Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 6/6: The Kelpie Catastrophe | goals on page 1

Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    I'd suggest armored alicorn as well. Those dailies are very useful during events.

I just crafted my 3rd. I hope to get 13 more gold tokens to make my 4th during this event also.
    Thanks - I have the max 4 armor and Max 1 glitter alicorn. I wish I had more alicorns available, but none left.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    Oooo one mystery chest gave 8 rotten cabbages, yay!
    I got 163 event points

Why are the prizes random?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by wishtheywerereal View Post
    Could you please let us know how *much* energy? Is it the same every time or is it a range? Thanks!

I just made my first wizard portal. I will upgrade that to the max then get and upgrade the second wizard portal. Then maybe some armoured Alicorns? It will only take a year. ; )
    Amored Alicorns are like any other daily energy droppers- you may get average small amounts of 4-10 or even those rare +40, +100 drops.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Cursed pearls are from Of Land and Sea storyline so if you're not up to that part of main story or the goals associated with it then you'll not be able to craft the Armored Kelpie just yet. It will always be in the MRC though.
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...als-in-posts-2

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Armored Kelpie now has a max of 2

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by wishtheywerereal View Post
    Could you please let us know how *much* energy? Is it the same every time or is it a range? Thanks!

I just made my first wizard portal. I will upgrade that to the max then get and upgrade the second wizard portal. Then maybe some armoured Alicorns? It will only take a year. ; )

Edit add: oops, confused armoured alicorns w dark armoured unicorns. : )
    Dark Armored Unicorn does NOT drop energy. Coins (3,000 to 4,000?) and spellbound dew.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDeeBird70 View Post
    Dark Armored Unicorn does NOT drop energy. Coins (3,000 to 4,000?) and spellbound dew.
    Thank you. I think I'll be shooting for an Armored Direwolf. It seems kind of insane to spend 4000 stored energy to get something that will drop 20-60 energy every 5 days (according to hub). Figure 40 energy on average, and 39 since it uses one to collect, that's 512 days of faithful collections. So it'll take a year and a half for it to return what it took, not to mention the 75 mithril that took a few years to accumulate.

Hmm. I think I just talked myself out of it.

Arguably it's the same issue for the Wizards portal. Nominal energy for the tokens and essence aside, 85 coins takes maybe 2 golems (2-3 bronze trades and a gold trade), and golems are averaging 35 energy for me... so that's 70 energy per coin. That's 5950 energy spent to get a wizard's portal that pumps out 4 to 12 energy a day at that first level, no additional gold coins needed. Say you collect faithfully 3 times a day... 12 energy. It'd be 495 days before you break even on all that spent energy.

Maybe it's all just silly and I should go back to the Mermaid thing. It was worth it to get the Tinker Camp which has immeasurable value of time, getting 50% more crafts done in the same amount of check ins. The animals are seeming less and less appealing when you do the math.

Am I wrong? Without a regular gold nugget dropper, I don't think these are worth it.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowsandRandoms View Post
    After reading some comments I now feel I'm being very unfair to the players on my leaderboard who might want the Royal Kelpie. I had 1500 energy saved when this event started and I used a lot of it fighting gollums to get the gold troll tokens. I want another armoured direwolf. All those fights have put me more than 1000 points ahead of the other players but I don't want to win, I only want as many gold tokens as i can get over the next week, but that means my LB points will keep accumulating and I'll end up taking the 1st prize from someone who wants it.
    How were you able to save so much energy? Do you have a lot of alicorns?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AuntyRose32 View Post
    Not just you, me too. My spawned blue Aquanther didn?t drop tokens for me.
    QUOTE federerGOAT : "For me, only the pink one dropped tokens, the blue one did not." (sorry, don't know yet how to get 2 quotes in 1 message)

Spiritwind, I'm not the only one that had no tokens drop from Blue Aquanters. (and federedGOAT said the pink one do drop them)
    Can you change that in the 'Thread: Castle Story: Monster Hunts | Gold Troll tokens | How it works' ?
    Last edited by RonjaR82; 06-07-19 at 11:03 PM.

First collection from my Kelpie gave mermaid scales (don't know how many as i was maxed on them) and 4 water.