Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 6/6: The Kelpie Catastrophe | goals on page 1

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    I felt like that the first few LBs as well. I've been playing for many years, have lots of energy sources and more stored energy than I can use at any given time. That's just what happens after years of dedicated daily playing and most will find themselves in the same situation eventually. After discussing the fair/unfair issue with fellow players, I realized that it's not on me to ensure another player is enjoying their game.

Is it fair the way they randomly throw groups together? No, absolutely not. But that's not really something we can fix. I feel for those who find themselves at a disadvantage in regards to energy in any event. We've all been there at some point in the game and it's not a great feeling. Ultimately, not playing the hunt to your full advantage isn't going to do anything in the long run other than set you back.

Now, when an LB is on, I post a message on my wall saying I'm not interested in the LB but I am going to get as many tokens as I can. This way, any of those that are vying for the LB can see where I stand and factor that into their play. Other than that, I ignore it altogether. Playing this way makes it much more enjoyable for me, personally.
    I'm in a similar boat. I was saving up energy for months of not playing and had about 4000 at the start. I'm down to 2000 energy but am close to getting the Kelpie... I have 1974 points, the next 3 are 518, 317 and 286. I guess I would like to win (I used to compete to win, now it's coming easily) but I don't mind not winning either.

Suggestion to S8: Have an opt-out button so folks that don't want to win the prize aren't taking it from people who do.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by peachtreeshoppe View Post
    What are your favorites from the Mythic Research Center? I'd like to figure out which to craft...
    A few notes:
    - I'm maxed on regular Unicorns.
    - I have enough Mithril, Spellbound Dew, Golden Apple, and glimmer shard/fragment sources.
    - I have one golden peacock but haven't noted the frequency of a nugget drop... (I don't need more Golden Eggs.)
    - I have an Armored manticore and don't think it's given me much.
    - I have one Armored Flyer but I don't think I've ever gotten a permit or trade ticket from it... am I not paying attention?

I'm thinking Armored Direwolf (but need 50 coins... probably next MH) and I'd consider the Armored Lion, but 30 nuggets is a lot to give up.

What would you do?
    The Armored Alicorns (you can have 4) and the Glimmer Alicorn (max 1) are daily energy sources. The Armored Wyvern (max 1) has drops like a mine, silver, iron etc. The Wizards Portal is an excellent source of energy, 5 hr. Timer. Level 1 drops 4 energy, level 5 drops 8. It does take a lot of tokens to upgrade but has been worth it for me as I have most of the other stuff, 3/4 Unicorns.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowsandRandoms View Post
    After reading some comments I now feel I'm being very unfair to the players on my leaderboard who might want the Royal Kelpie. I had 1500 energy saved when this event started and I used a lot of it fighting gollums to get the gold troll tokens. I want another armoured direwolf. All those fights have put me more than 1000 points ahead of the other players but I don't want to win, I only want as many gold tokens as i can get over the next week, but that means my LB points will keep accumulating and I'll end up taking the 1st prize from someone who wants it.
    It's not your fault S8 sets up Monster Hunts as Leaderboards! It would be more enjoyable, and fairer, if Monster Hunts were a Community Event like the Siren one. Many people like Monster Hunts to get gold tokens for the Mythic a Research Center animal builds (heck, I'm trying to Build the MRC!). Don't feel bad you saved your energy for MH tokens. It seems after Team Lava left, the S8 mindset came, and there's nothing we can do about it. So enjoy.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by trailbean View Post
    Do cottages, farmhouses spawn any monsters during Monster Hunt? Any other buildings?
    Please read Page 1 info on Monster Hunt.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    Please read Page 1 info on Monster Hunt.
    Found it, thank you!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDeeBird70 View Post
    The Armored Alicorns (you can have 4) and the Glimmer Alicorn (max 1) are daily energy sources. The Armored Wyvern (max 1) has drops like a mine, silver, iron etc. The Wizards Portal is an excellent source of energy, 5 hr. Timer. Level 1 drops 4 energy, level 5 drops 8. It does take a lot of tokens to upgrade but has been worth it for me as I have most of the other stuff, 3/4 Unicorns.
    I'd suggest armored alicorn as well. Those dailies are very useful during events.

I just crafted my 3rd. I hope to get 13 more gold tokens to make my 4th during this event also.

Rhino Keeper
    Well, in the first 24 hours of this event I managed to accumulate almost exactly 600 points. This is too few by far to stand a chance of winning the royal kelpie in my leaderboard grouping, but it does tell me that it's entirely feasible for me to get the 2,300 points for the normal kelpie. It's too bad, though, I much prefer the looks of the royal one. But oh well, I'll take it!

Executive Chef
    Oooo one mystery chest gave 8 rotten cabbages, yay!

Does anyone know what does armored Kitsunecorn drop?
    I love the design of Kelpies, it's fantastic. Have got my Kelpie, the collection time is 8h, will write tomorrow what it drops. The only thing i don't like in this event is the Leaderboard, i wish the game could be less competitive. That's why i have chosen this game years ago and still continue playing - because it is non violent, nobody can attack and rob you, you don't need to compete with/against your neighbours.
    In this MH i am going only for the daily Blue Direboar and endless Golems, all for the gold tokens. I like the MH, it could be more often as for me. MH is so fun, and no tension to fulfill all the tough tasks. You just go on in your tempo and enjoy earning&saving gold tokens, no need to set alarm clock for collecting from stupid Troll Camp, no need to stress. Pure joy.
    Last edited by GameAddicted007; 06-07-19 at 11:54 PM.

Executive Chef
    Well, I did my Armored Kelpie, but thing is - the craft is STILL open in MRC. So is the cap 1 wrong or is there a bug?

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast