Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 6/6: The Kelpie Catastrophe | goals on page 1

Fashion Designer
    Oh boy, glad that’s over with. I forgot to account for the time it takes to “refresh” after making the deliveries. If it wasn’t for that, I would have won first I wanted to wait until the last 10-15 mins to delivery everything and defeat one last golem but I waited too long. Shoot.

However, somewhat satisfying since last LB I got knocked out of second at the last second so at least I got the Royal Kelpie this time. I’m not a fan of LB’s for the same reasons others have stated and will only be hunting down monsters for tokens.

Thanks to everyone who offered advice on strategy and helpful tips. I really appreciate the community vibe on this forum. The game is fun to play but you guys make it extra special.

I guess I got lucky cause the other players in my group didn’t seem all that interested in competing. I finished with just 9K but most of the other players ended the LB event with only 5K - 6K twelve hours ago.

Executive Chef
    Wow, the leaderboard terror is over- finished 4th with 13 793 points ( first one was 22529) - and since 3rd place had over 4500 poinst more than me - I could just give up in the end

I love monster hunts - absolutely hate leader boards.

Farm Supplier
    I always get to the point prize (2300).. usually a little more with final push to get a few extra tokens with remaining energy. Most of the time I'm middle of pack (finishing 6th - 12th or so). Maybe 50% of my group reaches 2300.

This time all 20 people reached 2300. I finished 19th. 1st mid-day was 6.5k and a substantial lead. End was a total different person with 12k, 2nd 11k, and that "leader" with 6.5k ended in 4th with 7.5k.

I just use regular energy like any other 7- 14- or 21-day quest line .. The monster hunt requires more than usual (about 350 energy/day) to get to 2300. But I like the continuous GOOD use of energy versus the complete wastefulness of energy of other quests.

Rhino Keeper
    I came in 4th but didn't get the prizes, what the hick?

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    You have to wait a couple of hours before prizes are released.

Fashion Designer
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	648A9AC7-5DC5-40CD-A64A-366FF93A359A.jpeg 
Views:	95 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	52063
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19FE960B-3D8E-469F-B85C-34377E8E25A8.jpeg 
Views:	92 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	52064

22 hr collection, 88 gems to speed up

Fashion Designer
    I hate leaderboards as they are totally geared towards favourable time zones. I was going for the 4th place prize bracket and was confortably in 4th place at 11pm (3 hours before the end). The person ahead of me clearly really wanted 3rd place and must have bought the boost as they leapt further ahead in the last hour - they must have been in a similar time zone to me as they stopped and were on the same number of points this morning. However, in the last hours, clearly someone in a favourable time zone put in a last minute burst and came past to take that 3rd place spot. Didn't make a difference to me as I'm still in the same bracket but the person one ahead of me lost the prize they wanted.

This is why I won't spend any gems to try and won one of these stupid things. I can't guarantee my place is secure as the event finishes in the early hours of the morning for mem- I'm not getting u in the middle of the night t complete as I have to be up fairly early. No one cares about this inequity though and always claim it doesn't exist when it's mentioned here.

I tried to share second place but the third rather kicked me to third in the night. I dont think this was necessary
    I really liked the look of the price.

Executive Chef
    Congratulations for those who won the Royal Kelpie!

I have to say I'm happy with the drops of the normal Kelpie.
    I collected 3 times from him and 2 of the 3 times he gave me 3 Mermaid Scales (+water and coins) and 1 time 1 Mermaid Scales (+water and coins)
    Makes him a more valuable and reliable Mermaid Scales source than ponds and wells.

I crafted a Unicorn and Armoured Alicorn (thanks for the advise!) this Monster Hunt, really really happy with them!
    Thank you for all the tips, advise and camaraderie. On to the next event!