes and squeezing those final hours out of the five days was doable?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by lynniefish View Post

Noticed that too--unhappily. But if they gave us a decent profit/serving, they probably just would have given us a low number of servings. I often can't keep my customers fed (also a function of my desire to only serve foods that match my decor, I admit), so it sort of balances out for me. But a decent number of servings plus a decent profit/serving would be really nice to see!

Nightclub Owner
    Agreed with everyone who thinks we deserve better profits for our recipes. It wasn't that long ago that all the new recipes we were getting had higher profits but that went away when the new goal system rolled in, if I recall correctly.

I just don't see why they would give every new recipe such low selling points when better pricing would only make our gaming the tiniest bit easier. It's not like extra coins means all the difficulty in the game disappears!

I mean, their profit margin is usually their main focus (and I get that to a point) but... I don't see higher recipe profits cutting into their bottom line so there's really no reason not to beef up the recipes already!

Is the Blue Sky Cooler supposed to be served in a glass as a drink? Mine is being served in a bowl with a spoon....

Where is the prize? I received it but have looked through my floor items at least 3 times! I did find other prizes I didn't have time to look for previously!

I found it! Between Holiday tree and Romantic Dinner! Then I had to shuffle things to get it to fit and redo Floor etc. Really not worth the effort but I did it.
    Last edited by KadeeDid; 06-10-19 at 09:38 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast